PDA

View Full Version : Clubman of the year!

The Rebel Ram
04/11/2007, 9:17 PM
I don't know who picks this or what the rules are but I think there can only be one winner if he is eligible
Marco! AKA Paul Riedy:ball:
The commitment he has given the Club has been superb this season, It has shown how the gates have just gone up and up.
Not only that but atmostphere created in the ground has never been better.
The African drummers, half time entertainment.
I don't even go for my half time pint now!:p
The first few weeks in his position he spent walking round the ground getting feedback notes, he didn't see much of the games himself he is so busy....

Fair dues Marco, super job, congrats on a wonderful season!!!:)

ramsfan
04/11/2007, 9:49 PM
110% agree:D

rambler14
04/11/2007, 9:52 PM
i agree excellent job this year and heres hopin there is many more years to come

depor
04/11/2007, 11:46 PM
I don't know who picks this or what the rules are but I think there can only be one winner if he is eligible
Marco! AKA Paul Riedy:ball:
The commitment he has given the Club has been superb this season, It has shown how the gates have just gone up and up.
Not only that but atmostphere created in the ground has never been better.
The African drummers, half time entertainment.
I don't even go for my half time pint now!:p
The first few weeks in his position he spent walking round the ground getting feedback notes, he didn't see much of the games himself he is so busy....

Fair dues Marco, super job, congrats on a wonderful season!!!:)

ya hes done well but he gets paid well for that, its his job.

MojoPin
05/11/2007, 12:14 AM
100 per cent disagree...

thegafferman
05/11/2007, 1:26 AM
ya hes done well but he gets paid well for that, its his job.

so pray tell how much does he get paid?

chimpster
05/11/2007, 6:24 AM
So what if it's his job!! Anyone with a pair of eyes in their head can see that Paul goes way beyond the call of duty, puts his heart and soul into the work he does. He's made a huge difference around the place, promoting games and bringing new supporters and kids groups into matches. Plus he gives us, the average joe soap supporter, a point of contact within the club which we never really had before.

Vote for Paul!! (and why not buy him a pint too)

chimpster
05/11/2007, 6:48 AM
Think we as a group should have our own awards. We could have a whip-round and buy a pint for each of the winners...

My votes:

PLAYER OF THE YEAR - Dav (just - Murray second)
BEST NEW PLAYER - Guts
GOAL OF THE SEASON - (waiting til after saturday just in case!)
CLUBMAN OF THE YEAR - Paul Reidy
HALL OF FAME - Hendo
HIGH POINT - (waiting til after saturday just in case!)
LOW POINT - Begrudgery/EGM (grrrrrr)

Post up other awards if ye fancy, e.g. best comedy moment, wierdest moment, best away day, etc....

luka
05/11/2007, 6:53 AM
With all due respect and in all fairness Chimpster, if you're gonna run something like that I really don't see why you need to include foot.ie into the bargain unless of course they are willing to sponsor it. I had intended to run that on the new official site when it's released. Why not just start a poll on here

rambler14
05/11/2007, 9:10 AM
Player of the Year: Kevin Murray
Best New Player: John Kearney
Goal of the Season: Graham Cummins vs Wexford
Clubman of the Year: Paul Reidy
Hall of Fame: Hendo
High Point: 2nd half comeback vs Shels
Low Point: Douglas Hall
Best Away Day: Kilkenny 7-0 or Shels 2-1
Unsung Hero: Muckie (Thank god he came back and what a player hes been since)
Golden Boot: Davin O'Neill
Best Comedy Moment: 2 Moments occured during Saturdays match and 1 up in Shels i think could qualify for this category:
1. A monaghan player was shouting at the linesman on the dressing room side of the ground. Me and the great Tabby Reilly saw this and shouted in defence of the linesman claiming How much we like him then we said "we had his back" if he needed help. 2 minutes later Davin went down in the box and the linesmans flag went straight up to award the penalty!
2. Involves Tabby again as a Monaghan player was about to take a long throw Tabby lent over the wall and softly whispered in the players ear "Can I have your phone number?" prompting the Monaghan player to burst into fits of laughter and make a mess of his attempted long throw!
3. When Graham Cummins scored the winner up in Shels I jumped up on the wall behind the goal after about 5 or6 seconds I felt a draft on my legs i then looked down and to my horror my pants were around my ankles but that didn't stop me cheering as with one hand in the air and the other on my pants i got my pants back up to their original starting position!:D:D

