PDA

View Full Version : Players moving on...

BrayUnknowns
12/11/2007, 9:28 AM
Right, season is over and there were quite a few players who just didn't preform for us this season... Who do you think will not be with us next season ?

For me, and it's not that i have anything against any of the lads (because i don't, sure i don't even know them !) but i reckon the likes of Goughy, Derek Tyrell, and here's the big shock, i reckon after such a poor season i reckon Franco could go...

Hulsey
12/11/2007, 9:58 AM
With Gough I can understand where your coming from, but Tyrell never got a look in and anytime I saw him he looked decent.

superfrank
12/11/2007, 10:29 AM
Gougher has to go. He's been appaling this season. I can think of so many times where he missed an interception or played a poor pass and the other team had a chance and sometimes scored. I know nobody's perfect but he makes too many mistakes.

While I don't want to see Franco leave, I think he will as him and Eddie clearly don't get along which is a shame really because I think Franco, on his day, is our best striker.

I imagine Daz will probably retire now. Considering how long it took him to get over his injury, he might be wondering if it's really worth it and at 36 who can blame him. He's also got the appearances record now.

I think Foxy may be on his way too. He's simply not up to it anymore. He tries his heart out but physically I don't think he can keep up much longer.

Bray Head
12/11/2007, 11:06 AM
Derek Tyrell was injured for most of the season. He looked a decent prospect and is still young. With Tresson & Kenny now in their thirties I'd be surprised if Tyrell was let go. We badly need a decent striker. Just think of the amount of games we had loads of chances and did'nt score. Franco struggled with an injury from the start but did manage some goals when he came into the team.

sligoman
12/11/2007, 11:36 AM
Cawley to us maybe?;)

superfrank
12/11/2007, 12:49 PM
Cawley to us maybe?;)
He seemed to enjoy scoring against his hometown club a bit too much.

sligoman
12/11/2007, 12:55 PM
He seemed to enjoy scoring against his hometown club a bit too much.Yeah but he also enjoyed the banter with us when over our side and also in the pub after, he complimented deecay on his header during the game:D. Also said he'd love to sign for us, but then, he'd probably say that anyway.

btw, afaik he receives treatment at the Showgrounds from our physio during the week. Bray have set up some deal with us that we treat him during the week.

BrayUnknowns
12/11/2007, 1:17 PM
Yeah but he also enjoyed the banter with us when over our side and also in the pub after, he complimented deecay on his header during the game:D. Also said he'd love to sign for us, but then, he'd probably say that anyway.

btw, afaik he receives treatment at the Showgrounds from our physio during the week. Bray have set up some deal with us that we treat him during the week.

He lives and works in Dublin thou, why would he travel to Sligo for treatment ?

On Tyrrell, he started the season but was dropped, then got injuried and played a lot of U21 games and looked average. Maybe he is worth another chance...

A lot of very good player are on free transfer so i just hope Eddie goes out and brings in better players than what we have. no point in bringing in average squad players...

centre mid
12/11/2007, 2:17 PM
I'd be suprised if Franco did go - Gormely thinks highly of him, even if they dont "get along"

jonboy
12/11/2007, 5:12 PM
I'd be suprised if Franco did go - Gormely thinks highly of him, even if they dont "get along"

its a strange one, he scored some important goals for us but was never given a good run in the team ( want even in the squad last 2 games) i think for his own sake he will go and i think kavanagh and cawley will move to one of the "top 4" teams after such a good season

superfrank
12/11/2007, 6:18 PM
Cawley's been at top teams and struggled. He's been at bad teams and struggled. Imo, he owes it to Bray for getting his career back on track.

I could see Kav leaving. He's been outstanding lately and he's bound to attract attention.

DmanDmythDledge
12/11/2007, 6:24 PM
Cawley's been at top teams and struggled.
In fairness the only top team he was with was Shels in '04 and he was always going to find it extremely difficlut to break into that team.

BrayUnknowns
13/11/2007, 9:23 AM
As far as i know, all the players that Eddie sees in his plans were already signed to contract extensions already, and thast goes for the likes of cawley and Kavanagh. Hopefully it's true.

I know he's getting on a bit now but i'd love to see Myler at the club, with the way he plays he would most certianly score goals for us. O'Connor from St Pats would also be a great signing.

IMO were only about 3 or 4 good quality players away from being a very good side.

Hulsey
13/11/2007, 9:58 AM
Cawley to us maybe?;)

Well he did seem very happy to see a certain bohs manager you know well when we played them in Dalymount. And you are their feeder club...........

