04/11/2007, 4:17 PM
The smell of promotion in the air :D
Although I am weary of talkin about it until we beat Athlone :(
COME ON THE RAMS!!!!!!!!!!!

Andy Gray: "Wot a game wev had today, wot a game"
I think that sums up the Mons game :D

rambler14
04/11/2007, 4:30 PM
If we play like that in Athlone we can forget about winning the league because Monaghan will beat us.
I thought we couldn't get worse than our 1st half performance in Shels but today we were absolutely shocking in the 1st half.
We need to find a penalty taker who doesn't miss more often than he scores for Saturday night.
Credit to Davin though, somebody had to step up and Davin was the man to do that took his goals really well, he should have had at least 2 more but who cares we won 2-1 and we are top of the league 1 point ahead with one game to go!
James McCarthy did his best again to lose it for us but thank god the other 10 lads know how to recover. 2 games in a row hes cocked up in now, i'd be very worried if he is our keeper next year. I personally think Stephen Deasy is a better keeper.

Pablo Escobar
04/11/2007, 5:34 PM
Was down there today, Davin O'Neill looks a fabulous player. Best player on the pitch in both halves!

ramsfan
04/11/2007, 6:29 PM
lads no negative this is the biggesty week of our lifes lets enjoy and look forward positively.
james has been outstanding this year everyone makes mistakes so lay off him:D

4th-div-are-we
04/11/2007, 6:53 PM
ya lads every player f***s up but he just got unlucky 2 games in a row like sami hyypia for liverpool 2 o.g's and he probably wont score another 1 in his career its just bad timing and the pressure getting to him...personally i would of put carey on the pennos but its not my decision...now all the small talk aside,its time to get down to the point...;i cant see finn harps losin points to kilkenny on saturday nite but stranger things have happened...the only game we need to worry about is our own...athlone proved to be a strong team even under the pressure of cameras the other nite so we cant slip up and play like we did in the first half today and in tolka park..we have to get in to the game from the first whistle instead of waiting 45 minutes to see what they can do.....well done today lads we won but it wasn't a great display of football,like matches before,we are capable of doing it, we know we are capable of doing it,and hopefuly we will do it...hopefully we will have a great travelling support up there to cheer on the mighty rams....

C.R.F.C,olé olé olé

rambler14
04/11/2007, 6:57 PM
[B][I]ya lads every player f***s up but he just got unlucky 2 games in a row like sami hyypia for liverpool 2 o.g's and he probably wont score another 1 in his career its just bad timing and the pressure getting to him...

Please don't compare ramblers to liverpool thats the last thing we need!:D:D:D

Comic Book Guy
04/11/2007, 7:13 PM
F*** me but that was nerve racking, it was a very nervous display but nobody should remember performances as it's results are all that matter now, thought Davin's second was a gem of a goal but I think both fans and players got nervous as the missed chances clocked up.
Great credit is due to Monaghan who had a half strength team and had right rattle off it.

rambler14
04/11/2007, 7:33 PM
Lads my dad was telling me that in 1983 there was a sign out in belvelly that said "Last one out turn off the lights" it got me thinking how good it would be that for saturday's exodus to athlone that the sign be put back up to spur on the team and the fans who are travelling up saturday. Anybody in favour of it?

don ramo
04/11/2007, 7:33 PM
wasnt there lads but was keepin up to date with it all (hiding from my supervisor) great work lads from what ive heard it wasnt pretty but this is crunch time skill is out the door results and reults alone will decide our faith, now the players know what exactly is needed next week one win one last houraa, and it over the title will be ours,
they will be remebered forever as the team that won us the league, if this group of lads are kept together they will achieve thing beyond our wildest dreams, they are a fantastic bunch of lads,

congrats lads and to hendo also,
will see ye in athlone c'mon the rams:ball::ball::ball:

Da-Mini
04/11/2007, 8:24 PM
Im tellin ya I cant wait for next weekend. Its gonna be some match like. :D
Lads looked nervous in the 1st half 2day but they came out 2nd all guns blazing fair play to them :)
I used to be a keeper myself nd we all make mistakes. I can think of plenty of times this year that McCarthy has kept us in it. Great Keeper.
Id be up for putting up that sign again. Does anybody have it or will we make another one. :D
COME ON THE LADS!!!!

