PDA

View Full Version : Dowling moves to new paper!

KR's Post
12/11/2007, 8:57 AM
Hey,
Anybody hear that Tucker(Paul Dowling) has moved to a new newspaper. He has left the Bray people after years of bringing us quality reports on Bray Wanderers and Wicklow League and also other soccer storys from local players across channel. The difference can be seen all ready with last weeks report in the paper. No build up to the sligo game(possibly biggest of season) the report of the drogs match was from a lad who works for a paper up there. For anybody who wants to know, Paul will now be writing for the WICKLOW NEWS a new paper that is being published end 0f November. The 27th i think. To me that was the only reason i bought the People(His work). Don't think i'll be buying it again. My new paper is the Wicklow news for defo. As far as i know it's gonna be a 96 pge colour paper which will include Pauls work on Bray and more.

What ya's tink lads?

superfrank
12/11/2007, 10:19 AM
Best of luck to him.

Stevo Da Gull
12/11/2007, 11:07 PM
I reckon I'll be buying the Wicklow News anyway :ball:

lowflyingseagul
13/11/2007, 10:40 AM
bring back mark brophy

KR's Post
13/11/2007, 1:42 PM
bring back mark brophy

No. The lad who does the reports on east coast on a sunday night! Never!!!!!!!!

lowflyingseagul
13/11/2007, 2:50 PM
he used to do it before paul nicked his job. mr wicklow football

KR's Post
14/11/2007, 10:46 AM
Wouln't go accusing there. Don't know what you're saying...

Few facts about situation.

1. Mark was let go in 1995, paul didn't nick his job as you put it.
2.Mark was a general sports reporter on sunday and monday.
3. Paul Dowling was soccer correspondant
4. Mark never covered Bray away games. Paul Dowling Did.
5.Mark never covered Reserve/u21 away games. Paul Dowling did.
6.Mark never covered Wicklow League soccer outside of the Peoples Park, Paul Dowling to my knowledge has been to every venue in Wicklow Soccer.
7.Mark never covered WDSL(schoolboys). To my knowledge Paul Dowling has been to every venue also in the WDSL.
8. Mark never covered Leinster senior League for our local teams. Paul Dowling did.
9. Mark never covered local players Plying thier trade in England/Across channel. Paul Dowling did.

This is not a go at Mark Brophy, nor a pop. Just some facts for lowflyingseagull before you talk s*it you should check the background!

lowflyingseagul
14/11/2007, 2:42 PM
mark brophy is god

Seagull
14/11/2007, 3:19 PM
The match report and article in the paper today are very good- Brendan Furlong.

BrayUnknowns
14/11/2007, 4:04 PM
Wouln't go accusing there. Don't know what you're saying...

Few facts about situation.

1. Mark was let go in 1995, paul didn't nick his job as you put it.
2.Mark was a general sports reporter on sunday and monday.
3. Paul Dowling was soccer correspondant
4. Mark never covered Bray away games. Paul Dowling Did.
5.Mark never covered Reserve/u21 away games. Paul Dowling did.
6.Mark never covered Wicklow League soccer outside of the Peoples Park, Paul Dowling to my knowledge has been to every venue in Wicklow Soccer.
7.Mark never covered WDSL(schoolboys). To my knowledge Paul Dowling has been to every venue also in the WDSL.
8. Mark never covered Leinster senior League for our local teams. Paul Dowling did.
9. Mark never covered local players Plying thier trade in England/Across channel. Paul Dowling did.

This is not a go at Mark Brophy, nor a pop. Just some facts for lowflyingseagull before you talk s*it you should check the background!

Any chance your Paul Dowling ?

KR's Post
14/11/2007, 4:07 PM
Any chance your Paul Dowling ?

Way off. Just know what story was! Lowflyingseagull made an accusation that wasn't true and i'm just clarifying the facts!

Me Paul Dowling? No!

KR's Post
14/11/2007, 4:09 PM
The match report and article in the paper today are very good- Brendan Furlong.

Ya mad. It was an awful piece of writing. Kept refering to Bray wanderers went up the field etc. Dunno this Brendan Furlong but it truly was an awful piece. Didn't interview Eddie, no reaction. Terrible stuff!

dublinwanderer
14/11/2007, 4:25 PM
tarz you getting bac involved next year????

sad to see tucker leave bray people but hopefully he'll still be around at the matches reporting for a better paper!

Seagull
14/11/2007, 8:12 PM
Ya mad. It was an awful piece of writing. Kept refering to Bray wanderers went up the field etc. Dunno this Brendan Furlong but it truly was an awful piece. Didn't interview Eddie, no reaction. Terrible stuff!

