PDA

View Full Version : Pat Dolan in Fridays Star

rambler14
16/11/2007, 9:49 AM
I was reading his column this morning and I have to say he was very kind to us. He referred to us as "Classy Cobh". He even tipped us to beat Derry City on Monday:eek:
He gave special mention to Kevin Murray saying that he is one of the top players in the 2 leagues still doesn't help explain why he was omitted from the team of the year!!!! Absolute crime hes not in it hes way better than Purcell.
Hopefully the Football Writers recognise Big Kev and Guthrie as the 2 best centre backs in the league and pair them together in their team of the year.

ramsfan
16/11/2007, 2:06 PM
far dues no matter what people say about him he is decent and is a real football man, talks about league from experience,knowledge and attending games, doesnt write columns from just looking at aertel like some hacks:)

pete
16/11/2007, 4:07 PM
Pat Dolan praises everyone in public (when was the last time he criticised any club?) but is a backstabber in private. I am surprised he has not claimed credit for Kevin Murrays progress - playing him on the left wing at City must surely have made him the player he is now. :eek: :D

MojoPin
16/11/2007, 4:17 PM
playing him on the left wing at City must surely have made him the player he is now. :eek: :D

"i wouldnt of scored that memorable goal without the insight of pat playing me on the wing in my city days" - kevin murray on red fm ;)

where did city get murray and as for the left wing ha ha wat???

pete
16/11/2007, 4:19 PM
where did city get murray and as for the left wing ha ha wat???

Don't know where he came from but Dolan played him in central & left midfield (I am fairly sure not a once off) & whole lot more than central defence. He was used as a target man from goal kicks on left midfield like Kilbane for Ireland.

:o

ramblersnb1
16/11/2007, 4:23 PM
maybe it was a blessing in disguise remember charging runs in limerick

rambler14
16/11/2007, 4:25 PM
maybe it was a blessing in disguise remember charging runs in limerick

Brings a smile to my face:)What a man! Should be in the team of the year. Hope hes in the writers team of the year at least.

depor
16/11/2007, 4:58 PM
ya pat dolan was down in cobh shouting for limerick with his city fleece on. and what about the lies he printed in the paper ''over the moon'' in referrence to kelly going bolistic when we got the last minute winner against limerick, he said supporters were abusing the ref inspector(kelly) but in fact kelly was stirring **** and someone said something back an hour b4 the final whistle. he went mad because he hates to c us doing well and then tried to say some1 mooned him.

dolan with all his talk bout irish football and all he is is a readingfc scout. he only praised us because any1 with a pair of eyes can see this rams team have class, and if he said anything else it would make him look stupid.