PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Rumours/Suggestions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52

superfrank
27/01/2010, 2:31 PM
Ger Rowe had a horrible time with us.

He'd work hard sometimes but then he'd have a really bad game too. There was a lot of pressure on him because, apparently, we paid a fee for him. I don't think this helped him and he got an awful lot of stick from Wanderers fans. He was expected to score goals for us and he didn't score that many (maybe four or five, iirc).

I don't know how he got on in Vietnam or at Dundalk but I wouldn't get your hopes up about him.

CarrickFan
27/01/2010, 2:33 PM
Saw DO'B with a kit bag outside train station. Wonder what he's at?

Quayside Rovers?

avvenalaf
27/01/2010, 3:07 PM
Saw DO'B with a kit bag outside train station. Wonder what he's at?

Running away from Humpty.

gustavo
27/01/2010, 10:39 PM
Jamie McKenzie on trial for Galway according to the Galway fans

sligored
27/01/2010, 11:10 PM
turner gone to shams , his other half and child wont move to sligo.
i think we should sign boco again, he made a mistake in the final but he is a quality player - very versatile and top class.
the galway guys , russell and conneely are in negotiations but are both injured at he moment, short term injuries seemingly.
its bad form that we dont have a home friendly , scrap athlone away and play galway or harps in the showgies.
Build some momentum and you never know what might happen

CarrickFan
27/01/2010, 11:26 PM

thought he was decent..maybe a bit young and inexperienced when with us but thought he'd make a player.

Rovers1
28/01/2010, 12:58 AM
One of the Galway fans said on their forum that Connor told them Russell and Connelley are staying with them. Could be Connor's spin again though.

Only1Rovers
28/01/2010, 4:42 AM

Great player, sure he was captain before he left us!

red bellied
28/01/2010, 10:46 AM
Pats interested in Russell as well.

hodgie
28/01/2010, 10:50 AM
If its the case turner is gone, as looks likely, every effort has to be made to bring rommie back. Obviously it'd be ideal to have both both of them in the team but if missing out on turner mades it feasibly to pay boco wats required i say good ridance!

red bellied
28/01/2010, 10:53 AM
Turner still hasnt signed for Shams, Rovers holding out for a fee.

rob mcdonald
28/01/2010, 1:50 PM
Why would you want to bring back Boco when he does'nt want to come back!!! Thank god were seeing sense by paying the going rate for players. How could you justify paying such money to Boco at the present time?

rob mcdonald
28/01/2010, 1:52 PM
Paul Cook was checking out the local talent at the Carbury game on Sunday apparently an ex Rovers player was "class". Anybody hear who?

gufc2000
28/01/2010, 5:13 PM
Good chance Russell will be joining ye, not fully sure about Conneely though. What age is McKenzie?

sligofan4ever
28/01/2010, 5:30 PM
Good chance Russell will be joining ye, not fully sure about Conneely though. What age is McKenzie?

23-24. If he plays for you like he did here, he should be a solid defender for ye.

Boo_Boy
28/01/2010, 5:36 PM
i was there and cook wasnt...

Maybe Cooke was.

Rasputin
28/01/2010, 5:40 PM
Id love to get Mc Kenzie back, geat defender IMO.

Shedzer
28/01/2010, 7:29 PM
Is it fair to say Boco wont be coming back. We seem to be linked with a lot of players with Boco gone it might have freed up some money in the wages budget. I'm supprised we didn't bring in any ex Derry players seeing as there only up the road and did have a lot of quality in all areas last year. Any thoughts?

redobit
29/01/2010, 8:48 AM
derry have some fine players alright. the likes of deery, mcglynn, farren, martyn, molloy all gone to other clubs i think. james mclean would be a good addtion imo. a good young left sided player, we only have one natural left footed played now at the club. scullion looked decent for them last year too

See Joe Kendrick is at that Training camp. Wouldnt mind seeing him back.

red bellied
29/01/2010, 9:01 AM
Paul Whelan ex Monaghan right back is on trial in the Showgrounds, Cork are also interested in him. Andrew McLoughlin ex Rovers playing junior football, his name has been mentioned. Gary Curran has signed for Galway and Liam Burns is talking to Shams.

