PDA

View Full Version : Roof on the St Annes end

yiddo
07/11/2007, 7:56 AM
In a small piece in todays Examiner by John O'Riordan writes

Meanwhile work on Cork City's ground at Turners Cross is set to push into its final main phase in the next couple of months with a roof to be placed on the St Annes End.

alansmithccfc
07/11/2007, 12:28 PM
Can't wait for it , should be me new home once completed

pete
07/11/2007, 2:04 PM
At last some good news today! :cool:

Risteard
08/11/2007, 1:26 AM
Great news.
I was gutted when Arkaga said they'd no interest in developing the ground further but thankfully the
MFA are pushing on with this.
The (use of) Cross is the clubs greatest asset for the future and it'd be lunacy to leave it.

A face
08/11/2007, 10:04 AM
But it was never going to be Arkaga that would pursue the developments. Why would they when they see first hand what the MFA are like. I mean they must be baffled how City ensured them for so long.

The MFA got the grant money because City are the tenants, you could argue that they would have got it if City weren't there, but i'd argue they wouldn't have, lets not split hairs over this ;)

I always said that if i had a say in it, that getting as far away from the MFA as possible would definitely be something on the cards, they are a complete disaster. And its should never be a surprise to the MFA either, what goes around comes around.

yiddo
08/11/2007, 10:20 AM
I always said that if i had a say in it, that getting as far away from the MFA as possible would definitely be something on the cards, they are a complete disaster. And its should never be a surprise to the MFA either, what goes around comes around.

I hear that based on their dealings with the club the MFA's opinion of City is the same as in "a complete disaster"

A face
08/11/2007, 4:04 PM
I hear that based on their dealings with the club the MFA's opinion of City is the same as in "a complete disaster"

I know which one of the two i'd believe anyway :p

yiddo
09/11/2007, 8:30 AM
I know which one of the two i'd believe anyway :p

Didn't say I believed it! Just passing on what I heard ;)

Heard yesterday that its the FAI rather than the MFA that are pushing the idea of the St Annes being roofed. The money is there for it and the FAI want it completed asap.