PDA

View Full Version : Average attendance this past season?

eamo1
16/11/2007, 11:42 PM
Does anyone know what it is?I dont think its possible to work it out from the offical site as they are missing a few attendance figures.Id say its around the 2,000 mark,yes?Thats probably our biggest average attendance since we were in crowley park and getting around that figure.i just remember games up there being packed,our lofty league position helped that though.

KoemansCC
17/11/2007, 3:34 AM
FFS, don't start a thread like this, we'll have every muppet that posts on foot questioning the figures and then the insults will start flying....

Galway Fan: We had an average attendance of 2,199.
Muppet: Did ye ****, ye fiddled the figures for reason A, B or C...admit it!!
Galway Fan: Why the **** would we do that?
Muppet: Insert conspiracy theory here*

* The Nick Leeson conspiracy, you know he was in jail :eek:
* The IAG/FAI conspiracy, how could you trust John Delaney with a head like that?
* The GUFC DVD conspiracy, we have the technology…
* The dodgy water conspiracy, first home win the day city water given the all clear…
* The dodgy lights/match fixing scandal, did Eric C rig the lights???
* Petrolgate
* Terry the Tiger foiling Pete Mahon’s well laid plans by passing a ball to UCD substitutes at half time

Actually its all starting to make sense now, I never realised we had so many conspirators in on it, Nick Leeson, John Delaney, Michael D, Eric C and the electricians union, the Galway City Council, Terry the Tiger and Maxi not to mention the 3000+ supporters we had at the big games (not UCD).

And to think lads, we would have gotten away with it but for the few in the know on foot; they had us rumbled form the start, how silly do we feel at this moment…now I know how poor old Ernst Stavro Blofeld felt when he was outwitted by Bond on numerous occasions.

Perhaps Ernst should have tried another tactic, a dastardly scheme to promote his local football team by trying to increase season tickets sales, selling lotto tickets and organising fundraisers throughout the season (and of course fiddling the attendance figures), I’m sure not even super spies like Bond et al would have rumbled that scheme…but those in the know on foot did ;)

corbyeire
17/11/2007, 9:30 AM
absolute quality KoemansCC

Tir Oilean
19/11/2007, 11:09 AM
Post of The Season!!

MyTown
19/11/2007, 1:10 PM
Top Marks Koemans.

Post of any season.

John83
19/11/2007, 1:17 PM
...* Terry the Tiger foiling Pete Mahon’s well laid plans by passing a ball to UCD substitutes at half time
...the 3000+ supporters we had at the big games (not UCD).
You're clearly obsessed with UCD. Why is that?

John83
19/11/2007, 1:19 PM
Does anyone know what it is?I dont think its possible to work it out from the offical site as they are missing a few attendance figures.Id say its around the 2,000 mark,yes?Thats probably our biggest average attendance since we were in crowley park and getting around that figure.i just remember games up there being packed,our lofty league position helped that though.
It's estimated here (http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=813228&postcount=1548) as 2199.

gufct
19/11/2007, 2:12 PM
john the reason for the dislike of UCD comes from the constant sniping and trolling from UCD Fans one tit in particular:eek:

Claret Murph
19/11/2007, 2:56 PM
john the reason for the dislike of UCD comes from the constant sniping and trolling from UCD Fans one tit in particular:eek:

oooohhhhhhhh gufct watch out or a yellow card may be heading your way ............:cool:

gardiner st.
19/11/2007, 3:22 PM
Is there a supporters club in Dublin

KoemansCC
19/11/2007, 3:31 PM
You're clearly obsessed with UCD. Why is that?

Absolutely nothing against UCD and the majority of their fans....

galwayhoop
19/11/2007, 3:43 PM
Absolutely nothing against UCD and the majority of their fans....

you mean there can be a minority in a group of 2??????????

Mr A
19/11/2007, 3:54 PM
One of them is slightly bigger.

gufct
19/11/2007, 4:01 PM
Is there a supporters club in Dublin

There used to be one but there is a group of fans who go to all of the Dublin games about 10/15 and some meet up for a drink.If you pm JC he should get back to you

Patrick Dunne
19/11/2007, 4:45 PM
Thats JC_GUFC.

The Dublin based supporters won't be meeting up again until March.

Galway United Supporters Trust have over 200 members, many of whom
are based in Dublin. Membership for 2008 will be open on the 1/1/08 and will cost just E5.

PD.

Jerry The Saint
19/11/2007, 5:17 PM
There used to be one but there is a group of fans who go to all of the Dublin games about 10/15 and some meet up for a drink.

