PDA

View Full Version : Rumours

Pages : [1] 2

pineapple stu
11/11/2007, 4:26 PM
Tempting... Would be a perfect signing.

DmanDmythDledge
11/11/2007, 4:39 PM
Agreed. We badly need someone to cover for Byrne when he gets injured. Also we would be the best team looking to sign him.

DmanDmythDledge
12/11/2007, 11:57 AM
Darragh Ryan is also alledgedly available. I would love if we sign him for cover for Podge.

Maybe get this thread changed to be about potential signings?

CollegeTillIDie
12/11/2007, 4:36 PM
Andy Myler is a must .
Three reasons 1) He has always said to me that he wants to play for UCD again before he hangs up his boots, therefore he is amenable to the suggestion.
2) UCD need a striker who can make double figures in League goals every season. We don't currently have one.
3) Tony McDonnell and Andy have been pals since schoolboy football at St. Kevins. He should make the approach :D

DmanDmythDledge
12/11/2007, 5:19 PM
Gorgescu at Bray could be leaving them- doesn't get along well with Gormley. We should snap him up if he is.

Bald Student
12/11/2007, 6:03 PM
Andy Myler is a must .
Three reasons 1) He has always said to me that he wants to play for UCD again before he hangs up his boots, therefore he is amenable to the suggestion.
2) UCD need a striker who can make double figures in League goals every season. We don't currently have one.
3) Tony McDonnell and Andy have been pals since schoolboy football at St. Kevins. He should make the approach :D
4. He's a Focking Ledge!

Poor Student
12/11/2007, 6:06 PM
We can probably add Anto Murphy onto the "soon to be free Judas I'd like to see back" list. I wouldn't mind seeing Philly Hughes back either, not sure if others will agree.

Why have Rovers released Myler? It'd be great to see some experience up front and I don't mean in a Paul Whitmarsh kind of way.

DmanDmythDledge
12/11/2007, 6:22 PM
Anto Murphy is probably going to Rovers. Don't need him anyway as we have Conan and Fitz.

I wouldn't mind Hughes either but he'd probably end up being another Paul Murphy. It would be worth the risk though if we could get him on loan, without paying too much of his wages.

Bald Student
12/11/2007, 6:22 PM
How's Whitmarsh's knee coming along?

Poor Student
12/11/2007, 7:15 PM
I wouldn't mind Hughes either but he'd probably end up being another Paul Murphy. It would be worth the risk though if we could get him on loan, without paying too much of his wages.

Stories suggest he's being released/fired. I was thinking of Anto Murphy for right back, he played right wing back for Pat's.

pineapple stu
12/11/2007, 10:08 PM
Why have Rovers released Myler?
(a) He's 32 or so and (b) they're going to be strengthening the squad a fair bit as they have first call on all the decent part-time players now Drogs and Pat's are actively ignoring them.

Batman wouldn't be a great signing. Attitude problems in general. Happened with us, happened with lots of other clubs.

Schumi
15/11/2007, 11:06 AM
According to "certain reports" McFaul and Bermingham are going to ScĂșnthorpe and Leeds respectively. http://www.setantasports.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2007/11/14/Eircom-LOI-UCD-stars-set-for-big-moves/?facets/sport-space/great-britain-locale/

I don't know where these "certain reports" are, there doesn't seem to be anything on the net about it.

Dodge
15/11/2007, 11:09 AM
You can type Scunthorpe now...

Schumi
15/11/2007, 11:35 AM
You can type Scunthorpe now...

Excellent, didn't know that.

DmanDmythDledge
15/11/2007, 5:29 PM
I was thinking of Anto Murphy for right back, he played right wing back for Pat's.
I'd prefer Sully- he'll be available and willing to come to us.

John83
15/11/2007, 5:36 PM
I'd prefer Sully- he'll be available and willing to come to us.
Not a bad idea. Good versatile player; possibly a long term replacement for Alan Mahon too.