RAMBLERS TILL I DIE
RAMBLERS TILL I DIE
I KNOW I AM
I KNOW I AM
IM RAMBLERS TILL I DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Rebel Ram
04/11/2007, 8:55 PM
What a game!!!!
Lets just hope they are saving up all the goals for next week:o
First half was very poor, players were a bit too nervous I think.
Fair dues though, they gotstuck in straight away in the second half.
Awful goal to give away but then again they should their true spirit by equalising within 2 mins
It will hopefully benifit them for next week, they know they can't let their nerves get the better of them
If today was good I can't wait for next week!!!!!!!!!
How am I supposed to eat or sleep for the week!!!!!!!!!:p:D

Marco
04/11/2007, 9:16 PM
Great Support today, 1500 attendance, watched my first game of the season also! lads that was nerve racking.

The Rebel Ram
04/11/2007, 9:19 PM
Great Support today, 1500 attendance, watched my first game of the season also! lads that was nerve racking.

Brilliant crowd considering there was noaway support, and with the Springers/Wanderers game

Marco
04/11/2007, 9:22 PM
Brilliant crowd considering there was noaway support, and with the Springers/Wanderers game

Couldn't believe the queue outside 10 minutes after kick off, I have said it all along there's huge potential at this club, people just need to believe it. Best moment of the game for me was at the end when I heard the kids from Watergrasshill singing "were gonna win the league" ... class

The Rebel Ram
04/11/2007, 9:23 PM
Best moment of the game for me was at the end when I heard the kids from Watergrasshill singing "were gonna win the league" ... class

LOL

gaffer33
04/11/2007, 9:47 PM
just to remember that springers 2nd team were also playing away in garryduff at 2pm..could of also added to attendance..:)

rambler14
04/11/2007, 9:51 PM
the best moment of the game was the full time whistle. it eased the pressure on my heart!

gaffer33
04/11/2007, 9:52 PM
Anyone know about b&b's,stayed in athlone 2 years ago for cup game and stayed in a place just over bridge,pub downstairs b&b upstairs anybody got the name or number..

The Rebel Ram
04/11/2007, 9:55 PM
Anyone know about b&b's,stayed in athlone 2 years ago for cup game and stayed in a place just over bridge,pub downstairs b&b upstairs anybody got the name or number..

I only cancelled my room in the shamrock hotel an hour ago. 0906492601 is num. Quote Rams for discount. €45 pp or €50 single

depor
04/11/2007, 9:59 PM

1500, that is the biggest load of bull**** ive ever heard. 2500 absolute minimum.

rambler14
04/11/2007, 10:00 PM
i wud hav thought at least 2000

Battery Rover
04/11/2007, 10:17 PM

Everything you need is listed here (http://www.athlone.ie/athlonedirectory/listings.aspx?parID=13ce53aa-fbf2-4109-b39d-f2c9c608cfe8)

but eh Shamrock Lodge would be the best place to stay. Late bar and good food available there

There are two places you could be on about one is Higgins Bar (across the road from Garda barracks) and the second is the Riverside Inn (in the main square opposite the church)

gaffer33
04/11/2007, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the info i think it might be the riverside inn alrite,cheers,see ya up there..

gaffer33
04/11/2007, 10:29 PM
Just checked out your site its defo higgins b&b as far as i know,cheers..

Rambler1
04/11/2007, 10:53 PM
James McCarthy did his best again to lose it for us but thank god the other 10 lads know how to recover. 2 games in a row hes cocked up in now, i'd be very worried if he is our keeper next year. I personally think Stephen Deasy is a better keeper. Think your a bit harsh on him, especially as central cog in back line Kevin Murray was missing. We all have our own opinion but personally i think he has been one of our best players all year. He is one of the reasons why we have meanest defense in league, no doubt about that. As for Deasy, he will get his time and yes hes also a very good keeper.

rambler14
04/11/2007, 10:58 PM
McCarthy hasn't played a full season! Deasy came in to the team in the middle of the 27 unbeaten run for 11 games i think and kept 8 clean sheets.
Now Murray was missing today and he was missing last week but r u seriously telling me ,Murray would have influenced Mons goal today that was all McCarthys faullt as was the goal in Shels last week.
Not only that the boy can't kick for biscuits and his decision making is poor. He's a good shot stopper and thats about it.
I'm not the only fan who feels this way there is fans over on the terrace who agree with me and i've talked to people on foot.ie at matches and they agree with me too.