Hi! I'm Barry Tarzan1 Scott! Buy the new Wicklow News! Tucker's in it! Reports on Glenview every week! All the rest is crap!!! I'm off now to get one! :D

(Oh and btw, not once does he say 'Bray Wanderers went up the field' in today's paper).

KR's Post
15/11/2007, 7:50 AM
Hi! I'm Barry Tarzan1 Scott! Buy the new Wicklow News! Tucker's in it! Reports on Glenview every week! All the rest is crap!!! I'm off now to get one! :D

(Oh and btw, not once does he say 'Bray Wanderers went up the field' in today's paper).

Fair enough, bet i made ya scroll through it. Siad the fans were chanting Bray Wanderers when it's clearly "The Wanderers" they chant. Go do some scrolling again and see how many times he mentions the name Bray wanderers instead of Wanderers or Seagulls or the Home Side which should've been in place. Glenview? Why mention Glenview? What's the story there!

KR's Post
15/11/2007, 7:52 AM
tarz you getting bac involved next year????

sad to see tucker leave bray people but hopefully he'll still be around at the matches reporting for a better paper!

Na. Done me time as prisoners say! Really did feel like that down there! Sometimes it really was a downer!

BrayUnknowns
15/11/2007, 9:16 AM
Na. Done me time as prisoners say! Really did feel like that down there! Sometimes it really was a downer!

I know you followed the lads all over the country supporting them but i just can't understand how you can stop going to home games, especially seeing as you were one of Bray's most loyal fans.... doesn't make sense to me :confused:

To go from being one of our best supporters to not going to any games at all makes no sense, did something happen ?

superfrank
15/11/2007, 9:24 AM
I know you followed the lads all over the country supporting them but i just can't understand how you can stop going to home games, especially seeing as you were one of Bray's most loyal fans.... doesn't make sense to me :confused:

To go from being one of our best supporters to not going to any games at all makes no sense, did something happen ?
You can fall in and out of lve with a girl....why not a football team?

passinginterest
15/11/2007, 1:13 PM

I think he used to write for the Wexford People. Was never a big fan of his style. His match reports on Wexford League games would often be reproduced in the junior football section of the Star or the Herald.

KR's Post
15/11/2007, 1:20 PM
Not really. Following Bray had it's ups and downs. Was enjoyable but for 11 years i followed them through First division, through Premier Division, in europe, Cup finals etc. I just got ****ed off with the way things were going. No Jerseys for ages! Same old **** ground. Support for the lads who went was second to none byt at times in Cup matches there were Bandwagon supporters who just came cos we were playing lets say Bohs. Dublin City Game in whitehall for a great example. 2000 at the game. 1500 were from Bray but if that game was mid season, playing for 3 points to go top of league it wouldn't have got 100 in total never mind from bray. And i think the uncle retiring had a major impact on me leaving it all behind. I know alot of ya's and i admire ya's for continuing the loyal support but after spending so much money on the club supporting the club i just felt it wasn't going anywhere! Now i think things have improved and fair play but i'm not going jumping on any Bandwagon like most of Bray does! ;)

Seagull
15/11/2007, 4:30 PM
Fair enough, bet i made ya scroll through it. Siad the fans were chanting Bray Wanderers when it's clearly "The Wanderers" they chant. Go do some scrolling again and see how many times he mentions the name Bray wanderers instead of Wanderers or Seagulls or the Home Side which should've been in place. Glenview? Why mention Glenview? What's the story there!

Jeez that's very picky. The report was on a par if not better than anything Tucker's written. Maybe it's cos it was written by somebody not familiar with the club- I think he liked us! And the team line-up diodn't include 'Stephen Fox 6'! I'm no fan of the Bray people and would generally buy it for the soccer so I reckon I'll be having a look at the new paper. My mate says the schoolboy reporting is brutal since Tucker left.
You know Glenview, don't ya? :D

KR's Post
16/11/2007, 8:38 PM
Jeez that's very picky. The report was on a par if not better than anything Tucker's written. Maybe it's cos it was written by somebody not familiar with the club- I think he liked us! And the team line-up diodn't include 'Stephen Fox 6'! I'm no fan of the Bray people and would generally buy it for the soccer so I reckon I'll be having a look at the new paper. My mate says the schoolboy reporting is brutal since Tucker left.
You know Glenview, don't ya? :D

Just feel it wasn't a great report. Ye the bloody Wdl and wdsl is gone ****! Who are you. Obviously ya know i play for Glenview.....:D

KR's Post
19/11/2007, 2:41 PM
Pat Devlin is going to be a columnist for the Wicklow News! He manages ireland b for the last time tomorrow night against the scots. Could be interesting read every week.