CollegeTillIDie
15/11/2007, 7:34 PM
Yes but wasn't Sully supposed to be rejoining us last close season before he did a 180 and headed to Longford?

superfrank
15/11/2007, 7:43 PM
Gorgescu at Bray could be leaving them- doesn't get along well with Gormley. We should snap him up if he is.
Franco's a tidy little player. If he gets a run he will get plenty of goals. He's our best striker imo but him and Eddie aren't getting along and there's only one winner there.

It's not certain if he will leave but I don't think any Bray fan would be surprised if he did.

I think, if he leaves, he could be going to a full time team. He is full time as it is and I know he had a trial at Drogs in 2006 and there were rumours that Bohs were interested in him too.

CollegeTillIDie
15/11/2007, 7:45 PM
Buna Szia Andrei :D Cei Mai Faci?

SUBTITLES FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DON'T SPEAK ROMANIAN
( Hello Andrei , how are you doing?)

pineapple stu
16/11/2007, 3:24 AM
Timmy to Cobh? As arranged by Daz Ryan?

Rumour doing the rounds in the Montrose tonight.

Also, James O'Sullivan, Michael Kelly, David Last and a couple of others asked to get a mention. Hello!!!

CollegeTillIDie
16/11/2007, 8:37 AM
The Under 21's impressed me by their ability to overcome a seemingly average performance to grind out results in the Quarter-final win over Shamrock Rovers and in parts of the Semi-final win over Galway United. Paul Somers deserves congratulations for the way he has moulded them into the team they are and also for not losing the rag that often with them when the make bobos. I think we have a few potential first teamers in the bunch of players outside the obvious one's who HAVE first team experience. Some of this squad came up from the Fresher's squad of last year too. Billy and Stan to name two.

DmanDmythDledge
21/11/2007, 1:38 PM
McFaul on trial at an English club at the moment, probably Scunthorpe as they were mentioned in the Setanta article.

pineapple stu
21/11/2007, 5:43 PM
Batman, Neil Gallagher and Robbie Doyle released by Dundalk. James Keddy and Gavin Whelan released by Drogheda.

CollegeTillIDie
21/11/2007, 9:40 PM
Neil Gallagher would be a good signing for Monaghan United. Batman is gone to Shels and Robbie Doyle, hmmmmm. James Keddy might hang up his boots at this stage he's been 16 years in the League at this point and has had several bad injuries during that time. Which leaves Gavin Whelan who lives in Drogheda ......

DRDoc
23/11/2007, 2:42 AM
gavin whelan lives in lusk - not drogheda

Magicme
23/11/2007, 8:38 AM
Gallagher would prob only be on the bench for us though as we have found a gem of a keeper in Danny Woods, if we can hold onto him. Hopefully Darren McQuaid will be back from his operation and fit by the start of the season so can do the sub duties. If he is we wont really be needing another goalie.

CollegeTillIDie
23/11/2007, 6:35 PM
gavin whelan lives in lusk - not drogheda

Well he used to live in Drogheda then but that could still colour which club he joins now.
Gallagher did well when he was in the first team at UCD in 2004. He started the first eighteen games but lost out to Darren Quigley for the rest of his career at Belfield. He was on loan to Dundalk for much of the 2005 season and signed permanently subsequently.
He's from Dundalk and could go to the Irish League if he doesn't go to Monaghan United .....

pineapple stu
28/11/2007, 5:12 PM
Bray have signed Gavin Whelan. Quite a retirement home building up out there!

superfrank
29/11/2007, 12:44 PM
Any official word on Stephen Hurley to us?

pineapple stu
29/11/2007, 12:47 PM
Presume he's going to sign. We've plenty of cover there anyways, and from what I heard, his attitude wasn't the mae west, which is why we agreed to let him go in the first place. Unless that's changed, I can't see him coming back.

pineapple stu
30/11/2007, 6:28 PM
Newguy's been released by Monaghan.

CollegeTillIDie
01/12/2007, 9:40 AM
resign newguy now.... :D

pineapple stu
01/12/2007, 4:09 PM
James Keddy has signed for Shels.