Only1Rovers
29/01/2010, 9:53 AM

Didn't look that arsed in a Rovers jersey.

Rasputin
29/01/2010, 9:57 AM
Didn't look that arsed in a Rovers jersey.
I thought he pulled his weight for us, could still do a job for us I think.

SRFCbrothelutd
29/01/2010, 10:45 AM
if were going to be linked with junior football, ex rovers players from don o'riordan times im just gona give up
Agreed CF, i hear this Conneely is a serious player!!! Dont know about eyeryone elso on this thread but id luv to see Liam Burms Sign with us. Be very confident of europe then. Need clean sheets this season big time!!!

dong
29/01/2010, 11:35 AM

He shouldn't be let back.
He was heading for trials a few weeks back (it was linked on here if I remember correctly) and he slated the facilities at the showgrounds and was fairly critical of the club in general when there was no need to.

Well Joe, the training facilities may not be up to the standard of your twenty five previous clubs, but sure let us know how you get on in your quest for a bit of first team football mate.

Also, he was poor enough most games last year. Had a couple of solid games but added very little imo.

SRFCbrothelutd
29/01/2010, 12:25 PM
Well Joe, the training facilities may not be up to the standard of your twenty five previous clubs, but sure let us know how you get on in your quest for a bit of first team football.
Preseaon training been held in Strand Celtics fantastic facilities in strandhill. Mighty fine facilities by anyones standards...

Only1Rovers
29/01/2010, 12:37 PM
He shouldn't be let back.
He was heading for trials a few weeks back (it was linked on here if I remember correctly) and he slated the facilities at the showgrounds and was fairly critical of the club in general when there was no need to.

Well Joe, the training facilities may not be up to the standard of your twenty five previous clubs, but sure let us know how you get on in your quest for a bit of first team football mate.

Also, he was poor enough most games last year. Had a couple of solid games but added very little imo.

When did he have a go at the clubs facilities? I don't doubt you just interested when and where he said it and in what context. I don't rate him, it looked like he didn't want to be in Sligo.

dong
29/01/2010, 12:53 PM
When did he have a go at the clubs facilities? I don't doubt you just interested when and where he said it and in what context. I don't rate him, it looked like he didn't want to be in Sligo.

It was a few weeks ago. Somebody had a link to where he said it. Could be earlier in this thread unless I was hallucinating at the time.:D

Rovers1
29/01/2010, 1:39 PM
Wouldn't touch Kendrick again, ****** of the highest degree. Was clueless facing his own goal,and against a ball over his shoulder. Didn't want to be at Rovers at all.

CRFC&SRFC
29/01/2010, 2:39 PM
if were going to be linked with junior football, ex rovers players from don o'riordan times im just gona give up

In fairness there are a few decent players at junior level, no harm trying a couple pre season and wont cost us anything. Re kendrick i would prefer to have ambu there than him, going on what ive seen of kendrick last year and ambu this yr for carbury.

Thats not to say i dont remember how bad we were under the Don

Only1Rovers
29/01/2010, 4:02 PM
The step up from Junior to LoI is pretty big, ala Gino.

Is Sean Purcell still about?

Purcell from Boyle? The guy's got a good job and isn't interested in LOI as far as I know.

sligoman
29/01/2010, 4:11 PM
Sign Sean Kelly for the left back spot!

rob mcdonald
29/01/2010, 4:11 PM
Glen Shannon would do a job if we got him fit

avvenalaf
29/01/2010, 4:41 PM
Wouldn't touch Kendrick again, ****** of the highest degree. Was clueless facing his own goal,and against a ball over his shoulder. Didn't want to be at Rovers at all.

Just for the record, I agree totally. A w anker of the highest order.

sligoman
29/01/2010, 7:52 PM
Former Bray Wanderers defender Derek Foran is close to penning a deal with Sligo Rovers.

The centre-back has been working with the club since they returned to pre-season training last week.

And assistant manager Gerry Carr told Ocean FM that Foran’s addition to the squad would represent good value for money.

