PDA

View Full Version : Title day in Scotland...

Xlex
19/05/2003, 10:11 AM
no matter what your thoughts are of Celtic and the 'Auld Firm' are the football purists will have one eye on the final day fixtures next Sunday... It's going to go down to the wire and given that neither side bottle it, goal difference will settle the destination of the SPL title... Rangers are top of the table by virtue of having scored one more goal... its a tight way to end the league...

no usual BS about the Irish Celtic chit please...

Scotsman
19/05/2003, 11:26 AM
Yep it's gonna be close - Rangers unfortunately I feel have the upper hand - Dunfermline have never beaten Rangers in 20 odd years and they play them at Ibrox. We have got Killie at Rugby Park, which is never an easy place to go to - A win is not good enough as Rangers will surely beat Dunfermline - Celtic need to score a minimum of 6 - 7 goals to be safe - Tough task against opposition at their home ground.

Celtic should start with wee Maloney as he ran Dundee ragged with his quick turns and he can score great goals from open play and from dead ball situations.

If Celtic win against Porto and lift the UEFA Cup then this would obviously be a boost and could get them up for the challenge - In saying that , if Celtic were to lose the UEFA Cup this could also spur them on as the League would be all we had left.

Who knows how it's going to pan out - Hopefully Celtic can with both and it would be amazing to slag off the Rangers!!

Ta

Tom Peppers
20/05/2003, 3:34 PM
No matter what happens on Sunday whether you are a Celtic fan or not you have to admire their never say die attitude. After all only a few weeks ago a title shot looked dead and buried when they were beaten by Dundee. And look at them now. On for a magnificent DOUBLE. Come on ye Celts

tiktok
20/05/2003, 8:09 PM
a playoff would be terrible, have to admit i'd fancy rangers

i reckon rangers will score at least three, which i think will be too much for celtic, but fingers crossed

hopefully a win tomorrow will drive them on

having said that, what a way to wrap the season