PDA

View Full Version : Players released

Pages : [1] 2

the only 1
13/11/2007, 12:19 PM
any players from the 21s or senior teams being let go lads plus is timmy kiely from kilkenny signing for ye?

L37Ultra
13/11/2007, 3:30 PM
A few of the under-21 players have gone back to thier Junior Clubs. Other than that no Senior player has left yet. I never heard anything about Kiely signing anyways!!

the hoops
14/11/2007, 6:58 AM
is it true tierney+harrington got released last nite?

KevB76
14/11/2007, 7:59 AM

No. :ball: :)

gael353
14/11/2007, 8:24 AM

ha ha double no :rolleyes:

the dazzler
14/11/2007, 9:08 AM
ha ha double no :rolleyes:

harrington told the fairview lads hes signing back with them think he would know before ye lads:p

gaidin
14/11/2007, 9:14 AM
harrington told the fairview lads hes signing back with them think he would know before ye lads:p

He also said he was signing a senior contract.:p

Best thing to do is sit back and see who signs with who. No point guessing on here.

L37Ultra
14/11/2007, 11:10 AM

All players were on a one season contract anyways so how could have anyone got released? Tierney did not sign with Fairview last night. FACT!;)

Lim till i die
14/11/2007, 11:12 AM
harrington told the fairview lads hes signing back with them think he would know before ye lads

Small Time :ball:

L37Ultra
14/11/2007, 11:20 AM

Thought that lad had ambition. Pity he couldnt make the pace

KevB76
14/11/2007, 12:02 PM
I was chatting with one of the players after the Monaghan game, he told me who was signed up for next year, Harrington was one of the names mentioned :ball:

L37Ultra
14/11/2007, 1:11 PM
Ya I was also told of the 7 U-21 players who had signed senior contracts for next season and Tierney and Harrington are amoung those.

gael353
14/11/2007, 9:19 PM

your :p because? hes signed with Limerick on a senior contract and your :p fair play to you

Fairkop
14/11/2007, 11:41 PM

harrington and tierney going no where.

L37Ultra
15/11/2007, 10:30 AM
harrington and tierney going no where.

FACT!!!:p

see's it
15/11/2007, 8:32 PM
FACT!!!:p

heard a little rumour today that his got a trial lined up for two weeks in jan anyone to confirm?

gael353
15/11/2007, 11:47 PM
heard a little rumour today that his got a trial lined up for two weeks in jan anyone to confirm?

with who fairview? doubt it :)

gaidin
16/11/2007, 11:01 AM

Who, harrington or tierney?

L37Ultra
16/11/2007, 11:55 AM

A trial with Fairview? :confused:

see's it
16/11/2007, 6:06 PM
tierney off to england in jan i heard

L37Ultra
16/11/2007, 8:31 PM

Where did you hear this? And who is he going to? One minute hes going to Fairview the next minute he is going to a club in England. A days a long time in football :rolleyes:

Lim till i die
17/11/2007, 12:17 PM

Just out of curiosity if he signed for an English club would Limerick get any money??

I'm guessing no..............

Super Rovers
19/11/2007, 12:04 PM
Just out of curiosity if he signed for an English club would Limerick get any money??

I'm guessing no..............

well they should do with the new laws out for young players. the other team wouldnt buy tierney off ye but ye should get compensation

Lim till i die
19/11/2007, 4:56 PM
well they should do with the new laws out for young players. the other team wouldnt buy tierney off ye but ye should get compensation

I'm thinking his Junior Club prior to signing for Limerick would get the most of it though :confused:

Fairkop
19/11/2007, 6:43 PM
is he going to reading,.....:rolleyes:

Super Rovers
20/11/2007, 8:08 AM
I'm thinking his Junior Club prior to signing for Limerick would get the most of it though :confused:

no they only get a small percentage afaik. ye get most of the money because he is on yere books, but the likes of wembley and knockainey would get a percentage for development.

thats how i think it works anyway

gael353
20/11/2007, 9:09 AM
Well first up i dont think he'll be going anywhere, and he is under contract to Limerick 37 not fairview or any junior team do u understand Dazzler? :rolleyes:

Compensation applies if your out of contract and if Limerick were to receive a massive offer (like overpriced and over hyped like that cork center half who went to reading) then its at limericks discreation to give a percentage over to the junior club which i would imagine they would. He aint going anywhere chaps!

leather
20/11/2007, 9:24 AM
Well first up i dont think he'll be going anywhere, and he is under contract to Limerick 37 not fairview or any junior team do u understand Dazzler? :rolleyes:

Compensation applies if your out of contract and if Limerick were to receive a massive offer (like overpriced and over hyped like that cork center half who went to reading) then its at limericks discreation to give a percentage over to the junior club which i would imagine they would. He aint going anywhere chaps!

the clubs that are responsible for the nuturing and development of any player in this case wembly, have to be compensated... it is not at limk discreation... these rules are from uefa and are to be applied by the FAI..

joeSoap
20/11/2007, 10:22 AM
It's pretty complicated.

Compensation for training and development when a player moves, if aged below 23, is settled by a complex formula. This is based on earlier methods for determining transfer fees applied to transfers within the French and Spanish leagues. Alternative methods would be simply to refer all claims for training compensation to a tribunal or, relate compensation to levels of player salaries or, more ambitiously perhaps, to utilise an economic model. FIFA and UEFA acknowledge that it is not possible for effective training costs to be determined for every single player, not least because training is largely a collective activity.

Formula for accessing compensation due in event of the movement of players below the age of 23 years:
This formula is, to say the least, rather complex and is best digested in small bites.

It distinguishes between 4 categories of club. These 4 levels are based on the 4 divisions in the larger leagues of Europe, such as those of England and Italy.
The top division clubs in these countries will be assigned Category 1 status and so on.
The top division clubs in countries with smaller leagues will designated Category 2 and so on.
At each of these levels the average training cost per player will be calculated partially on the basis of the ratio of the number of trainees to the number of professional players. The resultant figure will be termed the 'player factor'.
If a player moves from a club in a lower category to a club in a higher category, the payment will be the average of the training costs for the 2 categories.
If a player moves down 1 or more categories, payment will be based on the training costs of the lower category club.
For players securing their first contracts and/or players under the age of 23, the compensation level is set by the above formula multiplied by the number of years of training undertaken by a player between the ages of 12 to 21.
If a player transfers from a club in category 3 or 4, then 75% of the amount received in excess of the category costs of the old club will be distributed pro-rata to all the clubs which have participated in the player's training since the age of 12. The same principal applies when a player transfers between clubs in the same category, except that the amount distributed is 10% of the excess.

In Limerick 37's case, it will depend largely on how long Tierney has been trained by the club. His schoolboy club will also be able to qualify for compensation ,providing it can prove that he was reared by that club.

clownboy
20/11/2007, 10:27 AM
the clubs that are responsible for the nuturing and development of any player in this case wembly, have to be compensated... it is not at limk discreation... these rules are from uefa and are to be applied by the FAI..

And dont forget Knockainey ;)they should get the most if it did happen afaik he is a country lad and only played with the for a couple of seasons so not much development there:D well not as much as his previous club anyway

L37Ultra
20/11/2007, 9:48 PM

Oh so then in that case Wembley should pay compensation for all the players they take from Schoolboy teams. So in Tierneys case the compensation should be going to Knockaniey as they nutured and developed Tierney. :p;) This is a pointless conversation anyways because he will be with Limerick next season, not Fairview, Reading, Wembley or Barcelona :D

Lim till i die
20/11/2007, 9:54 PM
This is a pointless conversation anyways because he will be with Limerick next season, not Fairview, Reading, Wembley or Barcelona :D

A fella told me he was signing for Pike

L37Ultra
20/11/2007, 9:58 PM
A fella told me he was signing for Pike

A fellow told me the other night in Supermacs he was going to Carew Park!! Heard hes getting a free pair of socks off them aswell and travel expenses from Bruff payed and all :D

the hoops
21/11/2007, 1:05 AM
crap talk about tierney hes not good enough to make it in england like super kelleher when he was going to reading and then on to us rovers
then off back to lim37and now playing junior football with fairview what a waste:confused:

jebus
21/11/2007, 8:04 AM
like super kelleher when he was going to reading and then on to us rovers
then off back to lim37and now playing junior football with fairview what a waste:confused:

Tell me about it. the guy has bags as talent as I'm sure Rovers fans saw during the clubs brief stay in the First Division, and Robbie's even briefer stay at your club. Hopefully he'll be back in LoI before too long, even if it's not with L37, as he's wasted in the Juniorball leagues

joeSoap
21/11/2007, 9:57 AM
Tell me about it. the guy has bags as talent as I'm sure Rovers fans saw during the clubs brief stay in the First Division, and Robbie's even briefer stay at your club. Hopefully he'll be back in LoI before too long, even if it's not with L37, as he's wasted in the Juniorball leagues

Jebus, The Hoops is actually a Pikey, as in Pike Rovers Hoops...not a Shamrock Rovers fan. Try not to encourage them on here...;)

jebus
21/11/2007, 10:31 AM
Jebus, The Hoops is actually a Pikey, as in Pike Rovers Hoops...not a Shamrock Rovers fan. Try not to encourage them on here...;)

My point is still valid! ;)

the hoops
21/11/2007, 4:47 PM

doubtfull im a dub living in the big city:p

4tothefloor
21/11/2007, 6:25 PM
Robbie Kelleher would not have made it in England ffs :rolleyes: You'd wonder what some people do be watching when they're at games.....

KevB76
21/11/2007, 9:30 PM
doubtfull im a dub living in the big city:p

;) Of course, thats why you only ever post in the Limerick forum's, in particular Limerick Junior threads :confused:

the hoops
21/11/2007, 10:11 PM
;) Of course, thats why you only ever post in the Limerick forum's, in particular Limerick Junior threads :confused:

ur point being? i watch some of yere games but watch the local football aswell not much difference to be honest tierney is the only player who might make a mark with rovers from ye

KevB76
22/11/2007, 12:24 PM
ur point being? i watch some of yere games but watch the local football aswell not much difference to be honest tierney is the only player who might make a mark with rovers from ye

My point being you tried to pass yourself off as a Shamrock Rovers supporter :confused: Did I really have to explain that, did you just forget the last 5 or 6 posts ? :)

L37Ultra
22/11/2007, 1:42 PM
My point being you tried to pass yourself off as a Shamrock Rovers supporter :confused:

In all fairness now, who in their right mind would want to do that? :D

the hoops
22/11/2007, 4:51 PM
In all fairness now, who in their right mind would want to do that? :D

and what division are ye in with no ground+money? did we not sign 3players from ye last year why would they leave to join us:):)

KevB76
22/11/2007, 5:01 PM
did we not sign 3players from ye last year why would they leave to join us:):)

which "we/us", Pike or Shamrock Rovers :confused:

gael353
22/11/2007, 6:40 PM
and what division are ye in with no ground+money? did we not sign 3players from ye last year why would they leave to join us:):)

Talking tru ur arse mate look ill try and get a avatar with macro stainless on it for you ok so you can finally find out who you are cos i think your a bit confused. Sad man as for your field would i get a tractor and rotivator in at the far side in your opinion would i?

the dazzler
22/11/2007, 9:59 PM
which "we/us", Pike or Shamrock Rovers :confused:

no its shams ok its john fogarty hes an out and out dub alrite:o

the hoops
22/11/2007, 10:00 PM
no its shams ok its john fogarty hes an out and out dub alrite:o

oh dear ye know me now enjoy the 1st division for many a year:p

jebus
22/11/2007, 10:21 PM
oh dear ye know me now enjoy the 1st division for many a year:p

People with no homes shouldn't throw stones

L37Ultra
22/11/2007, 10:36 PM
and what division are ye in with no ground+money? did we not sign 3players from ye last year why would they leave to join us

No home? Why wheres Jackman Park gone the last few weeks? :rolleyes: A Rovers fans slagging someone about not having a home!! How ironic!! ;)
And where are those three players now? Playing with Limerick, so whats your point? :p