PDA

View Full Version : Bring it on

Pages : [1] 2 3

The Man Himself
11/11/2007, 11:27 AM
harps or dundalk havent a hope in the play offs.
waterford are a class above any of them and play the 2nd leg at the rsc.

come on you blues.

jebus
11/11/2007, 11:30 AM
Harps will win, I'm going stick money on it too

steno
11/11/2007, 11:39 AM
Yep agree with jebus sorry The Man Himself but from what I've seen of Finn Harps, Dundalk and Waterford, Finn Harps to edge it.

Sonic
11/11/2007, 12:15 PM
Waterford havent a hope in hell! Thats why its a tradgedy we didnt get there we may actually put up a fight! I hope harps do do it as well they have had too many play off heartaches!!

Mental Man
11/11/2007, 12:39 PM
If you saw what i saw up in Buckley Park last night,utter tripe, i have no doubts the Blues will win the playoffs .
To be honest, i do feel sorry for Longford and what happened, with the fightback they made in the last few games they deserve to be in the playoffs or just stay up, hard luck lads , keep the faith.

The Man Himself
11/11/2007, 1:24 PM
Harps will win, I'm going stick money on it too

you might as well flush it down the toilet :D

gilberto_eire
11/11/2007, 2:16 PM
id love to see a Dundalk Vs Waterford final.... with Waterford winning when it really matters...that would just finish the whole pre-season stuff off perfectly:D

Da Real Rover
11/11/2007, 5:17 PM
My money is on Harps, would love to see them up and if not then Dundalk.

Mental Man
11/11/2007, 6:41 PM

Guess who's still upset after been knocked out of the cup by part-timers this year ?:D

Ceirtlis
11/11/2007, 6:56 PM
I expected Waterford to be beaten out the gate last year by Dundalk but it took a late goal to beat them. There in a much better state this year, i expect them to win but having to wait for the semi final of the play off to be played could go against them. I wouldnt mind seeing odds on them staying up.

cheifo
11/11/2007, 7:05 PM

I could aways tell you had a bit of class about you Da Real Rover:D.Now can we borrow Seamus Coleman for our next few games?

cheifo
11/11/2007, 7:34 PM
Will Waterford have their usual pitiful attendance for the play offs?

dortie
11/11/2007, 8:08 PM
Hope Dundalk get back up, great history and potential fan base. Always enjoyed my trips down there.

HarpsinDublin
11/11/2007, 8:14 PM
If you saw what i saw up in Buckley Park last night,utter tripe, i have no doubts the Blues will win the playoffs .
To be honest, i do feel sorry for Longford and what happened, with the fightback they made in the last few games they deserve to be in the playoffs or just stay up, hard luck lads , keep the faith.

Dont mind what you saw last night. Harps took the foot off the pedal after going 3 goals up in the first thirty minutes. If and it is a big if we beat Dundalk we will give you a good game.

DmanDmythDledge
11/11/2007, 8:19 PM
Would like to see Harps go up as they've earned it this season but a trip to Dundalk would be a lot handier.

pineapple stu
11/11/2007, 8:22 PM
Saturday trip to Donegal's much better than a thursday trip to Dundalk.

Can't believe people are betting on Harps to win a play off!

DmanDmythDledge
11/11/2007, 8:23 PM
Saturday trip to Donegal's much better than a thursday trip to Dundalk.
They switched to Friday at the start of the season.

Mr_T
12/11/2007, 12:25 PM
Dont mind what you saw last night. Harps took the foot off the pedal after going 3 goals up in the first thirty minutes. If and it is a big if we beat Dundalk we will give you a good game.

Exactly, the game in Buckley was meaningless after about 10 minutes. The only thing that mattered from then was the result from Athlone, which of course affected the quality of the game.

I abandoned watchin the game after 30 mins to concentrate on singing and checking my phone for texts every 10 seconds. Didn't actually know Kilkenny had scored till after the game!! :confused:

dcfcsteve
12/11/2007, 2:49 PM
Hope the Harps get passed Dundalk and Waterford.

Anyone know if the play-off final games will be live on TV ?

Are Setanta showing the City v Cobh play-off ?

DmanDmythDledge
12/11/2007, 4:52 PM
Anyone know if the play-off final games will be live on TV ?

Are Setanta showing the City v Cobh play-off ?
No, some sort of GAA on I think.

Sam_Heggy
12/11/2007, 4:54 PM
paddypowers odds:

Waterford Utd 4 - 5
Finn Harps 13 - 8
Dundalk 9 - 2

sligored
12/11/2007, 6:30 PM
come on the harps - good fan base and colourful supporters

fbtn
13/11/2007, 12:00 AM
Dundalk will be very tough on Friday night. Should be a very close game. IF we get past them then I'd be confident of beating Waterford. Longford or UCD would have had me worried though.

fbtn
13/11/2007, 12:05 AM
Hope Dundalk get back up, great history and potential fan base. Always enjoyed my trips down there.