The Rebel Ram
05/11/2007, 9:24 AM
So what if it's his job!! Anyone with a pair of eyes in their head can see that Paul goes way beyond the call of duty, puts his heart and soul into the work he does. He's made a huge difference around the place, promoting games and bringing new supporters and kids groups into matches. Plus he gives us, the average joe soap supporter, a point of contact within the club which we never really had before.

Vote for Paul!! (and why not buy him a pint too)

Totally agree, I would have loved to applied for the job but coudn't commit time wise at the moment. I'm delighted I didn't, Marco's energy and enthuasim has been superb. Nobody would have even come close to the work he has done.

ramblers
05/11/2007, 11:03 AM
He is earns his pay which is great for him. Marco has done a great Job there is no doubt about that but given it is his fulltimejob that makes a difference in terms of the time he can put in to it.

The Clubman of the year needs to be someone who gives up his time for free and makes a difference to the Club. Not someone who gets paid to make a difference to the club.

bellavistaman
05/11/2007, 1:12 PM
Without being disrespectful, i would disagree aswell, i would give it to Martin Cambridge, for all the work he puts in to the club, some people were suggesting it last night after the game and i agree with it 100%.

bellavistaman
05/11/2007, 1:19 PM
Player of the Year: Kevin Murray
Best New Player: Guthrie, Kearney out injured too long
Goal of the Season: Reillys second against Dundalk
Clubman of the Year: Martin Cambridge
Hall of Fame: Hendo, or George Mellerick
High Point: 2nd half comeback vs Shels
Low Point: Douglas Hall
Best Away Day:Shels 2-1
Unsung Hero: Muckie

drinkfeckarse
05/11/2007, 2:05 PM
Do we actually have a Hall of Fame!?

chimpster
05/11/2007, 2:28 PM
With all due respect and in all fairness Chimpster, if you're gonna run something like that I really don't see why you need to include foot.ie into the bargain unless of course they are willing to sponsor it. I had intended to run that on the new official site when it's released. Why not just start a poll on here

Hey luka. I'm not talking about some sort of commercial ownership or sponsorship deal. I know you're busy making a swanky new website and you're always thinking 'sponsors' but please chill out a little. :cool:

I just wanted to set up an awards discussion for users of foot.ie as a bit of fun...

luka
05/11/2007, 2:32 PM
Hey luka. I'm not talking about some sort of commercial ownership or sponsorship deal. I know you're busy making a swanky new website and you're always thinking 'sponsors' but please chill out a little. :cool:

I just wanted to set up an awards discussion for users of foot.ie as a bit of fun...

Apologies if I got the wrong end of the stick Chimpster

Marco
05/11/2007, 3:56 PM
He is earns his pay which is great for him. Marco has done a great Job there is no doubt about that but given it is his fulltimejob that makes a difference in terms of the time he can put in to it.

The Clubman of the year needs to be someone who gives up his time for free and makes a difference to the Club. Not someone who gets paid to make a difference to the club.

Like Bella I dont want to be disrespecting anyone who posted here but the clubman of the year should go to someone that has given up their time to do stuff with the club, I think thats only fair, the webmaster would be one name I would put forward... but I'll still take the pint though!

rambler14
05/11/2007, 3:57 PM
Like Bella I dont want to be disrespecting anyone who posted here but the clubman of the year should go to someone that has given up their time to do stuff with the club, I think thats only fair, the webmaster would be one name I would put forward... but I'll still take the pint though!

he got it last year didn't he?

