PDA

View Full Version : Dublin Leagues

Kildare Lad
08/11/2007, 7:50 PM
Hello, just a few questions about the Dublin Schoolboys Leagues.

As far as im aware theres the DDSL, NDSL, and SDSL, correct?

Just wondering why there is 3 instead of 1? And how big of a gap in quality is there between them all?

What makes teams decide which league they enter?

Cheers in advance

drummerboy
09/11/2007, 1:23 PM
DDSL is by far a better league and most players who go on to play across the water and in the Eircom League come from this league. Not much different between the other two.

Kildare Lad
09/11/2007, 4:46 PM
DDSL is by far a better league and most players who go on to play across the water and in the Eircom League come from this league. Not much different between the other two.

I see. Thanks.

I know that in the U.15s there are Premier, Major, A, A1, B, B1 leagues. At which level would you want to be playing at if your to take football seriously?

drummerboy
09/11/2007, 5:02 PM
Premier, Major and A. There is the odd decent teams in the lower leagues and no doubt decent teams in the other leagues. But the Premier in the DDSL is very very competitive.

Docboy
09/11/2007, 5:02 PM
Either premier or major if you want to play to the top standard.

Kildare Lad
09/11/2007, 5:38 PM
Either premier or major if you want to play to the top standard.

Top as in the League of Ireland? Or top as in abroad?

stojkovic
09/11/2007, 8:19 PM
DDSL 15Premier is arguably the best league in Europe.

Try catch a game. They attract big crowds.

DmanDmythDledge
10/11/2007, 12:52 AM
I know it's a very general question but if you were a player who was on a midtable-relegation fighting team in the major could you make a career out of football?

BohDiddley
28/01/2008, 8:29 PM
I would say, generally, no.

But I would also say no in relation to DDSL Premier. There is some excellent talent on show in the league, especially at the top, but there is also a great deal of parental and some managerial hype and delusion that probably does the game a great deal of harm.

Schoolboys
31/01/2008, 11:13 AM
I would say, generally, no.

But I would also say no in relation to DDSL Premier. There is some excellent talent on show in the league, especially at the top, but there is also a great deal of parental and some managerial hype and delusion that probably does the game a great deal of harm.
The majority of the Irish International squad and Irish players in the UK at the moment have played out of the DDSL Premier Divisions,have a look at the U15 and other Underage International squads over the last few years and trace back their Clubs.There are of course some exceptions with the clubs outside Dublin becoming particularly strong over the last few years.

Parental interference and managerial delusion happens at all levels and all age groups believe it or not small sided games are the worst,and yes some Clubs think they have the god given right to have all the best players around and also to be automatically placed in Top Divisions without having to work their way up like everybody else.Unfortunately you still have the people out there who tell kids and their parents "Come and play for us and we will guarantee you trials etc." and you still have the people who believe them.

stojkovic
31/01/2008, 10:34 PM
Unfortunately you still have the people out there who tell kids and their parents "Come and play for us and we will guarantee you trials etc." and you still have the people who believe them.

And free tracksuits, predator boots and 42" plasma TV's.......

Schoolboys
01/02/2008, 9:10 AM
Agreed!