PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions

Marco
14/11/2007, 2:58 PM
Be gentle with this, but just a thought ... I need some ideas to work with for the new season, like season tickets, should they be credit card size, reserved seating if you pay extra, new match programme etc, all ideas are welcome. Put them in order like your top 5 wish list

luka
14/11/2007, 3:53 PM
Be gentle with this, but just a thought ... I need some ideas to work with for the new season, like season tickets, should they be credit card size, reserved seating if you pay extra, new match programme etc, all ideas are welcome. Put them in order like your top 5 wish list

Have you seen the sample ID card Marco? It's defo the way to go. More professional as well instead of a folded up A5 card in yer pocket. If you haven't seen it, I gave it to the Bar Manager to show around. Producing these isn't time consuming nor is it pricey :D

rambler14
14/11/2007, 4:00 PM
I'd be proud to take it out of my wallet. Whoops thats just my season ticket for Ramblers!

Marco
14/11/2007, 4:31 PM
Have you seen the sample ID card Marco? It's defo the way to go. More professional as well instead of a folded up A5 card in yer pocket. If you haven't seen it, I gave it to the Bar Manager to show around. Producing these isn't time consuming nor is it pricey :D

Ya luka I saw yours(card i mean!) that would be ideal, is it easy to get done, if so that should be the way to go.

ramsfan
14/11/2007, 4:40 PM
should do the hit the bar thing like city but develop it get a team of 5 say,
get them on pitch at half time give them 3 shots each, see how many times they hit , set up a league table and at last home the two highest scoring teams come back for final playoff for a prize,say 5 vip tickets to ireland match
teams can be five lads dont necesarily have to be a footie team can go round pubs with entry forms, could make it an interpub this way get more people to matches to watch there team

could also get pubs to sponsor teams

ideas are flowing now:D

:D

rambler14
14/11/2007, 4:42 PM
should do the hit the bar thing like city but develop it get a team of 5 say,
get them on pitch at half time give them 3 shots each, see how many times they hit , set up a league table and at last home the two highest scoring teams come back for final playoff for a prize,say 5 vip tickets to ireland match

Thats a punishment not a prize!

Marco
14/11/2007, 4:43 PM
Just an idea but does the supporters club have an official crest or logo? If not any ideas, maybe some one with a bit of graphics no how could come up with one.

ramsfan
14/11/2007, 4:51 PM
get a radiomic for next year like utd etc
get announcer on pitch before game talking to people standing in terraces etc it will generate an atmosphere and he/she will more part of match day
we need to come up with a proper goal celebration song and team leaving/entering pitch song

:D:D

ramsfan
14/11/2007, 4:53 PM
distribute forms or online application details for supporters club ten quid to join and you get membership card which gives a discount on club merchandise
generates cash and will give supporters an identity and official number which could be used when booking buses etc:D

rambler14
14/11/2007, 4:54 PM
get a radiomic for next year like utd etc
get announcer on pitch before game talking to people standing in terraces etc it will generate an atmosphere and he/she will more part of match day
we need to come up with a proper goal celebration song and team leaving/entering pitch song:D:D

Couldn't agree more. How about "We are the Champions" Sunday week vs City.
Again a proper goal celebration song and team leaving/entering pitch song can also be voted for in a poll. Although we'll need that new sound system before we can think about any of that.

ramsfan
14/11/2007, 4:55 PM
great opportunity missed to sell scarfs in athlone before game, do this at home games etc

get signed pictures of team with trophy and sell to supporters i for one would like to have a picture to remember day we won league

rambler14
14/11/2007, 4:57 PM
great opportunity missed to sell scarfs in athlone before game, do this at home games etc
get signed pictures of team with trophy and sell to supporters i for one would like to have a picture to remember day we won league

distribute forms or online application details for supporters club ten quid to join and you get membership card which gives a discount on club merchandise
generates cash and will give supporters an identity and official number which could be used when booking buses etc:D

Great ideas. I think there brilliant.
An ideas machine on the forum this could come in handy!:D

ramsfan
14/11/2007, 5:01 PM
i know i keep saying a tenner reason being even junior members can afford a tenner---hopefully

MojoPin
14/11/2007, 5:01 PM
season ticket suggestions

200 is the average for the premier and the family ticket is exceptional value maybe tis needs to be up by a small percentage?

this years season ticket has to be an excellent package think of the amount of new season ticket holders this coming season we must make it more attractive to the newbies

--id card format
--free poster for sure
--free scarf /hat /programme????
--maybe for an extra 20 at the start of the season a free programme at every game? (if we sell 400 season tickets @20 extra thats 8000 euro to send to the printers as an initial payment perhaps this would offer us a discount in teh long run)
---an exclusive meet and greet session with the players after a pre season game or training
-- a little book detailing our glorious season last season (even this should be produced for sale at the dinner dance 10euro each get them signed by the players priceless)
-- free car stickers

the presentation is important this year lets try and look as professional as we can

i know al the above cost money but ya gotta look after your season ticket holders.

rambler14
14/11/2007, 5:05 PM
-- a little book detailing our glorious season last season (even this should be produced for sale at the dinner dance 10euro each get them signed by the players priceless)

i know al the above cost money but ya gotta look after your season ticket holders.

Shouldn't just be available at the dinner dance though.

