PDA

View Full Version : Players talk to fans at S.C. meeting

Colm
13/05/2003, 10:47 PM
George, Flynny, Greg, Dan Murray and Conor O'Grady showed up at the Supporters club meeting tonight.
Some of what they said was very interesting and informative. They spoke of their new training and diet regimes and how they benefiting from them.
They talked about how much more professional things have got since Dolan took over. George, in particular, seems to be very positively influenced by Dolan. George said he got very disillusioned towards the end of last season but he has worked hard under Dolan and is now very focused.
Dan Murray talked about how he has settled in Cork and said he would love to play for Ireland if he got the chance (his father is Irish).
They all said that the crowds are great but that it does impact negatively on them if the noise from the crowd goes dead when things are not going too well. Greg also commented on how impressed they were with the Flags and Drums.
George also said if Port Vale asked him to go back over now he would laugh at them. He said that City are "a massive club" and that it goves him great pride to wear the number 10 for his home town team.
All in all they seemed to have a really positive attitude and are confident about the season. They said that they have a fantastic team spirit aswell which is great.
Anyway I was very impressed by them.

applehunter
13/05/2003, 11:41 PM
Was that the Official supporters club or the CCISA?

yan
14/05/2003, 8:53 AM
if you could ask a few of them to turn up at each supports club meeting,id say you would get alot more, id love to be in the s.c but the nites that the meetings are on i normally hav a niteowls match

yan
14/05/2003, 9:11 AM
Dan Murray talked about how he has settled in Cork and said he would love to play for Ireland if he got the chance (his father is Irish).

i think someone should tell brian kerr about this,danno must be at least as good as Richard Dunne/Gary Breen

danno is the best center half ive seen at the cross for sometime and thats including opposing teams,he looks so calm and assured in posession

pete
14/05/2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Colm
George said he got very disillusioned towards the end of last season but he has worked hard under Dolan and is now very focused.

Can see the change alright.

@ndy
14/05/2003, 2:38 PM
Very good. Looks like Cork are really on the up. Dolan is a proper professional, and it all looks very positive. Hope you start playing attractive footy so and challenge for honours. It'd be great to see Cork challenging to bring the eircom league trophy out of Dublin.

yan
14/05/2003, 4:18 PM
cheers andy

its a bit refreshing to hear a dub say something like that

patsh
14/05/2003, 6:11 PM
Excellent report, Colm.
Looks like George is happy to stay for the long term. If no one from the higher levels cross-channel comes in for Dan or John, we should have them for awhile as well.
With Mickey D, Greg and Doyler, these are a great foundation to build a league winning side within the next 3 years.

BTW, There is a rumour posted on CityNet that George is on his way to $hels..:rolleyes:

Colm
14/05/2003, 6:19 PM
Originally posted by oddboy
Excellent report, Colm.
Looks like George is happy to stay for the long term. If no one from the higher levels cross-channel comes in for Dan or John, we should have them for awhile as well.

Cheers Oddboy, yeah George seems very happy as do Flynny and Dan. Dan sounded delighted that he was even playing first team football.

One thing I forgot to mention was that they all agreed that the last 20 minutes of the Bohs game was the best atmosphere they ever played in.

James
14/05/2003, 6:19 PM
poor old oddboy, too much time on ya hands if ya reading the sillynet forum for reliable news. reread what colm posted. highlights the exact credability of the sillynet post.

Dricky
15/05/2003, 7:21 AM
Originally posted by oddboy

BTW, There is a rumour posted on CityNet that George is on his way to $hels..:rolleyes:

Ah now there is a rumour that the end is Nigh ..... but the Jehovah witnesses still haven't got that right.:D :D

patsh
15/05/2003, 8:12 AM
Originally posted by James
poor old oddboy, too much time on ya hands if ya reading the sillynet forum for reliable news. reread what colm posted. highlights the exact credability of the sillynet post.
Emm, that was my point, James.
After reading Colm's report, then reading the latest stupid rumour, there was a rolleyes at the end of my post.

btw, you still have not answered my question ;)

cheekyais
16/05/2003, 8:26 PM
I was told that Dolan might go to the next meeting??? Any truth in this!

Colm
16/05/2003, 8:56 PM
Originally posted by cheekyais
I was told that Dolan might go to the next meeting??? Any truth in this!

He will be attending a meeting but I don't think it is the next one. Dolan has already attended a fans forum and a CCISA meeting since he took over.