PDA

View Full Version : Guthrie

Risteard
12/11/2007, 10:26 PM
The first big hurdle will probably be finding a replacement.
I hear Rico made Ramblers well aware that this was a one-season only deal and it looks to me like he could be a leading contender for the spot next to Murray.
It'd be a great sign if ye managed to swing his signature.:mad:

rambler14
12/11/2007, 10:33 PM
If theres trouble finding a transfer fee I will gladly organise a collection.

The Rebel Ram
12/11/2007, 10:39 PM
The first big hurdle will probably be finding a replacement.
I hear Rico made Ramblers well aware that this was a one-season only deal and it looks to me like he could be a leading contender for the spot next to Murray.
It'd be a great sign if ye managed to swing his signature.:mad:

He is a free agent in Dec, he'll be staying!!!!!!:)

rambler14
12/11/2007, 10:41 PM
He is a free agent in Dec, he'll be staying!!!!!!:)

Thats true we won't have to pay a penny all we have to do is offer him a contract.

micls
13/11/2007, 1:03 PM
Thats true we won't have to pay a penny all we have to do is offer him a contract.

True but can ye offer him professional terms? Hard for a young lad to turn down full time football even if he wants to stay.

Would love to get him back up as cover. Still think we need another quality centre back though

rambler14
13/11/2007, 3:16 PM
As far as I know Gutsie has a job in Cork. I always see him on the train coming home to Cobh.
He's been living down here all season with Dub so hes commited to the Ramblers cause thats clear. He also has a large circle of friends here and Hes guaranteed 1st team football so i'd honestly be surprised if he went back to City.

luka
13/11/2007, 3:20 PM
Money talks lads.

6yardpunisha
13/11/2007, 3:22 PM
As far as I know Gutsie has a job in Cork. I always see him on the train coming home to Cobh.
He's been living down here all season with Dub so hes commited to the Ramblers cause thats clear. He also has a large circle of friends here and Hes guaranteed 1st team football so i'd honestly be surprised if he went back to City.

i agree with you totally, he is a good lad and seems to have settled here but club do have to look after him

Pablo
13/11/2007, 3:25 PM
As he's under 23 we'll require a fee ;)

I reckon he'll come back to us anyway.

ramblersnb1
13/11/2007, 5:06 PM
he was living with hendo for the last few months so i presume if he is offered a contract that he will sign

rambler14
13/11/2007, 5:41 PM
he was living with hendo for the last few months so i presume if he is offered a contract that he will sign

He was living downtown over the Credit Union with Conor Meade.

6yardpunisha
13/11/2007, 5:51 PM
He was living downtown over the Credit Union with Conor Meade.

does it really matter where the young fella lives, next you will be discussing where he buys his clothes

rambler14
13/11/2007, 5:53 PM
does it really matter where the young fella lives, next you will be discussing where he buys his clothes

Michael Guineys:D:D:D

ramblersnb1
13/11/2007, 5:54 PM
i was mentioning it because i thought it was relevant that the club was supporting him and sorry rambler14 im right conor meade moved home he had no where to go so hendo let him move in

rambler14
13/11/2007, 5:55 PM
i was mentioning it because i thought it was relevant that the club was supporting him and sorry rambler14 im right conor meade moved home he had no where to go so hendo let him move in

OK boy take it easy.

depor
13/11/2007, 6:08 PM
True but can ye offer him professional terms? Hard for a young lad to turn down full time football even if he wants to stay.

Would love to get him back up as cover. Still think we need another quality centre back though

its all good going pro, but look what happened the 2 young fellas lordan is it???
city gave him a fulltime contract and he gave up his apprenticeship and hes only played once.

rambler14
13/11/2007, 6:11 PM
its all good going pro, but look what happened the 2 young fellas lordan is it???
city gave him a fulltime contract and he gave up his apprenticeship and hes only played once.

Cathal or Cillian? Cillian gets his game whereas Cathal came back from Ipswich Town and was fecked out to Waterford.

micls
13/11/2007, 6:28 PM

Cathal getting paid his full time wages and playing for Waterford.

depor
13/11/2007, 6:30 PM
i dont know if it even is the lordans as i remember a young fella that was on the echo signing a full-time contract and months later i asked a city fan where he was as i never see his name on the team sheets on the paper and he said that he never plays.

these young players the ramblers have are good and if they decide to stay theres still plenty of time for their higher ambitions, no good rams supporter would ever begrudge any of the players for moving on to better things as roy keane did or the 2 stevens for that matter. a year or two with us battling in the premier can only do them good. the big LOI clubs and the english clubs will still be there, and if they are interested now, they'll be interested then. i also think this team is exactly that, a team. there is no 1 or few individuals that are more important than any1 else, the strenght in this team is the teamspirit, they work very well together, they have gelled really well.

The Rebel Ram
13/11/2007, 7:16 PM
As he's under 23 we'll require a fee ;)

I reckon he'll come back to us anyway.

He will be 23 in Deceber so I don't think there will be any fee. He has been living with Hendo for a bit now. He doesn't have anyother job at present, no doubt with Premier Division status and the sponsorship we will attract he will get a nice package to stay. Can't see him leaving a club being player of the year to go sit on the bench next season for City!
He obviously isn't too money mad since he doesn't have anyother job but is thinking of his future instead! I think he would prefer to get slightly less money and be the star player every week rather than be sitting on the bench.

Well I hope anyway:D

micls
13/11/2007, 7:17 PM
He will be 23 in Deceber so I don't think there will be any fee.

Him being u23 means there will be a fee.

depor
13/11/2007, 10:20 PM
Him being u23 means there will be a fee.

thats correct.

don ramo
13/11/2007, 10:42 PM
under the new FAI scheme, the club could put him through coledge while he plays, we will have to have 3 or 4 full time players, i think anyway, to compete in the prem, so why not make gutsie full time and put him thorugh coledge, so that when his playin days are over he has something to fall back on, well unless he just keeps gettin beter and better and leaves the league to go abroad, which is possible,