MojoPin
14/11/2007, 5:06 PM
just using the dinner dance as a starting point its only???? 3 weeks away?

ramsfan
14/11/2007, 5:07 PM
brilliant idea about programs etc should come up with a season ticket package

also should run a junior rams club every week a number of junior rams could be profiled in program 4 per program 18 home games = 72 junior rams surely this can be generated could be offered to families when buying season ticket or single person could be offered it with there season ticket for extra tenner

at match they are profiled they could get goodie bag and picture with fav player which could be signed and sent to them by post

creates good will and will get junior rams interested and excited about matches

ramsfan
14/11/2007, 5:09 PM
lads christmas is close people are looking for stocking fillers and presents club need to milk this for all its worth, less talk more proactive work, remember every euro the club generates gives us more of a chance to stay premier:D

rambler14
14/11/2007, 5:10 PM
lads christmas is close people are looking for stocking fillers and presents club need to milk this for all its worth, less talk more proactive work, remember every euro the club generates gives us more of a chance to stay premier:D

Jesus your on fire:D:D

ramsfan
14/11/2007, 5:13 PM
like everyone i have waited so long for this i dont want to see the normal ramblers approach turn up for the bus when the bus left 24 hours ago
i want us to be a club in the top five of the league with people looking at us and admiring us

MojoPin
14/11/2007, 5:14 PM
neccessities

jerseys ready by next week and if there's a new jersey out next season please let us not shoot ourselves in the foot by socking the pre xmas shelves with the old jersey as this would create an enormous amount of ill will towards the club.

hats scarfs gloves etc....

now pushing the boat out but what are the chances of opening maddens for a 1 week period before xmas? the time line would create a mad rush and the time line would also help reduce rent staff and bills etc... selling everything from jerseys to underwear ha

MojoPin
14/11/2007, 5:15 PM
also should run a junior rams club every week a number of junior rams could be profiled in program 4 per program 18 home games = 72 junior rams surely this can be generated could be offered to families when buying season ticket or single person could be offered it with there season ticket for extra tenner

best idea on here in a long while

ramsfan
14/11/2007, 5:23 PM
excellent but i would not like to p&ss off fanatics as they are a handy way for rams to merchandise, should be an online sales on website orders go to club and they package and post gear to buyers

MojoPin
14/11/2007, 5:27 PM
i wouldnt like to **** them off either but city have a shop and so do many other clubs? this shop will sell season tickets signed pictures posters? how about the best one yet???????? visit santa and get a picture with the trophy this would have to be a proper job though an actual visit santa in cobh would rake in the money why not have ramblers make the money?

rambler14
14/11/2007, 5:28 PM
now pushing the boat out but what are the chances of opening maddens for a 1 week period before xmas? the time line would create a mad rush and the time line would also help reduce rent staff and bills etc... selling everything from jerseys to underwear ha

I'd be willing to work in there.

Fanatics will have a new consignment of jerseys in by the weekend. I was down there today and bought the shirt with 1st division champions on it.

ramsfan
14/11/2007, 5:30 PM
totally out there but why not when you build the new stand leave an area clear for comp winners where they sit for a game with a couch drink food etc
like twenty20 cricket in england have to make the most of summer footie:D

MojoPin
14/11/2007, 5:32 PM
great work by fanatics to have a new t shirt with champions on it already.

ramsfan
14/11/2007, 5:36 PM
organise a pre season/summer tournament in tech field for under 18 teams, fianal played in colmans, get a big sponsored prize( set of jerseys sponsored by rams for winners and free coaching sessionswith hendo)fee to cover costs , will generate community spirit and give rams first pick of talent in local area

make it five a side and you could hold 3 games at a time hold whole thing over a weekend, players could be there to kiss babies and shake hands etc
briliant idea arsenal do it every year when i lived in london i saw it it was a great weekend and created buzz aboutclub

The Rebel Ram
14/11/2007, 8:44 PM
Marco,
The credit card season ticket is the way to go. Professional looking. Reserved seating is good too.

To increase the crowds. How about running free buses from Midleton and Cork to get crowds? When the games are on late on Saturdays if a fella can come down early and have a few pints and get a lift bak to Midleton or Cork without worrying about driving it might be a good start to a night out. Purchase match tickets on the bus and get a stamp on the ticket to stop freeloaders getting a free lift.

Is there any discussion on wether the games will be Friday night or Saturday night? I think we should stick to the Saturday night game, what do others think???

If we move to Friday nights would it be worth trying to get our home/away fixtures the opposite of Cork City so at least there will be Prem football in one of the grounds everyweek. Team up with City for advertising the games. Work with each other. (except on derby days:p)

That's the start of my brainwaves............back later with more.........:D

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS............WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS........
Still can't stop singing it.............:D

The Rebel Ram
20/11/2007, 3:38 PM
any uptake on the ideas Marco?

Rambler1
20/11/2007, 5:36 PM
Better PA System should go in as old one outdated and hard to hear. Lots of speakers under the roof of the stands. Get everyone in the mood and it will be more of an entertaining day. Think Damian had one ordered or spec'ed a while back which sounded the bees knees...

rambler14
20/11/2007, 6:09 PM
Better PA System should go in as old one outdated and hard to hear. Lots of speakers under the roof of the stands. Get everyone in the mood and it will be more of an entertaining day. Think Damian had one ordered or spec'ed a while back which sounded the bees knees...

Yeah wonder what happened to it?

luka
20/11/2007, 6:44 PM
Far as I know there's a new one going in.

ramsfan
05/12/2007, 6:33 PM
lads now we are talking about season tickets and there is such a fiasco was wondering if any of the ticket ideas above have been discussed or implemented;)

rambler14
05/12/2007, 6:34 PM
How about a student season ticket:rolleyes: