PDA

View Full Version : FM08 Network Game - Instructions

Aaron
15/11/2007, 9:39 PM
Hamachi

Hamachi is basically a program that allows you to join a network that someone has created.

OK, here are instructions on how to join the network game.

Firstly everyone needs to download and install hamachi. See link below:

Hamachi (http://www.hamachi.cc/download/list.php)

Now once you have installed hamachi, click join network. The network name is "EircomLeague". Write it in as I have it here, leaving out speachmarks. I will OPM everyone the password, this means only the people playing can get in. Once you have joined the network, just minimize hamachi.

You must log into hamachi before going to join the network game.

Joining FM Network Game

Once you have hamachi running, I will have the game set-up. You have to click network, join network game. The "EircomLeague" game should be there. Click on it and type in the password. I will send it via PM later. It should be straightforward enough then.

IF ANYONE HAS ANY PROBLEMS JOINING, DROP ME A MESSAGE ON HAMACHI OR HERE. TO LEAVE A MESSAGE ON HAMACHI RIGHT CLICK MY NAME AND SEND A MESSAGE.

Aaron
15/11/2007, 9:54 PM
Now a few rules I have to set down. Because there are various users, some may be waiting on others. Say for instance someone leaves their PC and people are waiting on that person(s) to press continue, I have set it so that after 60% of the users have pressed continue, those who havnt have one minute before it automatically continues.

It just means the game can have a little flow to it. Also I am going to limit everyone to 2 friendlies. This is because the game may take a while to get into the season, and the more friendlies there are, the longer it takes. 2 friendlies maximum.

Is everyone OK with this?

harpstilidie
16/11/2007, 1:56 PM
Think thats me in now. Not sure though. Am i still allowed to be harps or is a premier division team easier??

gustavo
16/11/2007, 1:59 PM
For the sake of speed it would be better if you were a Prem team as there would be less matches to go through as you would be playing a human team most weeks

harpstilidie
16/11/2007, 2:01 PM
Ok, what prem teams are left? Is it just bray? I'll be them if its easier.

niallsparky
16/11/2007, 3:23 PM
Im having problems connecting to the server. Are you able to use a basic account?

Red-ODea
16/11/2007, 5:09 PM
whats the code for actually entering on fm

Aaron
16/11/2007, 6:42 PM
Im having problems connecting to the server. Are you able to use a basic account?I havnt got the game running or hamachi, so you cannot connect to the network whilst offline
whats the code for actually entering on fmThe username is EircomLeague and I sent you the passwords via PM.
Ok, what prem teams are left? Is it just bray? I'll be them if its easier.Bray, Cork or Waterford?

niallsparky
16/11/2007, 7:25 PM
I havnt got the game running or hamachi, so you cannot connect to the network whilst offline

Alright cool.

Red-ODea
16/11/2007, 11:28 PM
The username is EircomLeague and I sent you the passwords via PM.

no i meant the IP address......i got the passwords...thanks

Aaron
17/11/2007, 11:14 AM
no i meant the IP address......i got the passwords...thanks

I dont think you need it. When I have the game running it should appear under local networks, we're doing a test run tonight so if there's any problems then i'll let you know

Red-ODea
17/11/2007, 3:09 PM
I dont think you need it. When I have the game running it should appear under local networks, we're doing a test run tonight so if there's any problems then i'll let you know

Thanks

Red&White Rover
17/11/2007, 4:27 PM
Think i'm on.

Aaron
17/11/2007, 5:10 PM
We'll test about 9pm. R&W Rover, connect to hamachi and see if you see my name(Aaron)

Red&White Rover
17/11/2007, 5:18 PM
yes, Aaron is there.

Aaron
17/11/2007, 5:23 PM
yes, Aaron is there.

Was the little green light on beside my name?

Red&White Rover
17/11/2007, 5:28 PM
Was the little green light on beside my name?

nope.

Aaron
17/11/2007, 5:32 PM
Was my name in white or grey? I think those in white are logged in

sligoman
17/11/2007, 5:54 PM
I'm logged in now and Aaron is in grey with no green light.

Aaron
17/11/2007, 6:25 PM
I'm logged in now and Aaron is in grey with no green light.Sligoman your in grey so I can see your logged in. Anyone know who "OWNER-V28" is?
I'm logged in now and Aaron is in grey with no green light.Hows that now?

sligoman
17/11/2007, 6:36 PM
Hows that now?White with green light.

Aaron
17/11/2007, 6:40 PM
Great, that means i'm online. We're giving a test run at 9

Aaron
17/11/2007, 9:57 PM
OK so Gustavo and Sligoman could not get in, we'll try again tomorrow. O'Da, Niallsparky and R&W Rover got in OK so we know its working

gilberto_eire
18/11/2007, 2:02 PM
ok im connected up on hamachi with everyone now..... to join the network through FM do i have to wait until 5pm?...not showing up anything

everybody have the same datebase at this stage?......

Aaron
18/11/2007, 2:11 PM
everybody have the same datebase at this stage?......

Yeah you didnt download any other updates did you?

irishfan
18/11/2007, 2:26 PM
Is this being started at 5pm today? Can i be Cork City if there not picked?

Aaron
18/11/2007, 2:36 PM
Is this being started at 5pm today? Can i be Cork City if there not picked?

Yep no problem, have you downloaded and installed hamachi and logged in? See forst post if not