On a serious note Cawleys ours hands off! :D

superfrank
13/11/2007, 10:05 AM
In fairness the only top team he was with was Shels in '04 and he was always going to find it extremely difficlut to break into that team.
Hey, he still had his chance.

dublinwanderer
14/11/2007, 4:27 PM
i say foxy will defo retire at this stage. great servant to the club. hope we get someone to replace him!!!!!

BrayUnknowns
14/11/2007, 8:09 PM
Has Cawley signed a new contract with Bray?

Yep, as have all of our others young players ! you want him then pay up :D

Cabinteelygull
15/11/2007, 5:18 PM
Hope ta god we can keep hold of McCabe, Kavanagh and Cawley. Key players if we are to get anywhere next season!

I heard Fox was retiring but don't know if this is confirmed, sad to see him go a warrior he was but i guess his time is up!!

Any word on new signings? What would yous say is needed most for next season?? Most longford players will be jumping ship id say....

superfrank
15/11/2007, 5:20 PM
Any word on new signings? What would yous say is needed most for next season?? Most longford players will be jumping ship id say....
Imo, we need another strong midfield who can tackle, like Duggan, a striker in the mould of Foxy but in better physical shape and at least one full back.

Cabinteelygull
15/11/2007, 5:24 PM
who would fit that mould? would mooney from logford be out of our grasp??

on strikers i also hope franco stays. Emeka has potential but dont rate him as a first teamer at the moment.

superfrank
15/11/2007, 5:28 PM
who would fit that mould? would mooney from logford be out of our grasp??
I'd say Mooney is way out of our leagues. Even if he wants to stay part-time, he'd probably go back to Rovers. More than likely it seems he's off to England or one of the full time teams here.

Someone like Conor Sammon would be the type of player I'd like to see up front.

on strikers i also hope franco stays. Emeka has potential but dont rate him as a first teamer at the moment.
As much as I'd like to see Franco stay, a partnership of Franco and Dunphy (our 2 best strikers) is too lightweight.

AFAIK, Emeika is only turning 18 in a few weeks, still a long time for him to learn.

mightyseagull
15/11/2007, 6:14 PM
keddy from drogheda set to sign next week.

reliable source cant say who tho

TheBoss
15/11/2007, 11:04 PM
A little off topic here, but did Gavin Doyle move from Bray to Wexford Youths during the season, I do not know whether it is a different G Doyle or the same one.

Thanks

BrayUnknowns
16/11/2007, 8:44 AM
A little off topic here, but did Gavin Doyle move from Bray to Wexford Youths during the season, I do not know whether it is a different G Doyle or the same one.

Thanks

Yeah it's the same Gavin Doyle alright, he didn't really sign for Wexford from us though.... He was due to sign for us at the start of the season but we found out as he was signing that he had played for 3 clubs, had to wait until the window opened back up and then sign him but for what ever reason he signed for Wexford when it opened up. Well that's what i've heard...

Keddy ? hmm, not sure about that - have never liked him since the time he was at Bohs and he absolutely smashed open Stephen Gifford's head, he fcuking meant it to ! lead with his elbow, horrible horrible challange. The only good thing about him is his experience, would be brilliant for the younger lads to learn from. Actually wouldn't be a bad signing at all thinking about it

BrayUnknowns
16/11/2007, 8:47 AM
I'd say Mooney is way out of our leagues. Even if he wants to stay part-time, he'd probably go back to Rovers. More than likely it seems he's off to England or one of the full time teams here.

Someone like Conor Sammon would be the type of player I'd like to see up front.

As much as I'd like to see Franco stay, a partnership of Franco and Dunphy (our 2 best strikers) is too lightweight.

AFAIK, Emeika is only turning 18 in a few weeks, still a long time for him to learn.

Sammon would be super alright but he's heading over to the UK from stories ive heard, that or one of the full time clubs here.

Dunphy is a small lad but is far from lightweight ! not once have i seen him been pushed off the ball the way Franco does. He sticks the boot in and gives doesn't give defenders a minute

KR's Post
16/11/2007, 8:56 PM
Would Robbie Doyle be worth another punt at it? Did he get on with Gormley?

A young right back has just retuned from Forest. Corrie Tracey. Quite handy. Dunno what story is!

thedoyler
16/11/2007, 11:20 PM
I think robbie's work rate would be a great addition and he's a physical striker that a dunphy or franco could play off. I also reckon eddie could get him on the straight and narrow if anyone

KR's Post
17/11/2007, 8:08 AM
Would Robbie sign though. Seems his talents are being wasted at Dundalk.

thedoyler
17/11/2007, 8:40 AM
I think he would i know for a fact that he's looking for any way back into the premier, plus AFAIK his contract with dundalk is up now after goin out in the play off?