Cici900
05/11/2007, 4:39 PM
Goal of season has to be davs second against mons or cummins v wexford

The Rebel Ram
05/11/2007, 4:47 PM

What do ya drink Marco, I'll deliver it down to ya Saturday night.
Are you staying up or coming back?????

4th-div-are-we
05/11/2007, 5:19 PM
from my information he gets paid the same salary as the bar manager and 50% is paid by the FAI.....and in my opinion hes doing a far better job than the bar manager....

bellavistaman
05/11/2007, 6:07 PM
from my information he gets paid the same salary as the bar manager and 50% is paid by the FAI.....and in my opinion hes doing a far better job than the bar manager....

How in the name of **** can you compare jobs there, your clearly on "the other side". I'll admit paul is doing better at bringing crowds to the games than noel, but noels doing a better job running the bar than paul so its 1 all. Peno comp to decide who's beter.:eek:. Stupid comparison from you. Also i think its unfair to talk wages unless you've facts.

luka
05/11/2007, 6:15 PM
T'was pure class. Just like his father used to do............

4th-div-are-we
05/11/2007, 6:31 PM
Im not on any side.Im just a Ramblers supporter who goes to a lot of games home and away.I also frequent the bar a few times a week and like a lot of the "REGULARS" who go there am very dissatisfied with the way the bar is been run,Its like a morgue there most nights,no atmosphere and only for party`s on a Sat night there would be fu**k all up there and if my memory seves me right Bellavistaman you said the same some months ago on this forum.
as for talking wages it was Gafferman who asked the question and I was only giving my opinion which is what Forums are for.

6yardpunisha
05/11/2007, 6:46 PM
Im not on any side.Im just a Ramblers supporter who goes to a lot of games home and away.I also frequent the bar a few times a week and like a lot of the "REGULARS" who go there am very dissatisfied with the way the bar is been run,Its like a morgue there most nights,no atmosphere and only for party`s on a Sat night there would be fu**k all up there and if my memory seves me right Bellavistaman you said the same some months ago on this forum.
as for talking wages it was Gafferman who asked the question and I was only giving my opinion which is what Forums are for.

will you ever stay on the topic for gods sake, were gone from clubman of the year to the bar managers wages, bit of a divergence off the topic. If you feel that strongly voice your opinion at the AGM

outside in
05/11/2007, 7:46 PM
leave peoples wages off da forum dats none of your concern...if da bar wasnt making money they would fire him so unless u know wats on da books each week keep ur opinion to ur self

ramsfan
05/11/2007, 8:26 PM
i love this forum its like a lesson on how to get from one topic to the polar opposite in a couple of easy steps, great reading:D

depor
06/11/2007, 12:49 AM
mojopin, your intitled to disagree but thats the fact of the matter.

he gets 15 grand from the FAI and that is to be equalled by the club which equals 30K. That is the official line on the matter, all the clubs with a prem licence get one on the condition they equal the pay given by the fai. bohemians are the only club with more than 1, they have 2 or 3 because they pay for it. this information is available on ther official eircom league website.

MojoPin
06/11/2007, 1:00 AM
look maybe ive been abit harsh on "marco" but being the last home game of the saeson i think it could of been promoted better i did not see one poster around town at all and dont try and tell me there was cause i know there wasnt the closest poster to town was at the ferry..... 30k a year to promote the club as depor says is terrible i work about 60 hours a week and still offer time training kids and training myself for free, sorry to sound like a boaster or what ever but if i was offered 15k to do a promotion for ramblers id jumo at the chance..

