PDA

View Full Version : On Line Lotto

red arrow
05/11/2007, 8:56 PM
i am referring back to this because when i mentioned it before the thread dried up. so far i have got approx 15 people to suscribe for 1 year most of them online others by doing the lotto plus card. i am plugging away on a daily basis and the respose has being good but my time is limited. the advantage of doing this on line for i year i have mentioned on a previous thread. its a once off and in most casess people dont mind parting with e100. my point is that i am sure there are many others out there who could do the same. what i have found is that a lot of people do not know that the lotto can be done on line and a lot of people are willing to do it but have not got access to a pc or cant do it themselves. the people i approach are friends and aquantainces . i explain that htey can support the rovers by givin a years suscription nad do a quick pick on line. i generally do it for them by getting their credit card details. i believe that we can network this fundraiser by making contact with people we know by e mail or phone call or just mentioning it to them. with a little bit of effort the revenue from the lotto could be substantially increased. as i mentioned before frank beirne is mr lotto
and he can be easiy contacted. if there are others out there willing to help send me a private message with your telephone nr and i will make contact . i continually here on this baord different ideas (some v. good ones) but an idea can only be returned int reality by hard work and committed people. i await with interest

clubman
05/11/2007, 11:11 PM
So if Frank Beirne is 'Mr Lotto' as you continuiously imply, may I ask the question why is he not promoting the on line lotto.
I totally agree that it has great potential but when it's not being promoted it wont be a success.

d rovers
06/11/2007, 8:43 AM
i'd imagine administration of the lotto & going around the town selling tickets takes up enough of his time. wouldn't it make more sense for the promotions officer to be promoting the lotto?

fair play for raising the lotto subject again red arrow, i'll be taking out a year subscription in the next few weeks.

red arrow
06/11/2007, 7:25 PM
thank you d rovers. as for clubman get off your ass and give us a helping hand. all i ask is to spread the word as i said before e mail your friends acquantainces etc spread the word about on line lotto by networking. if we all put our shoulders to the wheel we cn make this a huge success. frank beirne is working extremely hard but he cant do it all so give him a helping hand. what i liked about d rovers response was that it was a positive one . clubman (i know your heart is behind the rovers) but think about what you can do to help. we get enough negative chat here.