CollegeTillIDie
01/12/2007, 5:06 PM
James Keddy has signed for Shels.

definitely winding down his career if he's leaving a full time club to go part-time in the First Division. This will be his seventeenth season of LOI football. He made his debut for Home Farm way back in 1991.

Poor Student
15/12/2007, 12:21 PM
There'll be no Andy Myler at UCD anyway. http://www.braywanderers.ie/index.php?id=600&backPID=551&tt_news=270

Trevor Molloy anyone?;)

DmanDmythDledge
15/12/2007, 8:07 PM
Matt Gregg rumoured to have signed for Bray.
http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=839508&postcount=10

Adds up seeing as Marty said we were after Shay Kelly. Very good chance of Gregg getting first team football.

pineapple stu
15/12/2007, 8:39 PM
Colin was mentioning something about Gregg not being with us as well.

How many former UCD players is that at Bray now? Clive, Cawley, Kavanagh, Myler, Gregg?

DmanDmythDledge
17/12/2007, 11:39 AM
With Shay Kelly seemingly going to stay at Longford it will be interesting to see who we bring in as cover for Quigley. Steve Williams seems to be the only keeper available in the Premier Division. He's on the PFAI list (http://www.pfai.ie/index.php?mod=one&id=16380&PHPSESSID=80c111d28147bee52254a306280e45d9).

pineapple stu
17/12/2007, 4:03 PM
Stephen Cashin was with us before; assume we wouldn't be taking him back?

Ditto James Hussey, let go by Shels. Think he was only on loan there?

Billy Brennan'll probably sit on the bench if all comes to all. Other positions I'd be worrying about getting filled before sub keeper, to be honest.

DmanDmythDledge
17/12/2007, 4:18 PM
Ditto James Hussey, let go by Shels. Think he was only on loan there?

Billy Brennan'll probably sit on the bench if all comes to all. Other positions I'd be worrying about getting filled before sub keeper, to be honest.
Hussey signed for Bray after us, then signed for Shels before the season had begun. Shels fans seemed to do think that he did well enough. Doubt he'll come back to us as he left to get first team football.

Brennan isn't up to it.

What will we do if Quigley gets injured/leaves in July? We need a safe pair of hands on the bench if needs be.

pineapple stu
17/12/2007, 5:15 PM
Interest in Quigley seems to have waned for some reason (not complaining mind!), so it looks like he's stuck with us for another season anyway unless full time football comes knocking.

Always have to wait and see what new lads come in as well, don't forget.

superfrank
18/12/2007, 3:04 PM
Any of yez heard anything concrete on Hurley's switch to GAA?

DmanDmythDledge
20/12/2007, 9:28 PM
Rumour on the Pats forum that Ian Bermingham could be signing for them.

CollegeTillIDie
21/12/2007, 7:15 AM
Bermingham is another one of those Patrick Kavanagh contracted players right? i.e. we won't see a cent if he moves.

CollegeTillIDie
21/12/2007, 7:20 AM
Where did Andy Myler go to in the end?

DmanDmythDledge
21/12/2007, 9:50 AM
Bermingham is another one of those Patrick Kavanagh contracted players right? i.e. we won't see a cent if he moves.
Correct, he's an amateur.

Where did Andy Myler go to in the end?
Bray.

CollegeTillIDie
21/12/2007, 10:09 PM
Now that Andy Myler is in Bray is there any point in this thread any more?

pineapple stu
22/12/2007, 1:06 AM
Yes. :confused:

CollegeTillIDie
22/12/2007, 11:28 AM
Ok so we've had at least four departures so far... Crowley, Gregg, Tony Mc and probably Bermo so far ...possibly McFaul to follow. Any sign of us getting ANY experienced replacements?

Poor Student
22/12/2007, 12:42 PM
Ok so we've had at least four departures so far... Crowley, Gregg, Tony Mc and probably Bermo so far ...possibly McFaul to follow. Any sign of us getting ANY experienced replacements?

We might get one or two but I don't think there'll be more than that. Even at this early stage a lot of available players are being snapped up.