PDA

View Full Version : kildare lasr night

max power
13/05/2003, 9:43 AM
well me first game of the season and what do i think, firstly as i thought we have no midfield--- vinny went off in the second half and i didn't even notice for 10 mins.

paddy looked very strong up front but he semed to lack fitness.

i really think we have a gem in gary murphy, his control on the ball, his crossing the works. get him into the gym and build him up !!!!!!!

Mcgovern is a big man and would suit centre back, i don't think right back suited him.

kirby looked good when he came on.

and i will leave my final word on the team for mr dempsey is goals.... put simpley WHAT A DONKEY, he can't even kick out a ball. kildare's goal came from a very poor kick out (from his hands ) which didn't even reach the half way line, this allowed hughes (i think) to gather the ball, run 10 yards and stick it in the back of the net.

just before the end of the first half silke with off with an injury which seemed to be causing him a great deal of pain.

all in all an average performance but the younger players played well. another thing vinny was captain but everyone was shouting and telling eachother what to do ( to many chiefs ).

nice goal by paddy after 2 mins, a cross bicycle kicked into the back of the kildare net, next it was the turn of silke who stuck a header from a corner over the goal line and finally foley witha long range shot which took a deflection and beat the keeper.

roll on pats on friday and the midland old firm against athlone early next week( has a date been fixed for this match yet)

team: dempsey, john,silke,foley,mcgovern,murphy, perth,keogh,prunty,barrett,mulvehill

subs used : dillon for silke - kirby for murphy - lavine for perth

martinho
13/05/2003, 12:24 PM
I was speaking to Butch who was speaking to Alan matthews and that Athlone match is definitely on Tuesday next.

max power
13/05/2003, 12:27 PM
thats good to hear, we should get a good crowd out for the midland old firm

gheewhizz
13/05/2003, 11:37 PM
LTFC v Athlone is on Tuesday 20th 7:30pm in Flancare

Xlex
14/05/2003, 8:55 AM
an excellent report of the Kildare County LC cup is provided on Flansiro.net, courtesy of The Longford Casual....