PDA

View Full Version : Big Clive to leave West Ham

Xlex
16/05/2003, 3:17 PM
West Ham have announced that they are releasing 10 senior players, including Paolo Di Canio, Lee Bowyer and Nigel Winterburn. But the Irons have made an offer to Les Ferdinand - one of four players whose contracts had expired. The 10 players being released are Di Canio, Bowyer, Gary Breen, Eduoard Cisse - who has been on loan for a year - Clive Delaney, Izzie Iriekpen, Scott Minto, John Moncur, Raimond van der Gouw and Nigel Winterburn. But the Hammers want to keep Ferdinand, who scored two goals in 14 games after signing from Tottenham in January, and three other players - Scottish Under-21 midfielder David Noble, Eire youth international midfielder Daryl McMahon and England Under-21 keeper Steve Bywater.

UCD_4_Life
16/05/2003, 3:23 PM
They didn't even mention him on Sky. They just mentioned the seven famous-ish ones but I knew Clive would have been given his marching orders.

Hopefully he'll come back to U.C.D. and finish his course now as we really need him.

Macy
16/05/2003, 3:29 PM
Doubt it - now he's made the break I'd say he'll go where the money is.... That's assuming he doesn't get any offers from England...

Pauro 76
16/05/2003, 3:39 PM
Did Clive Delaney even make the bench at West Ham? i dont recall him making his debut...

Schumi
16/05/2003, 3:42 PM
Originally posted by PAURO 7
Did Clive Delaney even make the bench at West Ham? i dont recall him making his debut... No but he played well for the reserves apparently.

pineapple stu
17/05/2003, 7:04 PM
The club brought him along to a couple of games, and there was an article on the West Ham website expressing surprise that he'd been left out of the first-team squad. Apparently he'd nearly sealed a new deal, but then the club did a U-turn seemingly and released him. Should have no problem finding a new club, though - Bolton and Kilmarnock wanted him before he went to West Ham.