don ramo
04/11/2007, 11:17 PM
how may clean sheets did he keep 12, come on now lads, why is someone picked for bashing you could easily say the player who gave it away, or kicked it out, could go on, but McCarthy is a great keeper so he made maybe one or two mistakes, i wouldnt drop a player with his skills, takes more than a defence to keep that amount of clean sheets we have two very talented keepers at our club and we will need all there skills to keep us in the prem next year, so no bashing, the team get promoted as a team, i honestly couldnt pick a bad player this year,

now with a game to go lads who was player of the year, a lot to be said, is it one of our defenders, for the wall they built during the year, a midfielder for givin just as much bashing as they got, and running up and down st.colemans pitch so much they know where the worms manes, or one of our strikers for shooting us into the sky, hard decision, hate to be the one to make it,

Rambler1
04/11/2007, 11:18 PM
McCarthy hasn't played a full season! Deasy came in to the team in the middle of the 27 unbeaten run for 11 games i think and kept 8 clean sheets.
Now Murray was missing today and he was missing last week but r u seriously telling me ,Murray would have influenced Mons goal today that was all McCarthys faullt as was the goal in Shels last week.
Not only that the boy can't kick for biscuits and his decision making is poor. He's a good shot stopper and thats about it.
I'm not the only fan who feels this way there is fans over on the terrace who agree with me and i've talked to people on foot.ie at matches and they agree with me too.Fair enough, as I said every one thinks different, Of course missing the normal centre half of Murrays quality in front of you makes a difference. And as u point out he was also missing last week when another poor goal was given away. McCarthy record speaks for itself Played 25 games conceded approx 10

Q why was dave the save brought in?

rambler14
05/11/2007, 9:00 AM
now with a game to go lads who was player of the year, a lot to be said, is it one of our defenders, for the wall they built during the year, a midfielder for givin just as much bashing as they got, and running up and down st.colemans pitch so much they know where the worms manes, or one of our strikers for shooting us into the sky, hard decision, hate to be the one to make it,

I'd go with Kevin Murray an absolute rock at the back. I loved watchin his charging runs up the pitch during the season:D Especially down in Limerick a couple of weeks ago he must have ran the pitch 3 times. Not only that he's our biggest threat at corners and anytime we had a player sent off Murray just raised his game in order to protect the scoreline. Top Man Kev!:)

bellavistaman
05/11/2007, 1:30 PM
If we play like that in Athlone we can forget about winning the league because Monaghan will beat us.
I thought we couldn't get worse than our 1st half performance in Shels but today we were absolutely shocking in the 1st half.
We need to find a penalty taker who doesn't miss more often than he scores for Saturday night.
Credit to Davin though, somebody had to step up and Davin was the man to do that took his goals really well, he should have had at least 2 more but who cares we won 2-1 and we are top of the league 1 point ahead with one game to go!
James McCarthy did his best again to lose it for us but thank god the other 10 lads know how to recover. 2 games in a row hes cocked up in now, i'd be very worried if he is our keeper next year. I personally think Stephen Deasy is a better keeper.

Muppet never heard so much tripe in life. Bilko has been unbelievable all season long, Deasy isnt up to it yet, and looked very shaky at times, where Bilko has been a saviour all season. Finn Harps away when we lost, Bilko was unbelievable, one of the best individual performances all season, fact. If we play like that im pretty sure we'll win the league, considering we missed two penos and all, and hit the crossbar twice.

1500, that is the biggest load of bull**** ive ever heard. 2500 absolute minimum.

Agree 100%, Rams attendances always sound miles off the mark,there was no bloddy way that there was the same amount people there than at the dundalk game. Defintly well over 2000 yesterday.

I'm not the only fan who feels this way there is fans over on the terrace who agree with me and i've talked to people on foot.ie at matches and they agree with me too.

