PDA

View Full Version : Duncannon FC/Forth Celtic

KR's Post
09/11/2007, 2:44 PM
Hey guys,
Just looking for some local info on these 2 teams. Who should beat who and are they fairly handy sides? Playing them soon in Fai Junior cup 4th rond. Any info?

Pitches nice?
Location?
Player to watch?
Colours worn?

passinginterest
09/11/2007, 2:51 PM
I've been away from Wexford for a long time now so I'm probably not the best source of advice. Duncannon I would describe as 'back end of nowhere', never liked the place (losing to them in an under 14 cup semi final replay out there probably the main reason). They seem to be doing very well in recent years and I know they have a guy called 'Carlos' playing for them, who played with Sligo in the Eircom league and had trials with Wexford Youths, he's on the Oscar Traynor team too.

Forth are a bit closer to Wexford town, another rural club, haven't a clue what facilities are like these days. Again they seem to be doing pretty well and have at least one player on the Oscar Traynor side this year. One thing both sides will guarantee is a big physical presence.

KR's Post
09/11/2007, 2:59 PM
I've been away from Wexford for a long time now so I'm probably not the best source of advice. Duncannon I would describe as 'back end of nowhere', never liked the place (losing to them in an under 14 cup semi final replay out there probably the main reason). They seem to be doing very well in recent years and I know they have a guy called 'Carlos' playing for them, who played with Sligo in the Eircom league and had trials with Wexford Youths, he's on the Oscar Traynor team too.

Forth are a bit closer to Wexford town, another rural club, haven't a clue what facilities are like these days. Again they seem to be doing pretty well and have at least one player on the Oscar Traynor side this year. One thing both sides will guarantee is a big physical presence.

Appreciate that. We've bin on fire this season. Scored 12 goals in competition so far against 3 Kilkenny sides. Mind you won 6-1 in junior cup last week and 10-1 in local cup week before. Will be away for this one but will pass info on. Thanks;)

Thunder-WYFC
09/11/2007, 9:07 PM
Duncannon should win this one,their currently 2nd in the premier division,not sure if they have any dressing rooms cause I've never played out there.Forth Celtic have a back of a truck but will probarly make the away side change on the sideline as they done to us on a number of occasions.

ForzaForth
10/11/2007, 1:07 PM
Was in Duncannon recently and their pitch is fine with their own dressingrooms. Forth's pitch is not good and I think they are trying to develop their own pitch in the area.

KR's Post
15/11/2007, 3:00 PM
If by chance you find out the result of this match can you post it here please. Thanks!

ForzaWexford
15/11/2007, 5:50 PM
It's on this Sunday. Tom Elmes (played a few games for the Youths) is suspended for Duncannon and Forth Celtic are at home so they might edge it.

Two fairly average sides, typical of the junior soccer around here!

KR's Post
17/11/2007, 9:23 AM
Ye and the winners play us next week! Although i'm away in Glasgow for it! Heard Duncannonn are 2nd in Premier!

Thunder-WYFC
18/11/2007, 6:06 PM
Forth won 1-0

KR's Post
21/11/2007, 9:18 AM
Forth won 1-0

Thanks