PDA

View Full Version : New format

Gary
14/05/2003, 11:35 PM
Sorry to be a moaning Michael, but i am not a fan of this new format at all. Especially the bit at the top which folloows you down the screen as you move down. Its really p***ing me off, as im sure that it is slowing the site down (or maybe it is just my piece of cwap PC!).

Sorry, but thats me.

Im sure ill be duly ignored anyway!!!

;)

:p

dahamsta
14/05/2003, 11:46 PM
You can change back to the old style by going to Edit Options (http://foot.ie/member.php?action=editoptions) and choosing the NoCookies Style Set.

adam

Troy.McClure
15/05/2003, 12:37 PM
No that doesnt work!!!! :(

That movable menu is really putting a dampener on an excellent site:o

Sorry to be moaning as well, but it is on my nerves so much:(

Xlex
15/05/2003, 12:44 PM
hit refresh a few times...

dahamsta
15/05/2003, 1:01 PM
As Xlex says, hit refresh a few times; and if that doesn't work, try clearing your cache. If that doesn't work either, pst again and I'll check your settings and reset them manually if necessary.

adam

Troy.McClure
15/05/2003, 1:15 PM
Thanks,
I've hit refresh a few times alright. It seems that the moving bar is in some sections (ie the Cork City one) but not in others (like the Support & FAQ section), so Im all confused :confused:
Also (not being a techie) how do I clear my cashe? :o
Appologies for my ignorance :(

dahamsta
15/05/2003, 1:17 PM
That's likely your cache. What browser and operating system are you using?

adam

dahamsta
15/05/2003, 2:35 PM
Troy PM'd me with his answer, but I'll explain here so other people will get the benefit. Unfortunately, he didn't specify which version of IE he's using, so this is for IE6:

From the Tools menu, choose Internet Options. On the first tab of that dialog box you'll see a section marked Temporary Internet Files, hit the button marked Delete Files and then click OK and OK again. Now close your browser and restart it.

adam

Ruairi
15/05/2003, 4:49 PM
Small prob when using a mac with the new format: when I try to use the menu bar, the drop down menus are about a screen and a half wide, and therefore I can't select anything on them, cause I can't scroll across.

dahamsta
15/05/2003, 4:58 PM
Hmmm. And they were ok in the old version, yeah?

adam

A face
16/05/2003, 1:09 AM
You have a Mac right .... i think i have the answer to that.
Sell the Mac and get a PC .... you know it makes sense Ruairi !! :)

dahamsta
16/05/2003, 1:32 AM
Leave 'im alone, Macs are cool. Particularly MacOS X ones, since they run FreeBSD. And plastic ones that you can flash girles in.

adam

Dodge
16/05/2003, 9:04 AM
Originally posted by Vetinari
And plastic ones that you can flash girles in.

Is this techie speak or does it mean you can expose yourself to girlies...

James
16/05/2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by A face
You have a Mac right .... i think i have the answer to that.
Sell the Mac and get a PC .... you know it makes sense Ruairi !! :)

Blasphemy a face
[start propaganda] macs are great macs dont crash blah blah blah macs run on unix based OS, iphoto, itunes boyo its where its at like [/end propaganda]

lol of course they do in real life crash :)
but i wudnt swap my kick ass new iMac for all the chitty Windows XP nonsense i've seen