PDA

View Full Version : What was the most important goal?

The Rebel Ram
14/11/2007, 1:28 AM
Which goal was the most important during the season????:confused:

One of Cummin's late winners?
Murray's 'first' of the season?

I'm going for Rielly's penalty against Wexford, 94th minute, saved then in slow, slow motion it finally gets from under his feet and is smashed home. I think that was the point that was most crucial to us.............:D Now that we are champs!

Wat ye think????????????????:confused:

P.S. Am I the only one that is constantly singing Queen since Saturday night??? 'We are the champions my friends..............'

depor
14/11/2007, 2:35 AM
theres so many TBH. but i would have to agree about the wexford equaliser looking back on it. ya few of us were saying the same thing the other day about the importance of it, this team are not beaten until the whistle blows.

luka
14/11/2007, 6:37 AM
They were all important and there is too many 'ifs and buts' to consider, however, if Murray didn't score last week then we'd have no silverware at the club would we. Ok, someone else might have scored but they didn't, but like I say, they were all important but Murray's was critical. Not many people will remember who scored what goal throughout the season, or how many O'Neill scored, but in 20 years time you'll all remember Murray's goal though eh!

rambler14
14/11/2007, 8:06 AM
Cummins winner up in Tolka. It was a game we were expected to slip up in but we didn't and we really piled the pressure on Harps with that result.

Comic Book Guy
14/11/2007, 10:54 AM
P.S. Am I the only one that is constantly singing Queen since Saturday night??? 'We are the champions my friends..............'[/QUOTE]

No you're not, I've been singing it over and over in my head the last few days, normally that would drive me batty but this time it's so different.
The overall feeling about the past few days is a bit like peeing in a dark pair of trousers, you get a nice warm feeling but nobody else notices!!:D:D

Battery Rover
14/11/2007, 11:09 AM
I spoke to someone at the Athlone vs Cobh match back in July when only about 7 travelled up and said an incident in that match could probably win them the league.

It was a point gained for you due to a keeper cheating but I would expect ours to do the same in order to save a certain goal. Shows how valuable it was now.

It is about half way through the footage here (http://www.athlonetowntv.com/07.07.07CobhRamblers.html)

chimpster
14/11/2007, 12:53 PM
I spoke to someone at the Athlone vs Cobh match back in July when only about 7 travelled up and said an incident in that match could probably win them the league.

It was a point gained for you due to a keeper cheating but I would expect ours to do the same in order to save a certain goal. Shows how valuable it was now.

It is about half way through the footage here (http://www.athlonetowntv.com/07.07.07CobhRamblers.html)

Well remembered, you might just be right! It was a shocker by Bilko but it got us a crucial point.

Another hugely signficiant goal was Reilly's first against Dundalk. You could tell that the team was thinking about promotion for probably the first time and even though we were runnin Dundalk ragged we hadn't really come close to scoring. That goal sorted us out, his second (screamer) put them out of the protmotion race and we stayed unbeated from there on...

rambler14
14/11/2007, 3:45 PM
Well remembered, you might just be right! It was a shocker by Bilko but it got us a crucial point.

That was Stephen Deasy.

thegafferman
14/11/2007, 4:32 PM
:Dyep deasy ..... see bilco give a dog a bad name....lol

ramblers
14/11/2007, 8:54 PM
The most important goal was the goal athlone scored the previous week against finn harps without a doubt and then Murrays goal and then all the other goals were very important to. So all in all all the goals were important.

rammie
15/11/2007, 9:16 PM
:D Most Important Goal? ... the one we achieved, WINNING THE LEAGUE:D:D