PDA

View Full Version : Statement From Club Chairman

luka
07/11/2007, 2:03 PM
The below statement was released by the Cobh Ramblers Chairman this afternoon

A message to all users of foot.ie

This is by far the most important and historic week in the lifetime of our club, and firstly I want to congratulate Steve and the team for a magnificent season regardless of what happens in athlone on Saturday night. I am proud of every one of the squad and I wish them all the luck in the world. That said, the reason I’m on this forum today is to ask you to please stop attacking members of the committee. These personal attacks are doing no good whatsoever for this club going forward so please keep your comments to the game of soccer and keep personalities out of it. I welcome Denis, Michael, and James back onto the committee and look forward to working with them in the future.

Yours sincerely

Barry Walsh
Chairman.

pp Barry Walsh

outside in
07/11/2007, 2:07 PM
[quote=luka;808996]pp Barry Walsh[/quote

The Rebel Ram
07/11/2007, 2:10 PM
There has been a lot of names being used in recent weeks here lads
Lets cop on a bit, keep names out, keep opinions going.......
Lets enjoy the weeks ahead:ball:

luka
07/11/2007, 2:12 PM
[quote=luka;808996]pp Barry Walsh[/quote

Seeing as you asked 'who got attached' and then changed your post, below is an explanation of what 'PP' means ;)

This comes from the Latin 'per procurationem' which means by delegation to, or through the agency of. It is used when signing documents on behalf of someone else.

thegafferman
07/11/2007, 2:38 PM
[QUOTE=outside in;809005]

Seeing as you asked 'who got attached' and then changed your post, below is an explanation of what 'PP' means ;)

This comes from the Latin 'per procurationem' which means by delegation to, or through the agency of. It is used when signing documents on behalf of someone else.

see luka and you asked yourself when doing latin for your leaving " when the f..k am i ever going to use this in the real world"lol

6yardpunisha
07/11/2007, 2:45 PM
[quote=outside in;809005]

oooooooooooohh, teachers pet

The Rebel Ram
07/11/2007, 3:07 PM
Jees lads ye are showing your age now!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:
Thnks b I haven't a clue what ye are saying:D

outside in
07/11/2007, 3:22 PM
[quote=outside in;809005]

yes i did change my post as i misread da statement is dat ok smart a**

luka
07/11/2007, 3:46 PM
Merely responding to your original question old chap but as usual I can see this thread has sadly deteoriated into the usual adolescent tit-for-tat. Mind you, I don't take much offence to being called 'smart a' but I'd prefer you corrected it to 'a smart' :p

Think I'll ask a Moderator to rid this thread of unassociated tripe

dahamsta
07/11/2007, 3:54 PM
Including yours luka?

Everyone just stfu and get back on topic please.

John83
07/11/2007, 3:58 PM
There has been a lot of names being used in recent weeks here lads
Lets cop on a bit, keep names out, keep opinions going.......
Lets enjoy the weeks ahead:ball:
Without wanting to drag things up again for you folks, what kind of things were being levelled at the board members? Is it opinion (e.g. that someone mishandled something) or an accusation of some sort of misbehaviour?

MojoPin
07/11/2007, 4:07 PM
not much was being levelled at them really 3 of them resigned ad there was a bit of a fuss as to why they resigned and the lack of communication in th eprocess is wasnt really a major thing until the local paper got a hold of it and blew it out of all proportions...

its a nothing matter now as they are back in their postions and its back to normallity..... :)

Mr A
07/11/2007, 4:09 PM
Isn't this statement more likely to stir things up again rather than to quell unrest?

luka
07/11/2007, 4:11 PM
Including yours luka?

Everyone just stfu and get back on topic please.

YES...........including mine please. That's why I reported the post and asked you guys to delete all except those of relevancy

rambler14
07/11/2007, 4:11 PM
Great to see em back. Denis has been doing a great job and so has James and Michael. The 3 of them really love the club.

6yardpunisha
07/11/2007, 4:12 PM
Isn't this statement more likely to stir things up again rather than to quell unrest?

not really, people were moaning about the lack of communication from the club, Chairman has oblidged with a statement, end of story IMO

luka
07/11/2007, 4:13 PM
not really, people were moaning about the lack of communication from the club, Chairman has oblidged with a statement, end of story IMO

Correct

MojoPin
07/11/2007, 4:14 PM

imo it wont as they committee members that resigned had their reasons for resigning and now there back so if the chairman welcomes them back why shouldnt we even if somewhere along the line somebody might have made a poor judgement error at the time

its over finally put to rest lets move on.. ATHLONE