Are we still talking about UCD fans here:confused:

gufct
19/11/2007, 5:47 PM
better not let Pineapple see that he could blow a Gasket:eek:

GuisaSaigon
19/11/2007, 7:13 PM
Are we still talking about UCD fans here:confused:
That's what I was thinking! 10/15 UCD Fans? that must have been at the cup semi final:D

Paddyfield
19/11/2007, 9:51 PM
FFS, don't start a thread like this, we'll have every muppet that posts on foot questioning the figures and then the insults will start flying....

Galway Fan: We had an average attendance of 2,199.
Muppet: Did ye ****, ye fiddled the figures for reason A, B or C...admit it!!
Galway Fan: Why the **** would we do that?
Muppet: Insert conspiracy theory here*

* The Nick Leeson conspiracy, you know he was in jail :eek:
* The IAG/FAI conspiracy, how could you trust John Delaney with a head like that?
* The GUFC DVD conspiracy, we have the technology…
* The dodgy water conspiracy, first home win the day city water given the all clear…
* The dodgy lights/match fixing scandal, did Eric C rig the lights???
* Petrolgate
* Terry the Tiger foiling Pete Mahon’s well laid plans by passing a ball to UCD substitutes at half time

Actually its all starting to make sense now, I never realised we had so many conspirators in on it, Nick Leeson, John Delaney, Michael D, Eric C and the electricians union, the Galway City Council, Terry the Tiger and Maxi not to mention the 3000+ supporters we had at the big games (not UCD).

And to think lads, we would have gotten away with it but for the few in the know on foot; they had us rumbled form the start, how silly do we feel at this moment…now I know how poor old Ernst Stavro Blofeld felt when he was outwitted by Bond on numerous occasions.

Perhaps Ernst should have tried another tactic, a dastardly scheme to promote his local football team by trying to increase season tickets sales, selling lotto tickets and organising fundraisers throughout the season (and of course fiddling the attendance figures), I’m sure not even super spies like Bond et al would have rumbled that scheme…but those in the know on foot did ;)

Quality KoemansCC.

It was posted after 4am. Were you pi$$ed or bored at work?

John83
20/11/2007, 10:37 AM
~ <- Joke
* <- Your head.

gufct
20/11/2007, 10:56 AM
~ <- Joke
* <- Your head.

??????????????

John83
20/11/2007, 10:58 AM
??????????????
Think about it.

MyTown
20/11/2007, 11:37 AM
Completely off topic, but in line with posts on this thread, my favourite UCD supporter is their PA man.

A Mr. M. Higgins, iirc. He had perfect tone and pace of delivery, stuck to the essentials, and could be clearly heard across the vast expanse of Belfield park. He reminded me of those old style RTE newsreaders like Charles Mitchell , Don Cockburn and Maurice O'Doherty. I know ye're all going Who?:confused: - but these guys were household names in single channel land....... a long time ago!

Best bit about the UCD PA man? He's originally from Galway of course. :cool:

DmanDmythDledge
20/11/2007, 12:03 PM
Yeah, that's his name. I can never make out what he's saying though.:)

gufct
20/11/2007, 1:04 PM
Maybe he is too articulate for long term UCD Followers.;)

JC_GUFC
20/11/2007, 5:28 PM
I remember when we played up there a few years ago and Dave Goldbey looked like he'd scored. The PA legged it up the ladder and announced the goal but unsurprisingly Goldbey had missed! :D

John83
20/11/2007, 5:31 PM
I remember when we played up there a few years ago and Dave Goldbey looked like he'd scored. The PA legged it up the ladder and announced the goal but unsurprisingly Goldbey had missed! :D
Eh? Our PA isn't up any ladder.

JC_GUFC
20/11/2007, 5:40 PM
Was it not up in the Press Box opposite the stand?

This would have been about 6 or 7 years ago.

John83
20/11/2007, 5:44 PM
Was it not up in the Press Box opposite the stand?

This would have been about 6 or 7 years ago.
It may have been then. I was only starting to go to games back then.

pineapple stu
20/11/2007, 6:00 PM
PA was always in the hospitality area, moving only the last year or so to the portacabin beside.

JC_GUFC
20/11/2007, 8:40 PM
Nice to see you back Stu, do you not read your PMs?

pineapple stu
20/11/2007, 8:41 PM
Not drunken 2am ones, no. ;)

JC_GUFC
20/11/2007, 9:03 PM
That was a post-Copa Sudamericana work PM!

So anyway is your man the oldish guy with a beard?! I'm sure I saw him climbing up the ladder, maybe he was just checking with the press who the goalscorer was! ;)

pineapple stu
20/11/2007, 9:11 PM
Yeah, that's him alright. It's possible, I suppose. Although if he's stuck, he generally tends to ask the fourth official. Maybe this was in the day before fourth officials?

KoemansCC
21/11/2007, 12:20 AM
Quality KoemansCC.

It was posted after 4am. Were you pi$$ed or bored at work?

Bored at work, fortunately...if I was ****ed I'd be sharing a taxi with Baileban...