but in fairness i think the anti racism and other stuff that marco has done is great

luka
06/11/2007, 6:59 AM
Right, it appears that the two threads Clubman of the year and the Ramblers Foot Awards have been merged into the one thread, which to be quite honst, is a royal pain when it comes to reading them. Anyway, I really don't think this is the place to discuss Marco's or anyone elses salaries lads. Marco does a good enough job for what he's being paid

The Rebel Ram
06/11/2007, 10:32 AM
Jees lads I asked about a nomination for clubman of the year and it's gone on to 20 none related topics..........sorry I asked now!:mad:

6yardpunisha
06/11/2007, 3:09 PM
whether someone is paid to do a job or not is irrelevant, Marco has been very thorough in his work and seems passionate about what he does, not all people employed share this trait but saying that I would go for Martin Cambridge for clubman, dedicated to his role and respected by the players

Marco
06/11/2007, 5:33 PM
look maybe ive been abit harsh on "marco" but being the last home game of the saeson i think it could of been promoted better i did not see one poster around town at all and dont try and tell me there was cause i know there wasnt the closest poster to town was at the ferry..... 30k a year to promote the club as depor says is terrible i work about 60 hours a week and still offer time training kids and training myself for free, sorry to sound like a boaster or what ever but if i was offered 15k to do a promotion for ramblers id jumo at the chance..

but in fairness i think the anti racism and other stuff that marco has done is great

This is gas, someone mentions that I should be clubman of the year and now your saying on the same thread that the game on Sunday wasn't promoted right. Do you really think that nearly 2000 people came to the game because of a sign near the ferry! From what you are saying and it has taken a whole season for you to mention this is that I basically haven't earned my wage. Tell you what Mo if you want I can PM a detailed list of what I do, along with how I spend my wages, I can do that also. I couldn't give a fcuk about awards or pats on the back etc, I know what I have done, the club does, as does the FAI.
For the Monaghan game 45 posters were printed and given to people to put up everywhere, as were the remaining road signs(5 were dumped by the council) none were at the Ferry, as for the posters and signs who designs the posters, who puts out the signs, who puts the programme together, who got the flags? Were 90 minutes away from a little bit of history, good luck with the training....

6yardpunisha
06/11/2007, 5:48 PM
This is gas, someone mentions that I should be clubman of the year and now your saying on the same thread that the game on Sunday wasn't promoted right. Do you really think that nearly 2000 people came to the game because of a sign near the ferry! From what you are saying and it has taken a whole season for you to mention this is that I basically haven't earned my wage. Tell you what Mo if you want I can PM a detailed list of what I do, along with how I spend my wages, I can do that also. I couldn't give a fcuk about awards or pats on the back etc, I know what I have done, the club does, as does the FAI.
For the Monaghan game 45 posters were printed and given to people to put up everywhere, as were the remaining road signs(5 were dumped by the council) none were at the Ferry, as for the posters and signs who designs the posters, who puts out the signs, who puts the programme together, who got the flags? Were 90 minutes away from a little bit of history, good luck with the training....

get in there marco lad

rambler14
06/11/2007, 5:55 PM
Marco i only just realised today that u look like Rafa Benitez!

chimpster
06/11/2007, 5:56 PM
Don't rise to ignorance Marco!!!

Marco
06/11/2007, 6:12 PM

Thanks for that, do I speak with alisppp:D

Rambler1
06/11/2007, 6:21 PM
whether someone is paid to do a job or not is irrelevant, Marco has been very thorough in his work and seems passionate about what he does, not all people employed share this trait but saying that I would go for Martin Cambridge for clubman, dedicated to his role and respected by the playersWell said

outside in
06/11/2007, 8:33 PM
after dat rant you just went up a notch in my book:)

gaffer33
06/11/2007, 9:03 PM
after dat rant you just went up a notch in my book:)
Yes totally agree,i wonder will our no.1 supporter be in the running for clubman aswell..:D

depor
07/11/2007, 12:28 AM
i think martin cambridge has done a great job alongside hendo, good partnership. like Hendo he hasnt been given half enough credit. martin for clubman of the year.:)

