PDA

View Full Version : Wexford Youths support

KevB76
12/11/2007, 8:23 PM
I noticed the Youths have had higher average attendances than the likes of ourselves, Athlone and Cobh, and that got me wondering where the support has come from.
Did any of you follow eircom league football before this? How many of you would have been into junior football, GAA, premiership etc... ?
And would many of you, having followed it for a year, put the Youths as your no.1 football interest ?
Do you envisage your support growing next season or was there a novelty factor this year ?

Lim till i die
12/11/2007, 8:30 PM
I noticed the Youths have had higher average attendances than the likes of ourselves, Athlone and Cobh, and that got me wondering where the support has come from.

Huge novelty factor in fairness

There wasn't a fifth of the people at our second game against them as there was at our first

I reckon there average attendance over the second half of the season would be a little lower than ours

Still have biggers crowds then half the teams in the division though which, in fairness, when second bottom, is decent going :ball:

Youths4Ever
12/11/2007, 8:41 PM
There was a huge novelty factor at the start of the season. The attendances did fall in the second half of the season have to agree with that.
Good away support for the last game in Shels as well. If we can manage a good start to next season should be able keep attendances up.

There has been a large following for the Youths under 18 team in recent years due to their success and several of those involved with the Supporters Club been involved with underage soccer in Wexford for several years and doing us proud at all levels.

kopite
14/11/2007, 8:11 PM
agree with most everything above.never bothered with loi football until this season.watched a few waterford utd games[if you want to call that football]have to say,eircom league is a credit to the fans i've encountered this season,yep even the Lim lads.was at jackman for the cup game,as good[maybe i should say better,cause there was no noise in some grounds] an atmosphere as any of the grounds i was at.ambition for me this year was to attend all home games,that changed to getting to evey away ground at least once,which changed to going to nearly all the away games in the latter half of the season.i think the fan base will stay in or around the same-average around 400,maybe a few more depending on the opposition,as with any team,if you're winning you'd nearly want all-ticket games.

KevB76
15/11/2007, 1:19 PM
ambition for me this year was to attend all home games,that changed to getting to evey away ground at least once,which changed to going to nearly all the away games in the latter half of the season.

...me too, sucks you in doesn't it :D :)

Lim till i die
15/11/2007, 1:21 PM
...me too, sucks you in doesn't it :D :)

Amateurs :p

Magicme
15/11/2007, 1:22 PM
dam right you get sucked in and then its almost impossible to get out. I felt guilty for not going to our last away game to Cobh but have been all over the country so often was just tired out!

sadloserkid
20/11/2007, 2:28 PM
To be honest at least once a year I wish I could never go to a game again. Next week rolls around and I'm there again...:rolleyes: It's an addiction I tells you! :D