PDA

View Full Version : training facilities... will we ever learn?

jbyrne
15/11/2007, 8:02 AM
i read today that the Irish team had to move training grounds yesterday as the first venue had no portable goals. what kind of fools work in our backroom team that they didn’t even bother checking on the facilities before arranging to train there. it seems to me that our travelling fans put far more thought and planning into these games than the set-up around the team!

Sligo Hornet
15/11/2007, 8:06 AM
Agreed!...just goes to underline how little importance is given to this fixture ( except as you say by us fools.....sorry fans! )

macdermesser
15/11/2007, 8:17 AM
i read today that the Irish team had to move training grounds yesterday as the first venue had no portable goals. what kind of fools work in our backroom team that they didn’t even bother checking on the facilities before arranging to train there. it seems to me that our travelling fans put far more thought and planning into these games than the set-up around the team!

well .. these things stopped happening when Kerr was in charge... it would be great to get him involved in the set up again in some capacity ..

elroy
15/11/2007, 8:43 AM
well .. these things stopped happening when Kerr was in charge... it would be great to get him involved in the set up again in some capacity ..

Maybe they did but the results overall didnt improve and thats all that matters really.

jbyrne
15/11/2007, 9:09 AM
Maybe they did but the results overall didnt improve and thats all that matters really.

at least with kerr we went into the last round of matches with a chance of qualifying. a one nil win v the swiss in the last campaign would have put us in the play-offs.

all the little things count and it beggars belief that someone didnt bother paying a visit to the facilities before finalising plans to train there

carloz
15/11/2007, 2:04 PM
Werent they training at some University

Sligo Hornet
15/11/2007, 2:09 PM
Werent they training at some University

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio gogogoch University................but the players were struggling with the prenounciation,
so they moved to Barry!;)

carloz
15/11/2007, 2:17 PM
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio gogogoch University................but the players were struggling with the prenounciation,

I was actually in Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio gogogoch on Sunday. Damn its a miserable little place

Sligo Hornet
15/11/2007, 2:32 PM
I was actually in Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio gogogoch on Sunday. Damn its a miserable little place

Do they have a football team?.......if so can you imagine the cheerleader starting the song everyone dreads........."GIVE US AN L......etc":eek:

Noelys Guitar
15/11/2007, 2:34 PM

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio gogogoch is what I usually call the FAI at closing time!

tomred23
15/11/2007, 7:17 PM
Why does something like this surprise me

stojkovic
15/11/2007, 10:13 PM
FAIL to prepare, prepare to FAIL

Coming soon - Genesis Part IX

Drumcondra 69er
16/11/2007, 8:54 AM
at least with kerr we went into the last round of matches with a chance of qualifying. a one nil win v the swiss in the last campaign would have put us in the play-offs.

all the little things count and it beggars belief that someone didnt bother paying a visit to the facilities before finalising plans to train there

And what was that result again?

Oh, and what was the result when we went into the away game against the Swiss in the previous campaign in the same position.

Two of the worst performances I'd ever seen from an Irish side to that point, they didn't seem very well prepared, remember the first 10 minutes of the away game?

It is still a disgrace that there's issues over training facilities in this day and age but sadly not surprising. Wouldn't give a fook if the results were good tho.

OwlsFan
16/11/2007, 9:07 AM
FAIL to prepare, prepare to FAIL

Coming soon - Genesis Part IX

We did all the preparation in the world under Kerr. Where did it get us? The Irish rugby team had every conceivable preparation. Where did it get them. No moveable goalposts. Big deal. I see Roy Keane sent his Sunderland team off go-karting before a game recently. WOnder how many moveable goal posts were on the go-kart track :rolleyes:

jbyrne
16/11/2007, 9:20 AM
We did all the preparation in the world under Kerr. Where did it get us? The Irish rugby team had every conceivable preparation. Where did it get them. No moveable goalposts. Big deal. I see Roy Keane sent his Sunderland team off go-karting before a game recently. WOnder how many moveable goal posts were on the go-kart track :rolleyes:

so youre saying that really there should be no preparation and that facilities shouldnt be right? if that was the case why did they subsequently feel the need to move somewhere else?

do you really believe that the successful teams have not got their preparations sorted 100%?

the problem with kerrs thorough preparation wasnt the preparation itself but was rather the fact that the players got bored with it as it was eating into their playstation time

i fail to see any relevance of what roy gets the sunderland players to do in their spare time

OwlsFan
16/11/2007, 9:30 AM
I am saying mountain out of a molehill. Is your organisation 100% perfect in everything it does? Is any organisation? ****-ups happen. They're part of life. When it's the FAI, it's front page news. Moveable goalposts. Bet you we lose because of that :rolleyes:

The go-karting wasn't in spare time. It was instead of training for "team bonding purposes". I just find that ironic.

jbyrne
16/11/2007, 9:43 AM
I am saying mountain out of a molehill. Is your organisation 100% perfect in everything it does? Is any organisation? ****-ups happen. They're part of life. When it's the FAI, it's front page news. Moveable goalposts. Bet you we lose because of that :rolleyes:

The go-karting wasn't in spare time. It was instead of training for "team bonding purposes". I just find that ironic.

obviously we are not going to lose just because we had no moveable goalposts but it illustrates the lack of care that no one even bothered to check out the facilities. footballs in saipan, goalposts in wales... maybe they will forget to bring the players along the next time!.... but sure i suppose nobodys perfect :rolleyes:

Macy
16/11/2007, 10:09 AM
We did all the preparation in the world under Kerr. Where did it get us?
Caused him to lose the dressing room of lazy, arrogant, overpaid players. Pretty much the same players that were delighted to see the likes of Mick Byrne back involved because he's a sound man (not for technical prowess) and a more relaxed (aka unprepared) attitude return. So how did the same knobs perform this campaign without that preperation?

shakermaker1982
16/11/2007, 11:05 AM
Not having portable goals is a lot different to the balls and kit not turning up.

Billsthoughts
16/11/2007, 11:07 AM
So how did the same knobs perform this campaign without that preperation?

They didnt.

CollegeTillIDie
17/11/2007, 8:54 AM
Well lads we can still come 6th and prove all of ye correct :D