MojoPin
07/11/2007, 6:10 AM
being honest lads my rant on marco probably wasnt deserved but i just feel that if a junior club like springers can promote their cup tie against a local junior side more than we can promote a possible title decider i think some questions need to be answered.... i personally think the games at half time are a great additaion to match day atmosphere and cresit where its due marco gets them on but id also like to see a big promotin drive say on a friday night in local pubs or on the streets with flyers if their is a game on a sat night. i know man power is a problem but surely droppin a few flyers into every pub and shop in town is a small bit of effort that would reap rewards...? maybe im wrong and its only my opinion but would it??????

chimpster
07/11/2007, 6:42 AM
i just feel that if a junior club like springers can promote their cup tie against a local junior side more than we can promote a possible title decider i think some questions need to be answered.... maybe im wrong and its only my opinion but would it??????

YES YOU ARE WRONG.

I saw no posters for the Springers game as I drove into town on Saturday. We got a bumper crowd against Monaghan thanks in a big part to Marco and the lads.

And anyways, if people would rather watch an insignificant non-league game instead of a vital promotion chaser at Ramblers, then we don't need 'em!

Ye have repeatedly shown yerself to be completely ignorant, clueless and ungracious about the amount of hard work that goes in by Marco and others. If you're unhappy, get down the club and give him a hand. Otherwise, shut up and stop talkin out of yer backside.

The Rebel Ram
07/11/2007, 7:03 AM
being honest lads my rant on marco probably wasnt deserved but i just feel that if a junior club like springers can promote their cup tie against a local junior side more than we can promote a possible title decider i think some questions need to be answered....

I knew nothing of this game only for it clashing with the Ramblers game and a thread was started here!

i personally think the games at half time are a great additaion to match day atmosphere and cresit where its due marco gets them on but id also like to see a big promotin drive say on a friday night in local pubs or on the streets with flyers if their is a game on a sat night.

What pub in the town has any type of a crowd on a Friday night? Most of the people in the pubs just wana be in pubs and would have no intention of going to a match! What Marco has done going round to schools encouraging youngsters to go to games is the way forward I think. I've seen plenty of locals at the games this year who I haven't seen in years at the games, they nearly all have kids who probably dragged them there.

i know man power is a problem but surely droppin a few flyers into every pub and shop in town is a small bit of effort that would reap rewards...? maybe im wrong and its only my opinion but would it??????

How long do you think it will take to get around to all the pubs and shops every couple of weeks? Total waste of time and manpower. Nearly every shop had flyers for under 12's in free at the counter which only had to be delivered once but would last months.

Now please go back in your box and stop talking pure and utter tripe!!!!:mad:

gaffer33
07/11/2007, 7:09 AM
[quote=chimpster;808547]YES YOU ARE WRONG.

And anyways, if people would rather watch an insignificant non-league game instead of a vital promotion chaser at Ramblers, then we don't need 'em!
A bit harsh i think there chimp,"insignificant",thats grassroots football in our town its a pity i know it clashed with rams game cos i know a lot of lads playing in that MUNSTER JUNIOR CUP 3RD ROUND LOCAL DERBY,and a few of our heroes n the rams team on sunday also played grassroots football with either springers or wanderers..

outside in
07/11/2007, 1:40 PM
[quote=chimpster;808547]YES YOU ARE WRONG.

A bit harsh i think there chimp,"insignificant",thats grassroots football in our town its a pity i know it clashed with rams game cos i know a lot of lads playing in that MUNSTER JUNIOR CUP 3RD ROUND LOCAL DERBY,and a few of our heroes n the rams team on sunday also played grassroots football with either springers or wanderers..
agree 100%:D

ramblersnb1
07/11/2007, 3:16 PM

ive an idea for a fundraiser marco shave off ur goatee hand around a few cards nd see how much it makes !!!!!:D:D:p