PDA

View Full Version : Friday's TV coverage

Pauro 76
07/11/2007, 9:28 PM
What live game is being shown on Friday does anyone know? And also will there be live streaming on RTE.ie? Thanks!

sligoman
07/11/2007, 9:34 PM
Cork Vs. Bohs afaik and I presume there will be streaming, always is isn't there?

blue til i die
07/11/2007, 10:15 PM
cant believe they're showing bohs and cork, i think thats a stupid match to show, either Waterfords or Longfords would make more sense,more exitement,both fighting for our lives.

sligoman
07/11/2007, 10:27 PM
On paper, Cork game should be better. Shams Vs. Waterford has snoozfest wrote all over it;).

Sam_Heggy
07/11/2007, 10:29 PM
On paper, Cork game should be better. Shams Vs. Waterford has snoozfest wrote all over it;).

Derry - Longford could be a good one, Longford are flying and Derry players will have to state their case for a spot in the setanta play-off. Would be much better game imo.

Mad Moose
07/11/2007, 10:32 PM
Cork Vs. Bohs afaik and I presume there will be streaming, always is isn't there?

I'll take whatever streaming I can get but thats very very disappointing. Ok it could have been Lissywollen but in the absence of I would like to have watched Derry City v Longford Town in the automatic relegation decider.

Is the Cok/Boh's game a definite. I'll still watch it.

Dodge
07/11/2007, 11:07 PM
Remember that first choice was Cobh but they refused to move...

Pauro 76
08/11/2007, 7:36 AM
Ah crap. Our game would have been a cracker to watch. Or even Waterford's so i could cheer every Rovers move. But nothing to get me excited about Cork v Bohs, not relevant to our biggest game ever. since the last one. Streaming and foot.ie updates it is then.

Dodge
08/11/2007, 7:42 AM
Longford haven't played a cracker since matthews took over. No point in lying pauro!

The Cobh game was the right choice. Shame they turned it down

michaelguineys
08/11/2007, 10:26 AM
Well it's a fight for 3rd between us and Bohs, plus there was such good football played in the semi final i presume rte thought it would be the most entertaining game.
Athlone v Cobh would have been better and was their first choice but as we know Cobh did not want to be on tv

dcfcsteve
08/11/2007, 11:18 AM
There's €25,000 riding on the Bohs v Cork game, as that's how much extra you get for 3rd place.

That'll probably double the gate receipts for the game !

Rocky77
08/11/2007, 11:24 AM
Ah crap. Our game would have been a cracker to watch.

Mooney doesn't score on live TV, maybe it's for the best ;)

Réiteoir
08/11/2007, 11:30 AM
There's €25,000 riding on the Bohs v Cork game, as that's how much extra you get for 3rd place.

That's probably double what the gate receipts for the game will be !

Plus iirc - a place in Europe for next season (if Cork fail to win the FAI Cup).

I'd say that game is the most important of the whole Premier programme

btid1
08/11/2007, 11:42 AM
but as we know Cobh did not want to be on tv

Missed this.Why?

Sam_Heggy
08/11/2007, 11:53 AM
Missed this.Why?

No confidence in their players?

Pauro 76
08/11/2007, 12:00 PM
Camera shy?

Rocky77
08/11/2007, 12:04 PM
Camera shy?

Well he hasn't managed a live one yet, despite opportunities. Maybe we could lobby RTÉ not to show the Cup final :D

Macy
08/11/2007, 12:07 PM
Longford haven't played a cracker since matthews took over. No point in lying pauro!
2003 Cup Final wasn't bad in fairness.

Dodge
08/11/2007, 12:15 PM
I've no idea what you're talking about. Wasn't that the year the cup was cancelled?

Jerry The Saint
08/11/2007, 12:17 PM
I've no idea what you're talking about. Wasn't that the year the cup was cancelled?

"Cup":confused:

dcfcsteve
08/11/2007, 12:23 PM

Nahh - you're thinking of 2006.......

Dodge
08/11/2007, 12:28 PM
was it not abolished before 2006?

michaelguineys
08/11/2007, 12:43 PM
Missed this.Why?

Well rumour has it (and from a reliable source too within ramblers) that they didn't want to be on telly because they saw what happened to Finn Harps last weekend when they played Athlone on the tv and don't want it to happen to them!

Macy
08/11/2007, 12:44 PM
was it not abolished before 2006?
1961?

Dodge
08/11/2007, 12:47 PM
Something like that. Proper order too. None of this mickey mouse knock out stuff. leave that to the GAA

Sam_Heggy
08/11/2007, 12:58 PM
Well rumour has it (and from a reliable source too within ramblers) that they didn't want to be on telly because they saw what happened to Finn Harps last weekend when they played Athlone on the tv and don't want it to happen to them!

As I said, no confidence in the players.

Battery Rover
08/11/2007, 1:05 PM
Was contacted by the sports editor of TV3 yesterday about footage of the Athlone vs Cobh match and I will be sending a dvd of the match to them so all being well and no system failures we will see highlights of the match that makes Finn Harps league champions

btid1
08/11/2007, 1:06 PM

If true that is minnowism of the highest order!!

