PDA

View Full Version : Derry Preview

pete
14/05/2003, 5:44 PM
[fai.ie]

Derry City will be hoping to build on last week's 1-1 draw with Premier Division champions Bohemians at Dalymount Park and move out of the relegation zone when they clash with Cork City in Thursday's crucial eircom League clash with second-placed Cork City at the Brandywell (kick-off 7.45 pm).

But manager Kevin Mahon must plan without defenders Sean Hargan and Billy Clery. Hargan could be out of football for four weeks with a groin injury while Clery is sidelined with a cracked rib injury. Again likely to be absentees are strikers Liam Coyle (back) and Tommy McCallion (ankle).

With former Celtic and Aarhus man John Paul McBride released by the club earlier in the week, Mahon is likely to have Kevin Deery, Darren McCready and Damien Power on stand-by against a Cork side who would go top of the table ahead of Shelbourne on goal difference - for 24 hours at least - if they win by a three goal margin.

After an encouraging start to the campaign Cork, who travelled by road to Derry on Wednesday, have slipped up in recent games with a 2-1 defeat by Shamrock Rovers at Richmond Park and then a 1-1 draw with Waterford United at Turners Cross.

Manager Pat Dolan will be looking for improvements and is likely to recall goalkeeper Michael Devine, winger Billy Woods and defenders Neal Horgan and Alan Bennett. That quartet were all missing from the side held to a surprise scoreless draw by neighbours Cobh Ramblers in the League Cup clash at Turners Cross on Monday night.

James
14/05/2003, 5:59 PM
derry rumoured to be on verge of signing yer man Annand - striker (the old shligo player) from Airdire (i think)

apparently he was at the derry v harps game last night

patsh
14/05/2003, 6:14 PM
Originally posted by James
derry rumoured to be on verge of signing yer man Annand - striker (the old shligo player) from Airdire (i think)

apparently he was at the derry v harps game last night
Anything to the main player at the UN, Kofi Annand ? :D :D

I know it's Kofi Annan, just a little joke ;)

That would be Eddie Annand?