PDA

View Full Version : Event Controller

Red Army
08/11/2007, 7:48 PM
I was told by a member of the MC that our new event controller has resigned. He took on the job temporary after Davey left. Because of the FAI licence regulations, event controllers and stewards etc, all have to receive training.

A event controller course came up in Dublin. He volunteered to take time of work because the course was held mid-week over 2 weeks but the MC refused to allow him any expenses. So he basically told them to F**k off.

So looks like they will be asking Davey back next season. With the hold ups with the shed end redevelopment and this it just adds to the list of f**k ups by our MC. The people running our club haven't a clue. Anyone else hear anything about this?

sligoman
08/11/2007, 8:52 PM
It's true about the reasons he's stepping down, he even only asked the club to share expenses with him and it was down to one guy to make the decision. Haven't heard anything about Davey coming back or not though. No surprise to note that the guy who refused to allow expenses is the same guy who was mentioned in the other thread that's "holding the club back" and also the guy that Oliver Davey had a bust up with before leaving:mad:

Fabrizio
08/11/2007, 9:23 PM
Being on the MC is a Thankless Job but in fairness some of the decisions they have made over the past 2/3 years beggers belief! If they were on the Management Board of a Public Limited Company then they would no longer be in a job! a 3 Man Management Team should be devised, along with a PRO, Treasurer and Secretary.

Rovers will be going through the motions year in year out if changes arent made sooner rather than later. In changes i mean changes in the MC as above, and changes in the finances. Its all good and well running Fundraising Events such as the dinner on Monday night, but that money will only last so long. Its time Rovers did a SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats) analysis and use what the strengths are to generate funds long term, an obvious example - the land available.

Just my 2 cents..............

Rovers1
08/11/2007, 10:37 PM
No surprise to note that the guy who refused to allow expenses is the same guy who was mentioned in the other thread that's "holding the club back" and also the guy that Oliver Davey had a bust up with before leaving:mad:

name him sligoman..everyone knows who your on about, Ray Gallagher, and he is holding the club back. to not pay out money to send stewards on a safety course is shocking!! at the end of the day, i know this sounds a bit harsh but hes putting peoples lives at risk by not training the clubs match night staff in charge of safety. Also the Showgies pitch would be in a lot better state if Gallagher wasnt in the way of the groundsman buying half decent machinery to keep the pitch in a decent state!!!
I hear alot of bad stories around about Gallagher, most if not all id say are true!

Red Army
08/11/2007, 10:39 PM
Well in fairness if he was going taking time off work to do that course so he could do a voluntary job for Rovers which I'm sure is a job that comes with a lot of hassle and the MC refuse to even go 50-50 with him what else could he do but walk away

sligoman
08/11/2007, 10:40 PM
What is this guy's problem? Like I know he done good years ago but does he not want the club to move forward and improve? Clearly not. Murtagh was a good event controller and now he's gone because of one man's idiocy.

Conor H
08/11/2007, 10:42 PM
So looks like they will be asking Davey back next season.

Excellent.:):cool:;)

feo123
08/11/2007, 10:42 PM
could be a promotion on the cards for you or taz sligoman

sligoman
08/11/2007, 10:43 PM
Taz:eek: :D

SligoBrewer
08/11/2007, 10:48 PM
Excellent:D:D:D

Rovers1
08/11/2007, 10:51 PM
Excellent.:):cool:

you gonna take him on this time Connor?, can think of a few who might join ya! :D

Olly Davey
Mohammed Ali
Floats like a butterfly
Hates Krustys....

Conor H
08/11/2007, 10:57 PM
Visiting twice next year,i'm sure we'll give him the same respect he gave our lads who hopped the wall.;)

Just saw your sig....i believe we had this discussion in Eyre Square a few weeks back.I also remember Rovers1 singing "We hate Sligo"....Sligoman can vouch for it!:D:D

Rovers1
08/11/2007, 11:02 PM
"We hate Sligo"....Sligoman can vouch for it!:D:D

and as i said in my text.."i DO hate Sligo..im partial to a bit of ROVERS myslef"! ;)

SligoBrewer
08/11/2007, 11:06 PM
I hate Sligo myself..

Rovers is about the only thing I connect with in this kip

Conor H
08/11/2007, 11:06 PM
and as i said in my text.."i DO hate Sligo..im partial to a bit of ROVERS myslef"! ;)

Still,i'll take it.
Next time we'll be sure to get the Rovers part in aswell so there's no doubt.:)

sligoman
08/11/2007, 11:08 PM
Still,i'll take it.
Next time we'll be sure to get the Rovers part in aswell so there's no doubt.:)Now that will never happen and if I hear him saying it then I'll only assume you've drugged him up beyond all sensibility;).

Rovers1
08/11/2007, 11:11 PM
Now that will never happen and if I hear him saying it then I'll only assume you've drugged him up beyond all sensibility;).

sounds like something would go on in galway alright!

Redzer
09/11/2007, 8:54 AM
It cant be down to money. Gallager and Co had 3 guys in all year, mostly scratching their collective a*ses. What did they cost and more important what did they do?
From what I hear this decision was not taken by the full board. Just Toolan & Gallager.
IMO the club should be covering the TOTAL cost of any course, especially one as important as Event Control.
I wonder if we can get a individual costings of accounts at the AGM. It would be very interesting to see where our money is been spent.