PDA

View Full Version : The new look Andy Fordham

carrickharp
15/11/2007, 12:54 PM
Some change SEE HERE (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/othersports.html?in_article_id=493480&in_page_id=1781) :eek:

passinginterest
15/11/2007, 1:01 PM
That's incredible. He still doesn't look too healthy though. Would be great to see him make a successful comeback, always came across as a likeable guy.

paul_oshea
15/11/2007, 1:59 PM
he seems worse there if ye ask me!!! like someone on dialysis or something!

strangeirish
15/11/2007, 2:06 PM
Jaysus, did he get hit with one of his own darts?:D

Stevo Da Gull
15/11/2007, 4:35 PM
Holy sh!t :eek:

TheBoss
15/11/2007, 5:46 PM
I did not recognise him :D

bennocelt
16/11/2007, 8:27 AM
I find this amazing, how did he lose that weight so fast, and would it affect his dart playing? (balance?)

carrickharp
16/11/2007, 10:27 AM
Another picture here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/other_sports/darts/7096290.stm) also Andy failed to quallify for the world champions yesterday.

Stevo Da Gull
16/11/2007, 10:29 AM
I find this amazing, how did he lose that weight so fast, and would it affect his dart playing? (balance?)

They say that when you are severely overweight that the stones can drop off with light excersise and a generally healthier lifestyle, but after spending a couple of years battling his weight it is amazing how quickly it all happened in the end.

I'd say it will almost certainly effect his dart throwing, I remember when Phil Taylor lost 2 stone in 2 months (or something like that) and it did seem to affect him - it seems to me that Phil will often lose weight throughout the year and then put it back on for big tournaments, I'm not sure though but his weight certainly fluctuates. Anyhow it should definately take Andy some time to adjust to the new weight/balance of his throw - I hope he succeeds (and he definately can) but there is a possibility that he may never be the same player again.

EDIT:
Another picture here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/other_sports/darts/7096290.stm) also Andy failed to quallify for the world champions yesterday.

Nice timing :D Yeah I would'nt have expected him to qualify, it'll take him time to find his game.

Paddy Garcia
18/11/2007, 8:19 PM
Jaysus, did he get hit with one of his own darts?:D

:D very good

rambler14
21/11/2007, 8:50 AM
He Looks Ill

Ceirtlis
21/11/2007, 11:05 AM
They say that when you are severely overweight that the stones can drop off with light excersise and a generally healthier lifestyle, but after spending a couple of years battling his weight it is amazing how quickly it all happened in the end.

I'd say it will almost certainly effect his dart throwing, I remember when Phil Taylor lost 2 stone in 2 months (or something like that) and it did seem to affect him - it seems to me that Phil will often lose weight throughout the year and then put it back on for big tournaments, I'm not sure though but his weight certainly fluctuates. Anyhow it should definately take Andy some time to adjust to the new weight/balance of his throw - I hope he succeeds (and he definately can) but there is a possibility that he may never be the same player again.

EDIT:

Nice timing :D Yeah I would'nt have expected him to qualify, it'll take him time to find his game.

He has not been the player he was for a long time in fairness and was expected to be knocked out 3-0 last year similar to the previous year until he took ill before it last year. It was either lose weight or die pretty much after that. He must have given up the sauce, he said that he used to drink 25 bottles every night while playing in the pub that he owns. Best of luck to him anyways he is a character.

Stevo Da Gull
23/11/2007, 11:05 AM
Yeah, thats a fair point alright. And yeah he's given up the booze I think, I read he drinks alcohol-free beer now I think.