KR's Post
17/11/2007, 8:42 AM
Dunno though. Would Eddie go for him! Not sure if he would. What was the reason for Robbie leaving the last time?

superfrank
17/11/2007, 10:35 AM
A young right back has just retuned from Forest. Corrie Tracey. Quite handy. Dunno what story is!
He's pretty handy alright. He's been a few games for us at Ballywaltrim in midfield. I think he could be joining us, AFAIK.

KR's Post
17/11/2007, 10:40 AM
He's pretty handy alright. He's been a few games for us at Ballywaltrim in midfield. I think he could be joining us, AFAIK.

Explain! You play for Ballywaltrim and he has played Midfield?

superfrank
17/11/2007, 10:42 AM
Explain! You play for Ballywaltrim and he has played Midfield?
Yes and yes.

KR's Post
17/11/2007, 10:57 AM
Yes and yes.

Thsi season!! Surely illegal...

superfrank
17/11/2007, 10:59 AM
Thsi season!! Surely illegal...
AFAIK, he was playing under someone else's name. Like someone who was already registered but not playing. Not too sure of the facts though.

KR's Post
17/11/2007, 11:08 AM
AFAIK, he was playing under someone else's name. Like someone who was already registered but not playing. Not too sure of the facts though.

Should be careful. It''ll harm his rep aand the club could get screwed!

Seagull
17/11/2007, 1:05 PM
Dunno though. Would Eddie go for him! Not sure if he would. What was the reason for Robbie leaving the last time?

Doyle is nothing but trouble, red card last night, look at the list of clubs who've had him and let him go. He had two chances with Bray and blew it, good riddance.

KR's Post
17/11/2007, 1:21 PM
Think he didn't get a fair deal at Bray. Remember a game in Inchicore he played outta his skin while Zayed was **** yet he got taken off. He won a pen to and Eamonn took it from him!

sligoman
17/11/2007, 5:51 PM
If he plays normally like he did last night then ye should stay well away from Doyle. Lazy player.

Seagull
17/11/2007, 6:40 PM
Think he didn't get a fair deal at Bray. Remember a game in Inchicore he played outta his skin while Zayed was **** yet he got taken off. He won a pen to and Eamonn took it from him!

Wasn't Doyle kicked out by Gormley just after he took over, that drinking on the bus incident?

BrayUnknowns
18/11/2007, 11:02 AM
If he plays normally like he did last night then ye should stay well away from Doyle. Lazy player.

I take it that's the 1st time you have ever seen him play ? Far from lazy... he actually probably does to much running for his own good. I know when he was with us he covered every single blade of grass on the carlisle several times over per match, pretty much the same with any team i've seen him play for.

BrayUnknowns
18/11/2007, 11:12 AM
Doyle is nothing but trouble, red card last night, look at the list of clubs who've had him and let him go. He had two chances with Bray and blew it, good riddance.

2 yellow cards and by reading the reports they were very harsh. 1st time he was with us Bray fcuked it up, well actually Devo ****ed it up. Dolye was only a young lad and thought he would be smart by leaving him sweat on a new contract, but UCD came straight in and offered him a deal. We lost a very good young player because of one man trying to be smart.

2nd time he was with us was just a total disaster from all concerened. The club was a shambles, the management staff were a shambles and the team was a shambles, 3 managers in one season, and Doyle was played totally out of position on the right wing, himself, James and Roche (i think?)unfairly treated and made an example of.

He's a local lad who still supports the club, ive seen him down at a good few of our games this season with that CPO bloke watching the games. I think we could do a lot worse than giving him a proper shot at it this time, but play him in his correct position ! might score some then. It's not if the league is aflush with good strikers

Seagull
18/11/2007, 1:05 PM
It's not if the league is aflush with good strikers
If Doyle is the best we can aim for then God help us! How many did he score for Dundalk this season (Division One, remember)?

superfrank
18/11/2007, 1:17 PM
6 in the league.

While I agree that he has talent, there was only one game where I thought he was really outstanding last year when we had him and that was against UCD in the 1-1. Imo, he never performed well enough. Yes he was out of position a lot but even when he was up front I thought he struggled. Him and Eamo....that was the laziest partnership I ever saw. Robbie only did the running then cause there was no chance Eamo was doing it.

If Eddie sacked him, I doubt he'll be brought back.

Martinho II
18/11/2007, 9:00 PM
Right, season is over and there were quite a few players who just didn't preform for us this season... Who do you think will not be with us next season ?

For me, and it's not that i have anything against any of the lads (because i don't, sure i don't even know them !) but i reckon the likes of Goughy, Derek Tyrell, and here's the big shock, i reckon after such a poor season i reckon Franco could go...

not surprised gough left he was not much addition to us when he played for us..