PDA

View Full Version : The Bohs game

The Sheliban
19/05/2003, 9:17 PM
Ironically, I thought we played our best football of the season against Bohs, yet in the end we were fortunate to escape with a point. Rather frustrating because we bossed them in the first half, and all but 15 minutes of the second half.
As a contest it was very physical - Crawford clattering into Hunt after a few seconds, Keegan elbowing everyone in sight, Richie and Jason invoking the wrath of the red and black army for reckless fouls, Webb and Hawkins putting it about etc, but it was not a nasty match.
Crawford's goal was well worked. Jayo had a free header that hit the post, they equalised from a very disputable corner, then Hunt [God, he's the bane of our lives] got a screamer. Supersub Ger McCarthy , the worst player in the world according to Pats fans, then came on at the death and his blistering pace got us a deserved equaliser.
Jayo hit the post again in the second half, but it was his glaring miss that will probably haunt him for a long time.
It was a great spectacle, a great atmosphere. Of course I'd prefer it to be a rubbish match and we win 1-0, but you can't have everything. Ryan and Sparky made a difference for Bohs in the second half - thankfully they warmed the bench for the first half. Crowd attendance, I'd estimate at about 6,000 - though I'm open to correction on this - including about 2,000 Bohs.