PDA

View Full Version : FAI Cup Final Officials

Dugout
09/11/2007, 7:51 AM
Referee - Dave McKeon (Dub)
Assistants - Fran Cunningham (Dub) & Paul Deering (Sligo)
4th Official - Pat Whelan (Dub)

I think everyone should wish the lads a good game.

sligored
09/11/2007, 8:19 AM
i would not put paul deering in charge of an under 6 game. i wonder how he will ruin a game as a linesman

OneRedArmy
09/11/2007, 8:35 AM
I think everyone should wish the lads a good game.I wish McKeon would find something else to occupy his weekends, like shark baiting or playing with traffic...

Clueless individual.

Réiteoir
09/11/2007, 9:12 AM
I wish McKeon would find something else to occupy his weekends, like shark baiting or playing with traffic...

Clueless individual.

Question is - will you let him accompany you on these ventures?

But then again the fashionable thing up in your neck of the woods is letting stewards dole out severe beatings to random opposition fans...

:rolleyes:

(Rico must be not happy at the prospect of a Dublin official - RRS anyone?)

Flexy
09/11/2007, 9:17 AM
[quote=Réiteoir;810615]Question is - will you let him accompany you on these ventures?

But then again the fashionable thing up in your neck of the woods is letting stewards dole out severe beatings to random opposition fans...

Only to Bohs and Rovers schooligans

OneRedArmy
09/11/2007, 9:42 AM
Question is - will you let him accompany you on these ventures?

Highly relevant post there, congrats.

McKeon is an incompetent referee, even amongst a peer group that aspires to mediocrity.

Also, care to elaborate on the rest of your potentially slanderous post?

Sonic
09/11/2007, 9:54 AM
it wouldnt matter a damn what official you picked they are all atrocious.

d rovers
09/11/2007, 9:56 AM
Paul Deering is usually 4th official in the Showgrounds, & he is a clueless muppet. i'll be interested to see how he goes about messing up the cup final.

Réiteoir
09/11/2007, 9:58 AM
Well - I was witness to the sight of one of your so called "stewards" (actually he was more of a muppet in a jacket) offering some of us out for a fight after the League Cup Final and also spitting at the same section of fans (who were the ordinary colour wearing contingent) - who in the end actually had to be moved by his own colleagues in the end because his behaviour was so bad it was inciting said fans.

And also the good authority that Rovers fans who were not the knuckle dragging idiots that have attached themselves to the club being thrown out and given physical discourtesy in the process (majority of those on some official buses coming back nursing injuries sustained in the process). Why according to one contributor from their side would Michael Burns have been speaking to him on the Monday after to address both his concerns and those of the club?

Anyway - points addressed above - although I should have known better when going into a thread concerning match officials on this ****tip - you get the usual apes slinging their crap views on the standard of officiating in the League. Still it gives me a good laugh reading the deluded comments of no-mark contributors who wouldn't have the guts to take the job on - like yourself ORA. Maybe if you could let me know where you worked I could come around to your offices, stand behind you for 90 minutes each week screaming at you about how crap you were at your job (despite not having any real knowledge of the role you carry out) - then post numerous threads on webforums restating the comments...

Well, enough conversing with the untermensch for one morning - time for a cup of tea...

OneRedArmy
09/11/2007, 10:13 AM
If I'm a typical fan, you're clearly a typical ref. Zero accountability to the paying customer.

Believe it or not I am accountable in my job, and I get judged on how well I do it.

The idea that somehow refs shouldn't be criticised by fans is absolute horsecrap, as is the suggestion that me becoming a ref is somehow the solution.

Whilst a referees job may not be easy, football isn't a black box, refereeing is broadly about keeping up with play, being in the right place and keeping control of the game, regardless of how you may try and complicate it.

I've watched enough football over the years to differentiate between a few wrong decisions (which even the best refs have) and referees who take the easy way out and effectively let the home crowd ref the match and those, like McKeon, whose error rate is simply too high.

You can keep throwing up as many diversions and complications as you want, but at the end of the day, the vast majority of paying spectators agree with me and that can't be ignored.

sligoman
09/11/2007, 10:51 AM
Paul Deering, oh this will be fun:D.

osarusan
09/11/2007, 11:59 AM
The idea that somehow refs shouldn't be criticised by fans is absolute horsecrap.
So comments like these are acceptable criticism?

I wish McKeon would find something else to occupy his weekends, like shark baiting or playing with traffic...

OneRedArmy
09/11/2007, 12:05 PM
So comments like these are acceptable criticism?Yes. I really do wish he'd stop refereeing as I think he's particularly poor at it.

Do remember these guys get paid.

Thunderblaster
10/11/2007, 9:33 AM
Last week, there was a newspaper article in Mayo about Damien McGrath being selected as First Assistant Referee in the FAI Cup final.

tiktok
10/11/2007, 10:01 AM
As sa CCFC supporter, I'm not pleased with the choices.
But in fairness, it's not like the talent pool is great to start with, the odds were that we'd end up with a poor ref.

Red&White Rover
10/11/2007, 10:10 AM
Paul Deering.:D

Unlucky. THe man is a clueless ego tripping ref.

He'll more than likely ruin the cup final.

But it'll be funny to watch.

football fan
10/11/2007, 7:18 PM
Referee - Dave McKeon (Dub)
Assistants - Fran Cunningham (Dub) & Paul Deering (Sligo)
4th Official - Pat Whelan (Dub)

I think everyone should wish the lads a good game.

Paul Deering of Sligo is NOT on the cup final. The other assistant referee is Damian McGrath from Mayo.

The Sligo fans can rest easy now!!

blue til i die
10/11/2007, 9:16 PM
Pat Whelan is retiring at the end of the season, it was announced at the Rovers v Waterford match last night that it was his last,and after the performance he gave, he wont be missed.another dublin ref for a dublin team.wats new!!

Pablo
27/11/2007, 10:36 AM
Just noticed this one.........God help us all!

Dodge
27/11/2007, 10:55 AM
As sa CCFC supporter, I'm not pleased with the choices.

As a non ccfc fan, I'm shocked

TonyD
27/11/2007, 8:06 PM
Also, care to elaborate on the rest of your potentially slanderous post?

Ahem, it's potentially libelous, not slanderous. (Just call me Mr Pedantic:p)

Olander
27/11/2007, 8:48 PM
The other assistant referee is Damian McGrath from Mayo.

:D My Cousins french teacher ! He's terrible aswell btw

sligo23
27/11/2007, 9:07 PM
Paul Deering of Sligo is NOT on the cup final. The other assistant referee is Damian McGrath from Mayo.

The Sligo fans can rest easy now!!

pity:p
i was looking forward to seeing his usual touchline antics
but we'll all sleep easier tonight knowing he wont be there:D