PDA

View Full Version : Thats good for starters?

Gary
12/08/2001, 5:32 PM
Now i'll admit straight away, I've not read, seen or heard anything about the game, but a 4-1 scoreline tells the whole story really doesn't it? we've all said that maybe this team could deliver the goods this season, but with a start like that is a disgrace. Gunthers once proud unbeaten record is now in tatters. Are we to stick by him for the season or do we look for a new man?

bring on Bohs!!!

Neil
12/08/2001, 5:52 PM
Originally posted by Gary
Are we to stick by him for the season or do we look for a new man?
It depends on who you are directing that question at. The supporter or the board...

I, personally, would never have given Gunther the job full-time in the first place. Even after he had poxed his way to an unbeaten run of 12 games in the league. That run had very little to do with Liam Murphy, it had more to do with the miraculous return to form of the likes of Ollie Cahill who had decided not to give a shi* for Derek Mountfield. Liam Murphy is a t.wat. His re-signing of Noel Hartigan proves that. Mountfield had done what most City supporters had longed for for years, got rid of the donkey. Gunther gets the manager's job, first thing he does, signs Hartigan. We're back to square one now. We need a professional manager with a bit of passion and a mind of his own (like Mountfield?) but with the club being run by a bunch of money-grabbing brainless idiots it will not happen. Where's our money gone Noel O'Mahoney, Terry Dunne, et al - you tax dodging priks.

Obviously if you ask that question to the Cork City board, the answer will be that he's there for the season. And he's there for the season regardless of results, because (1) he's wan a da boys and (2) he comes cheap and the board supposedly do not have any money (despite the huge crowds and reasonable success of recent times, but that's another story).

As I was saying in March when he got the job..... GUNTHER OUT
and ..... SACK THE BOARD