So have St James' Gate.

History will mean nothing come Friday night.

Burny89
13/11/2007, 1:27 AM
I would like to se Harps get promoted.

However i'd also find it hilarious if they lost the playoff in the last minute :)

dcfc_legend9
13/11/2007, 8:48 AM
I aint going to lie i despise the harps but i would rather see them come up so we can have our 9 points next season guaranteed, also i am taking into consideration that i will no longer be living in kildare and it will be back to the 45 minute journey from derry which would be handy.

The thing that worries me and it sure as hell aint Waterford is the fact that Dundalk took there foot off the pedal when they realised they where not going to win the league therefore taking it easy and i would presume resting a few players so that they can have them fit for the harps game now coming up.

Whoever wins this game i hope will beat Waterford.....Wouldnt begrudge Dundalk or harps there place in the premier.

bholg
13/11/2007, 9:22 AM
not so,

dundalk has been plagued with injuries for the second half of the season, players not playing the last few games have not done so cos they were injured. It is hard to see us coming through these play-offs. two fairly big suspension losses in williams and vaughan(he's been scoring a good few of late) for the harps game - I think we have been trying to build some momentum in the last couple of matches but it's hard to see it..

Gill just might pull it out of the hat... we can only hope..

Might bring a camera and wear an RTE cap to finn park, it seemed to work for athlone! ;)

Jofspring
13/11/2007, 9:29 AM
think harps will beat dundalk and waterford. will feel bad for dundalk though if they lose to harps, another season that looked like definate promotion only to be stuck in the first division again.

Magicme
13/11/2007, 9:50 AM
Why would you feel sorry for them? On paper they had a great squad and they threw away the chance to secure promotion for themselves.

If they get promoted they deserve it, if they dont they dont deserve sympathy. Would feel more sorry for Harps as they at least put up a fight for promotion in the latter part of the season and it was just one bad result against Athlone that prevented them from winning the league. Now thats heartbreak.

dortie
13/11/2007, 7:10 PM
So have St James' Gate.

History will mean nothing come Friday night.

I never travelled to St James Gate, many a good night in Dundalk though. Especially the last time they won the cup and unfortunately got relegated the same year.

Harps will bottle it as usual.

mickdlk
14/11/2007, 2:54 AM
I never travelled to St James Gate, many a good night in Dundalk though. Especially the last time they won the cup and unfortunately got relegated the same year.

Harps will bottle it as usual.

That was some night alright, hopefully use can come back down to help us celebrate promotion.

See that we only got 600tickets, a joke for a play off tickets should be split 50/50

The Rebel Ram
14/11/2007, 3:18 AM
That was some night alright, hopefully use can come back down to help us celebrate promotion.

See that we only got 600tickets, a joke for a play off tickets should be split 50/50

Agreed, a one leg playoff, you should have a much higher quota than that.

I feel Harps will win though, Dundalk have been off the boil lately, not helped by injuries and suspensions.
If Harps do go through to meet Waterford it will be hard to seperate the two over the two legs. I recon Waterford will pull it off though, Harps will bottle it.(again)
Harps are the better footballing side but need to not let history repeat again,
Would prefer Waterford to stay up only for travel reason, and I feel we would get more points from Waterford than we would from Harps!!!:)

Mr A
14/11/2007, 8:07 AM

Do you reckon Dundalk would have given us more tickets had ye managed to come second?

Anyway, if Dundalk sell the 600 then they can request more.

Sonic
14/11/2007, 9:40 AM
think harps will beat dundalk and waterford. will feel bad for dundalk though if they lose to harps, another season that looked like definate promotion only to be stuck in the first division again.

True harps dont deserve aother play off heartbreak tho too many of them. Go on Harps!!

bigmac
14/11/2007, 10:08 AM
Can't believe everyone is writing off the Blues so easily. 1 loss in the last 9 games in the Premier, and that to UCD, when they could easily have taken a point on the night.
This is a different team to last year's meaningless playoff - remember, Waterford only got 12 points in the league compared to 30 this year.
Still, underdog status suits us downt o the ground.

As for Finn Harps fans giving out about Waterford crowds :rolleyes: Bandwagon supporters this year have given Harps higher crowds than the Blues for the first time since summer soccer. link (http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn/2000/aveire.htm)

Sam_Heggy
14/11/2007, 12:39 PM
Can't believe everyone is writing off the Blues so easily. 1 loss in the last 9 games in the Premier, and that to UCD, when they could easily have taken a point on the night.
This is a different team to last year's meaningless playoff - remember, Waterford only got 12 points in the league compared to 30 this year.
Still, underdog status suits us downt o the ground.

As for Finn Harps fans giving out about Waterford crowds :rolleyes: Bandwagon supporters this year have given Harps higher crowds than the Blues for the first time since summer soccer. link (http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn/2000/aveire.htm)

We are playing 1st Division football, what crowds were ye getting in the 1st Div?

