PDA

View Full Version : Portlaoise Nightlife?

Neish
07/11/2007, 6:44 PM
Just wondering if anyone here know any decent pubs clubs etc in Portlaoise? Preferably somewhere with and indie/ rock vibe.
Heading to the Harps game in Killkeny on Saturday and majority of fans staying in Portlaoise(club got a deal with a hotel there)

ifk101
08/11/2007, 7:12 AM
It's a while since I've had a drink in Portlaoise but basically anywhere along the main street (the one with the cobbles) except for Egan's and avoid Supermacs after dark (especially on a Saturday night). Pretty much all the pubs in the town are concentrated along the main street so it you don't like one the next one is only two doors down or up the street.

What hotel did the club get the offer for (out of interest)?

strangeirish
08/11/2007, 1:05 PM
Probably that big one with all the rooms and barbed wire around the perimeter. You know, the one with the snipers on all four corners.:D

First
08/11/2007, 1:55 PM
Probably that big one with all the rooms and barbed wire around the perimeter. You know, the one with the snipers on all four corners.:D

My brother lives there;)

Neish
08/11/2007, 5:42 PM

Comfort Inn

max power
08/11/2007, 10:15 PM
no decent clubs at all. The best pub i think is Sally Garden on the main st. Be prepared to get a taxi in and out of town to the hotel.

If i was to say a club i'd say club 23, its hole but good crowd and half decent music.

Sam_Heggy
09/11/2007, 10:16 AM
And the women? :p

carrickharp
09/11/2007, 1:50 PM
Looking foward to the night life in Kilkenny myself tomorrow!!

Sam_Heggy
09/11/2007, 4:51 PM
Looking foward to the night life in Kilkenny myself tomorrow!!

You staying in Portlaois or Kilkenny James?
Might be worth getting a lift into Kilkenny but then again, enough of us Harps lads together to make a good night of it. :cool: Craic will be good.

gaffer33
09/11/2007, 5:34 PM
Might be worth getting a lift into Kilkenny but then again, enough of us Harps lads together to make a good night of it. :cool: Craic will be good.
Hey sam,might even meet up on the way home from athlone,going through portloaise,with the title(all going well)..:D

Sam_Heggy
09/11/2007, 5:50 PM
Hey sam,might even meet up on the way home from athlone,going through portloaise,with the title(all going well)..:D

I dont think the state looks too kindly on theft :p

6yardpunisha
09/11/2007, 5:57 PM
I dont think the state looks too kindly on theft :p

be nice Sam, Hendo's goin get ya

carrickharp
09/11/2007, 6:14 PM

Booked into a B&B in Kilkenny near Langtons Bar diden't fancy staying in Portlaois.

max power
12/11/2007, 10:01 PM
so how did it go, i saw some harps fans outside the hotel on sunday on my way into the gym.

Goodluck on your way to the playoffs !!!!

Sam_Heggy
13/11/2007, 2:31 PM
so how did it go, i saw some harps fans outside the hotel on sunday on my way into the gym.

Goodluck on your way to the playoffs !!!!

Yeah all good, barmondays (?) in Portlaosi looked good, one of our memebers got stopped (damn students)
Had a bar all to ourselves where we had some good fun with a phone box, superman jokes and the barmaids :p
Good spot alright, had great craic in the hotel afterwards (lovely hotel btw)