PDA

View Full Version : Supporters club fight back

rambler14
04/11/2007, 7:11 PM
After our criticisms of the supporters club in recent weeks there was a response from an SC representitive in todays programme who explained what exactly they do. Basically it says:
- That this season they brought in €100,000 to the club which was 20% of the stand costs.
- It explains that because of loan payments they can't afford to run buses!(what do they need loans for?)
- The mascots
- Player of the Month
- Childrens Christmas Party
- Holding a quiz soon
- Also they contributed €4,000 towards Kev Murrays transfer.

Thats all well & good but how many of us are aware of what they've said they do? I compliment them for what they do but we don't here about it. My issues are with their P.R.O whoever he/she is they obviously arn't doing enough to promote the SC.

bellavistaman
05/11/2007, 1:35 PM
After our criticisms of the supporters club in recent weeks there was a response from an SC representitive in todays programme who explained what exactly they do. Basically it says:
- That this season they brought in €100,000 to the club which was 20% of the stand costs.
- It explains that because of loan payments they can't afford to run buses!(what do they need loans for?)
- The mascots
- Player of the Month
- Childrens Christmas Party
- Holding a quiz soon
- Also they contributed €4,000 towards Kev Murrays transfer.

Thats all well & good but how many of us are aware of what they've said they do? I compliment them for what they do but we don't here about it. My issues are with their P.R.O whoever he/she is they obviously arn't doing enough to promote the SC.

Same quiz which was cancelled last week, due to no advertising nobody knowing about it, etc.

A face
05/11/2007, 10:45 PM
Instead of giving out about a supporters club, its normally more productive to help them out. Just my take on things.

MojoPin
06/11/2007, 1:06 AM
ive no problem with the supporters club and im not involved with them but ive been going to st.colmans since i was a tiny fella and i have never onve been asked to join the supporterss club.... is it an exclusive club?

i know the first reply to my post will be why dont u approach them to join. but i feel they should be actively trying to recruit at every home game... more members more money or is this too radical?

A face
07/11/2007, 7:22 AM
i know the first reply to my post will be why dont u approach them to join. but i feel they should be actively trying to recruit at every home game... more members more money or is this too radical?

Maybe they dont have enough people to recruit new members at games, if you got involved then maybe you could take that role on.

MojoPin
07/11/2007, 1:09 PM
quite possible who to approach?

ramblersnb1
07/11/2007, 4:29 PM
qhy not form a break away supporters club if your so unhappy with the current one

MojoPin
07/11/2007, 4:31 PM
i aint unhappy with current one at all...... just didnt know how to get involved

6yardpunisha
07/11/2007, 4:45 PM
i aint unhappy with current one at all...... just didnt know how to get involved
arent their names printed in the matchday programs

MojoPin
07/11/2007, 4:52 PM
im not sure about that ill have a look later on....

A face
07/11/2007, 5:46 PM
Does anyone know the people running the supporters club? Can you get them (or do it on their behalf) to post up details of how to get involved? A contact number, email or whatever?

When are the meetings? Are they monthly?

Can the club make a supporters dedicated section on the website? Likewise in the programme?

Marco
07/11/2007, 5:53 PM
Does anyone know the people running the supporters club? Can you get them (or do it on their behalf) to post up details of how to get involved? A contact number, email or whatever?

Can the club make a supporters dedicated section on the website? Likewise in the programme?

contact 086-2009757 and leave a message

drinkfeckarse
08/11/2007, 7:39 AM

You looking to change sides A face? Feckin bandwagon jumpers :D

Marco
08/11/2007, 11:34 AM
contact 086-2009757 and leave a message

Lads there is a few spaces left in the 3rd bus ordered, can u conatct the above number for info. Also look out for tonights Echo, 2moros Examiner and Nick Richardson on 96fm in the morning!!

luka
08/11/2007, 11:52 AM

All this information will be on the new .ie site. Supporters Club will also have their own direct @cobhramblers.ie address for anyone needing to contact them for anything. The site will include, as suggested by someone earlier, a section where all Supporters Club related information will be available. Any other suggestions can be added to the thread linked below

http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=74931

Ronnie
08/11/2007, 2:51 PM
Lads, plenty of good exapmles from small clubs re supporters club. But would agree that a constant stream of publicity is needed, the LTFC supporters club have a half a page every week in the local papers and on the club website.

MojoPin
08/11/2007, 4:19 PM
All this information will be on the new .ie site. Supporters Club will also have their own direct @cobhramblers.ie address for anyone needing to contact them for anything. The site will include, as suggested by someone earlier, a section where all Supporters Club related information will be available. Any other suggestions can be added to the thread linked below

http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=74931

thats a step in the right direction...... perfect

A face
08/11/2007, 7:25 PM
You looking to change sides A face? Feckin bandwagon jumpers :D

Not at all man, just being friendly to our neighbours like :p