PDA

View Full Version : Harte called up

danonion
13/11/2007, 4:15 PM
Can't say I disagree with this. He has looked really solid at right back and left back for Sunderland and with Dunne struggling for fitness O'Shea might have to move to central defence

Serb
13/11/2007, 4:36 PM
Not according to FAI.ie:

Trio drafted into Irish squad for Euro 2008 qualifier (http://fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2624)
[...] Sunderland defender Ian Harte was due to link up with the squad as a late call-up but a hip injury put paid to his availability. [...]

bwagner
13/11/2007, 4:39 PM
what the hell is that screech O'Brien's problem .Mr bellding is not impressed

Kingdom
13/11/2007, 4:48 PM
In all fairness of all the injuries he picks up the most unfortunate one for him - a nose injury!

gwhite
13/11/2007, 8:39 PM
I feel for O'Brien, I'm sure he wants to get a game and a good performance in after last year in Cyprus. O'Dea and Bruce have been called up, with Dunne and the 2 O'Briens out I reckon it'll be one of those lads partnering McShane. Unless Givens does a Stan and puts Kevin Doyle in at centre half or something.

SÓC
13/11/2007, 9:10 PM
I feel for O'Brien, I'm sure he wants to get a game and a good performance in after last year in Cyprus. O'Dea and Bruce have been called up, with Dunne and the 2 O'Briens out I reckon it'll be one of those lads partnering McShane. Unless Givens does a Stan and puts Kevin Doyle in at centre half or something.

Well dont forget that Don Givens was the man who dropped Kevin Doyle when he was in the form of his life for a crucial u-21 match against France a few years ago...so I'd put nothing past him tbh!

eirebhoy
13/11/2007, 9:56 PM
I'd say it'll be O'Shea and McShane again.

gwhite
14/11/2007, 10:40 AM
I'm thinking it'll be O'Shea at LB unless Zinedine Kilbane gets a run there. Hopefully Hunt will get a game at LM. We've got injury probelms but so do Wales and I'd be very surprised if we don't win this comfortably.

RogerMilla
14/11/2007, 10:42 AM
wales will pump us, sadly

Dr. Ogba
14/11/2007, 11:05 AM
wales will pump us, sadly

ah come off it, I know we're bad but Wales are brutal! Think I may wander up to my local turf-accountant and put my money on a dour nil-niller...

Serb
14/11/2007, 11:07 AM
I'm thinking it'll be O'Shea at LB unless Zinedine Kilbane gets a run there. Hopefully Hunt will get a game at LM. We've got injury probelms but so do Wales and I'd be very surprised if we don't win this comfortably.

When was the last time we won a competitive away game comfortably? Probably in 2001 (3 managers ago) when we beat Andorra 3-0 or Cyprus 4-0. We're going to really struggle in this one, I'm betting a score draw.

Morbo
14/11/2007, 2:19 PM
True Ireland have a crap competitive away record and while this match might technically be a competitive match, in reality its more of a friendly so I think we will win it seeing as the presures off, plus wales are ****

RogerMilla
14/11/2007, 2:37 PM
ah come off it, I know we're bad but Wales are brutal! Think I may wander up to my local turf-accountant and put my money on a dour nil-niller...

yeah fair enough , with bellamy out that could be the result alright , don givens previous game in charge of us was a 0-0 away from home as well..

Noelys Guitar
14/11/2007, 5:57 PM
0-0 written all over this game. Dire stuff from start to finish.

Sligo Hornet
15/11/2007, 6:42 AM
0-0 written all over this game. Dire stuff from start to finish.

You might be right Noley.....neither team wildly renowned for goalscoring ( except maybe Bellamy, but he's out ) plus it's a dead rubber with most players thinking, or indeed under instruction from their Club managers,to do everything to avoid injury.

It will be a half empty stadium with little or no atmosphere ( I know we'll do our best to raise the volume but it probably won't be sustained ) and both team managers won't be there for much longer, so little or no passion from the dugouts.

.....having just read my own post I am getting depressed and questioning why am i going?:(..........still a few beers, good company, nice stadium,great City...plus after our game we can go back to the pub and cheer on the "Vodka Boys":D