PDA

View Full Version : Poland v Belgium

stojkovic
17/11/2007, 6:30 PM
starting on Setanta now if anyone is interested.

POLSKA POLSKA

CollegeTillIDie
17/11/2007, 6:34 PM
Yes watching it live now. They are also showing Serbia v Poland on Wednesday night

reder
19/11/2007, 9:19 AM
Watched that game and it looked like a cracking atmosphere. Would love to get Poland in our next campaign, looks like a proper footballing place to visit.

superfrank
19/11/2007, 11:17 AM
I watched that game too. The fans were simply amazing.

Poland seemed to suffer a bit from stage fright and if they hadn't scored such a fortuitous goal who knows what could've happened. But they pulled through and fair play to them.

I've been impressed by what I've seen of them so far, apart from the defeat in Armenia. I remember when they drew 2-2 in Lisbon against, arguably, a stronger technical side. It'll be great to see them in the Euros and hopefully they do better than the WC.

Stuttgart88
19/11/2007, 2:33 PM
I only saw the highlights of the Poland game in Lisbon, but as you refer to "fortuitous" goals, surely their equaliser against Portugal was just that? It's what I was saying elsewhere, sometimes there's a very fine line. Did Poland deserve the draw or did Portugal just deserve to edge out a win?

superfrank
20/11/2007, 10:22 AM
I only saw the highlights of the Poland game in Lisbon, but as you refer to "fortuitous" goals, surely their equaliser against Portugal was just that? It's what I was saying elsewhere, sometimes there's a very fine line. Did Poland deserve the draw or did Portugal just deserve to edge out a win?
IIRC, a draw was a fair result. Portugal didn't deserve to win the game. IIRC, Poland equalised in the last minute. I know it was a "lucky" goal as it hit the post then went in off Ricardo's shoulder.

Closed Account 2
22/11/2007, 1:22 AM
they were lucky tonight vs Serbia.... i saw tonight and the game in Poland, I think they are an ordinary team and we could get 4 points H & A off them

superfrank
22/11/2007, 12:59 PM
Their last two games have been poor but they are still a very strong team.

The team against Serbia last night had a few key players out resting. Smolarek, Boruc and Krzynowek just off the top of my head and they STILL managed to draw 2-2 away to a Serbian side who still had a chance of qualifying if they'd won.