PDA

View Full Version : Dundalk Team news - only 12 fit outfield players!!!

DRDoc
15/11/2007, 9:37 AM
From the Dundalk website

Dundalk Team News: Dundalk’s promotion hopes have been dealt a severe blow just 48 hours before this game, with the news on Wednesday evening that John Gill has been forced to draft in four under-21 players for the side’s trip north. This move comes as a result of yet more crippling injury news, with David Crawley (ribs), Robbie Doyle (head) and captain Aidan Lynch (calf) now all expected to miss out through injury. This trio is added to the already long absentee list, which contains suspended duo, Shaun Williams and Trevor Vaughan, and injured quartet, Vinny Perth, Philly Hughes, Ben Whelehan and Kevin McArdle, leaving Gill with just 12 fit outfield players for the club’s biggest game of the year.

Thats i think seven regulars missing!
Just 12 outfield players fit!

Harps have to be big bookie favs - worth a shot?

holidaysong
15/11/2007, 10:41 AM
It could be a long trip home from Ballybofey tomorrow night. :(

ramsfan
15/11/2007, 4:44 PM
with all that trouble i think i will put my money on ye, the way it always goes the team with all injuries have leasrt expected and will prob steam straight through

how did they all get injured ye played a second team for the last three weeks of the season

and suspensions surely ye could have kept the players on yellows out of the team

oh ya and tell gill and bennion if they are looking for us tomorrow we wont be there as we are champions, not in the playoffs as he told all who would listen when he was in colmans park

Mr A
15/11/2007, 5:38 PM
Can't help expecting that Dundalk will have more fit players available than they're letting on. Oldest trick in the book. :eek:

Sheridan
15/11/2007, 5:39 PM
Aye. Giller is fond of these mindgames.