Surely being on TV would act as a spur for them to go and play their socks off.Shop window and all that!!Easy pre-match team talk for the manager also - "go out and show the country what you are made of etc....."

Mad Moose
08/11/2007, 1:07 PM
Was contacted by the sports editor of TV3 yesterday about footage of the Athlone vs Cobh match and I will be sending a dvd of the match to them so all being well and no system failures we will see highlights of the match that makes Finn Harps league champions

Good stuff.

passinginterest
08/11/2007, 1:30 PM
If true that is minnowism of the highest order!!

Surely being on TV would act as a spur for them to go and play their socks off.Shop window and all that!!Easy pre-match team talk for the manager also - "go out and show the country what you are made of etc....."

I would have thought the main reason was the change to Friday night? Loads of supporters travelling and arrangements made etc. It would also necessitate the Harps game changing to the Friday and didn't one of the clubs have a fund raiser on the Friday night at €100 a ticket? Would have been a disaster to change the game. RTE should just show it on the Saturday.

micls
08/11/2007, 1:35 PM
I would have thought the main reason was the change to Friday night? Loads of supporters travelling and arrangements made etc. It would also necessitate the Harps game changing to the Friday and didn't one of the clubs have a fund raiser on the Friday night at €100 a ticket? Would have been a disaster to change the game. RTE should just show it on the Saturday.

I thought the same

michaelguineys
08/11/2007, 3:48 PM

Me too, but that's what i heard?

niallsparky
08/11/2007, 7:28 PM

Sure they have the Premier League highlights on Saturday, fancy them changing that for a First Division game.

sniffa
08/11/2007, 7:38 PM
AFAIK all the final games in the the First Division have to be played on the same day and at the same time. Which would mean RTE changing to Eircom League football on a Sat night. A definite non-starter.
This is the very reason why Dundalk had to change from their usual Thursday night.
I really don't think Cobh had an option to make.

Mr_T
09/11/2007, 8:34 AM
Cobh had the option of switching their game to Friday for the live TV coverage but refused it. Harps would also have had to agree to change their game in Kilkenny but it never came to that.

BohDiddley
09/11/2007, 3:19 PM
Can an eL club refuse to have a match televised? I'd say we've lost thousands (of people) this season on account of matches being switched to Monday nights, and the broadcast fee is a pittance.

steno
09/11/2007, 5:09 PM
AFAIK all the final games in the the First Division have to be played on the same day and at the same time. Which would mean RTE changing to Eircom League football on a Sat night. A definite non-starter.
This is the very reason why Dundalk had to change from their usual Thursday night.
I really don't think Cobh had an option to make.

This man speak the truth. The season would now be offically over for Kildare County as they would have played Dundalk on their usuall Thursday night. Dundalk of course still have to negoiate a play-off after Saturday night.

Sam_Heggy
09/11/2007, 5:47 PM
This man speak the truth. The season would now be offically over for Kildare County as they would have played Dundalk on their usuall Thursday night. Dundalk of course still have to negoiate a play-off after Saturday night.

Cobh had the option to move the game to Fri night, Harps were willing to go along with it. Cobh refused, Harps had already discussed refunding or making alternative solutions for their supporters as our game was to be moved to the friday too.

Erstwhile Bóz
09/11/2007, 6:36 PM
What is your man after saying about the gate receipts for the FAI Cup Final? Cork aren't getting any?

Dazzy
09/11/2007, 6:49 PM
What is your man after saying about the gate receipts for the FAI Cup Final? Cork aren't getting any?

FAI looking for 100%, must be struggling to pay the rent on Croke Park.

Erstwhile Bóz
09/11/2007, 7:07 PM
FAI looking for 100%, must be struggling to pay the rent on Croke Park.
Plane fares back from Dubai have to cost a few bob.

The Man Himself
09/11/2007, 7:25 PM

how did sligo do against waterford this season?

atfconline
09/11/2007, 10:14 PM

Statement just released from the FAI

Football Association of Ireland

Statement

November 9, 2007

The Football Association of Ireland wishes to clarify several issues that have arisen in relation to the financial package on offer to the finalists in the 2007 FAI Ford Cup Final.

At a meeting in Portmarnock on Wednesday, October 10, between the FAI and representatives of the four semi-finalists – Bohemians, Cork City, Longford Town and UCD - the financial package for the finalists was outlined in detail and accepted by the clubs.

The FAI proposed that the winner of the competition would be guaranteed a minimum payment of €100,000 and the runners-up a minimum payment of €75,000. It was explained that this sum would cover prize-money, TV revenue and a share of the surplus with the FAI making up the shortfall, if any, to guarantee the agreed payment.

These guaranteed payments represent a substantial increase on the monies paid to the 2006 finalists where the winners received €45,000 in prize money and television revenue and the runners-up got €39,000.

The two clubs also shared a €37,000 gate surplus.

The FAI completely refutes any suggestion that it is in breach of the rules of the competition and is expressly disappointed at the actions of the Cork City Board on this matter.

ENDS