He said: “He’s a strong young centre-half who is still learning the game, so we are working with him.
“I think the day of bringing in experienced centre-halves on big money (is over) – they are asking for too much money and it is just not there.”

http://oceanfm.ie/news/2010/01/29/foran-close-to-rovers-deal/

Shiba
30/01/2010, 8:54 AM

Get real....! The only good thing that he brought to the club was the half time entertainment with his wifes dance school.............

Shiba
30/01/2010, 8:59 AM
Glen Shannon would do a job if we got him fit
Sorry Glen!!!!! But Rob your in dream land...

rob mcdonald
30/01/2010, 11:06 AM
Fair point Shiba, had a few pints when i wrote that. Any word on Faz. As for Andrew McLoughlin reckon i wasnt the only 1 having a few pints. Has anyone seen the standard of junior football, to say its poor is being kind.

rovers100%
30/01/2010, 11:08 AM
what about hijacking mckenzie's deal at galway. i reckon he is better than foran and must not be looking at huge wages if in talks with galway.

rob mcdonald
30/01/2010, 11:47 AM
And a good pro exactly the age of player we want and has the hunger. Gives options too

redbuli
02/02/2010, 4:52 PM
anyone have any more news on russell, conneely or Derek O'Brien?.. its gone very quiet in here, must be the new look of foot.ie scaring people away

Mayo Red
02/02/2010, 5:07 PM
I for one definately wouldn't like to see Derek O'Brien back at the club!

sligofan4ever
02/02/2010, 7:40 PM
anyone have any more news on russell, conneely or Derek O'Brien?.. its gone very quiet in here, must be the new look of foot.ie scaring people away

We'd be looking at a fairly good squad if we can Russell and Coneely, while O' Brien might be a good impact sub.

----------------Brush----------------
Coneely--Peers--Keane--Davoren
McCabe--Russell--O'Grady--Doyle
---------Blinkhorn--Amond---------

Our confirmed and possible back up's

Kelly
Foran
Marshall
Meenan
O' Brien
Ryan
Ventre
Cass

Cook is looking for a squad of about 20 players IIRC, thats a potential squad of 19 which dosen't look too bad. The starting line up would be different by opinion but ye get the point.

sligored
02/02/2010, 7:44 PM
I for one definately wouldn't like to see Derek O'Brien back at the club!

you are in luck - he signed for galway today

sligorover
02/02/2010, 8:14 PM
We'd be looking at a fairly good squad if we can Russell and Coneely, while O' Brien might be a good impact sub.

Kelly
Foran
Marshall
Meenan
O' Brien
Ryan
Ventre
Cass

Cook is looking for a squad of about 20 players IIRC, thats a potential squad of 19 which dosen't look too bad. The starting line up would be different by opinion but ye get the point.
You've forgotten Chris Turner ;)

Redzer
02/02/2010, 8:18 PM
Russell out for up to 4 months with injury.

Well Red
02/02/2010, 8:27 PM

Kelly
Foran
Marshall
Meenan
O' Brien
Ryan
Ventre
Cass

Is Kelly signed for sure? you are right it is not a bad starting situation and a lot better than last season.

Boo_Boy
02/02/2010, 8:45 PM
I'm still concerned about where our goals will come from this season(as I am most seasons). If Amond is a bust what will we do?

redbuli
02/02/2010, 8:45 PM
Russell out for up to 4 months with injury.

four months is a long time, dont know if we can afford the wait, whats the injury?
dont see where the central midfielder we need is gonna come from, probably england cause wouldnt be too excited about the out of contract players left in the LOI

Terry
02/02/2010, 11:28 PM
four months is a long time, dont know if we can afford the wait, whats the injury?
dont see where the central midfielder we need is gonna come from, probably england cause wouldnt be too excited about the out of contract players left in the LOI

factured tibia

1st time post
02/02/2010, 11:48 PM
I'm still concerned about where our goals will come from this season(as I am most seasons). If Amond is a bust what will we do?

Dont know think Blinks will be much improved this season with a proper pre-season behind him and will be even better than he was last season. If 1 of them gets injured think Doyle would be a more than useful replacement up there but i suppose i still wouldnt mind having another striker!!