Sam_Heggy
14/11/2007, 12:51 PM
Agreed, a one leg playoff, you should have a much higher quota than that.

Why? We would have got around the same if the shoe was on the other foot. And who said Dundalk will see the full 600?

I recon Waterford will pull it off though, Harps will bottle it.(again)

Yeah 28 points out our last 30 was really bottling it :rolleyes:
Ye were 18 points ahead of us around the mid-way point of the season, it ended up just 1. But hey lets just call that bottling it.

As for the Dundalk game, I think Dundalk are still a good side, it will be a tough game but I do think we will beat them, i'd say by a one goal margin.

Waterford is hard to predict, I am relieved its them as Longford are a much better team. They should be massive favourites, they are a prem team for the past few seasons and us/Dundalk have been in the graveyard. Massive game all round though. Both Dundalk and ourselves would be good additions to the prem imo and the next week and a half should be interesting.

bigmac
14/11/2007, 1:37 PM
We are playing 1st Division football, what crowds were ye getting in the 1st Div?

can't remember - it's been a while. :D In general though, challenging teams at the top of the first get higher crowds than struggling teams at the bottom of the Premier - it's a bandwagon effect - every club is prone to it. The only thing that keeps the crowds up for teams at the bottom of the Premier is more away fans. And yes, I include the Blues in that. I could virtually guarantee you that if the Blues lose the playoffs and manage to be at the top of the First next year, the crowds will be bigger.

Sam_Heggy
14/11/2007, 3:43 PM
can't remember - it's been a while. :D In general though, challenging teams at the top of the first get higher crowds than struggling teams at the bottom of the Premier - it's a bandwagon effect - every club is prone to it. The only thing that keeps the crowds up for teams at the bottom of the Premier is more away fans. And yes, I include the Blues in that. I could virtually guarantee you that if the Blues lose the playoffs and manage to be at the top of the First next year, the crowds will be bigger.

Ok then lets wait and see :cool:

CollegeTillIDie
15/11/2007, 8:09 AM
No, some sort of GAA on I think.

Typical Irish TV channels. There's no GAA of any significance on and they show it anyway instead of football games that matter!:mad:

cheifo
15/11/2007, 10:58 AM
What in undergoodness Gaa fixtures take place this time of year?

Sam_Heggy
15/11/2007, 11:27 AM
What in undergoodness Gaa fixtures take place this time of year?

Club championships.

ramsfan
15/11/2007, 4:52 PM
any truth in the rumour all fai staff have been given a week off and all lights and doors are off in headquarters incase dundalk lose and petrol stations in dublin area have been put on red alert to stop anybody wearin a dundalk shirt

Mental Man
15/11/2007, 6:33 PM

When we in the 1st division and Jimmy McGeough was managing us we were getting on average 2-3000 attendances, the stand was always full and the seating that was around the ground was always easily occupied,particulalry behind both goals.
Please dont try and contradict because i was thers to see it, and in the r un in to the end of the seaosn when we were just about to get promoted there were up and over 3000 there.

mcgonigle
15/11/2007, 6:33 PM
any truth in the rumour all fai staff have been given a week off and all lights and doors are off in headquarters incase dundalk lose and petrol stations in dublin area have been put on red alert to stop anybody wearin a dundalk shirt

Im embarrassed for you after that one :o

onephillyhughes
15/11/2007, 9:04 PM
Ah don't, poor chap sat up all week thinking of that one :D

mickdlk
15/11/2007, 11:07 PM
All the talk is about waterford and harps.

Use all all forgetting 1 thing

DUNDALK FC

cheifo
15/11/2007, 11:15 PM
All the talk is about waterford and harps.

Use all all forgetting 1 thing

DUNDALK FC

Very true mickdlk.I can tell you most Harps fans are taking nothing for granted.Dundalk looked a superb outfit first half of season.Could be a nervy night for both sets of supporters.

bholg
16/11/2007, 2:58 PM
game tonight on dundalkfm ive been informed, some comedy with your football..

eamoss
16/11/2007, 5:10 PM
TBH I cant see Dundalk winning tonight even though I really hope somehow we do. Just read this and you can see why I cant see us winning tonight

Dundalk Team News: Dundalk’s promotion hopes have been dealt a severe blow just 48 hours before this game, with the news on Wednesday evening that John Gill has been forced to draft in four under-21 players for the side’s trip north. This move comes as a result of yet more crippling injury news, with David Crawley (ribs), Robbie Doyle (head) and captain Aidan Lynch (calf) now all expected to miss out through injury. This trio is added to the already long absentee list, which contains suspended duo, Shaun Williams and Trevor Vaughan, and injured quartet, Vinny Perth, Philly Hughes, Ben Whelehan and Kevin McArdle, leaving Gill with just 12 fit outfield players for the club’s biggest game of the year.