Your on foot.ie and nobody is agreeing with you, dont have the slightest how you can say bilko is dodgy, his handling away to dundalk won us the point that day too.

outside in
05/11/2007, 2:03 PM
great crowd for da game well over 1500 but there was no noise...small group up da top right hand corner made the effort.wots da point of a full house when no one opens their mouth
p.s. i see rams no. 1 fan came back!!!!!!!!!!

rambler14
05/11/2007, 3:54 PM
Your on foot.ie and nobody is agreeing with you, dont have the slightest how you can say bilko is dodgy, his handling away to dundalk won us the point that day too.

I'm entitled to my opinion as is every one here!

Marco
05/11/2007, 3:58 PM
Agree 100%, Rams attendances always sound miles off the mark,there was no bloddy way that there was the same amount people there than at the dundalk game. Defintly well over 2000 yesterday.

Only telling what I was told

gaffer33
05/11/2007, 4:39 PM
All this coming from an 18 year old student..Very experienced opinion:rolleyes:

rambler14
05/11/2007, 4:41 PM
Its just my opinion stop choppin me down over it. I'll admit hes not that bad a keeper but he makes for very nervous watchin.

rammie
05/11/2007, 4:52 PM
A Squad wins or loses a league... individuals make mistakes. It is wrong to pick on any individual and focus on a particular performance... you have to judge a player over a season.

There is no question of this teams ability but a league winning team is also tested for mental strength.

7.45pm 10/11/07 ..... A very good Ramblers team

9.35pm 10/11/07...... LEGENDS

C'mon You Rams

rambler14
05/11/2007, 4:55 PM
I don't want to have to defend my opinion again so no more of this please. By 9.35pm Saturday the lads will be legends and regular fixtures on Eircom League Weekly.
To prove my tune has changed Bilko will be Man of the Match on Saturday night.

bellavistaman
05/11/2007, 5:02 PM
I don't want to have to defend my opinion again so no more of this please. By 9.35pm Saturday the lads will be legends and regular fixtures on Eircom League Weekly.
To prove my tune has changed Bilko will be Man of the Match on Saturday night.

i ****in hope he's not, keepers MOTM is never a good sign, hopefully he wont get a touch.

rambler14
05/11/2007, 5:03 PM
Man of the match because he saved a penalty set up Cummins and Dav for goals and also scored with a kick-out in a huge prevailing wind.

outside in
05/11/2007, 7:51 PM
Man of the match because he saved a penalty set up Cummins and Dav for goals and also scored with a kick-out in a huge prevailing wind.
i was thinking dat very same thing:D

rambler14
05/11/2007, 7:52 PM
I think we all were!:rolleyes:

4th-div-are-we
05/11/2007, 9:23 PM
great crowd for da game well over 1500 but there was no noise...small group up da top right hand corner made the effort.wots da point of a full house when no one opens their mouth

yes i agree,more noise is needed as you can see from pics on the webpage there was only about 40-45 singing in a crowd of possibly 2000...according to my calculations:confused: thats about 2%...watta joke even if we got 50% clapping or singing some songs we would have the place rocking...i'v heard stories that you could hear us 2% in ballyleary and passage....wat if it was 50% think about it....and yes well done to jk for returning...he mad some amount of noise....plenty of new songs in the corner too lads....

QUE SERA SERA WHATEVER WILL BE WILL BE WE'RE GOING TO WIN THE LEAGUE QUE SERA SERA...

rambler14
05/11/2007, 9:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eESDzG7A9SE
Makes good viewing lads i'd watch it!:D:D:D

Roddy Collins loves Parkhouse!

depor
05/11/2007, 10:55 PM

ive told u before about ur digs at the individual ur referring to there. why do u have a grudge against him, he loves the rams and if he ddosnt go to a game theres a good reason for it. the fact is he gets the crowd going, how many times did u get the crowd going gob****e.

6yardpunisha
06/11/2007, 12:26 AM
ive told u before about ur digs at the individual ur referring to there. why do u have a grudge against him, he loves the rams and if he ddosnt go to a game theres a good reason for it. the fact is he gets the crowd going, how many times did u get the crowd going gob****e.

1 word for you depor, ****

depor
06/11/2007, 12:37 AM
1 word for you depor, ****

i dont know what that word is???

6yardpunisha
06/11/2007, 8:27 AM
i dont know what that word is???

its not nice

MojoPin
06/11/2007, 1:59 PM
its not nice

ha ha :) :cool::cool:

4th-div-are-we
06/11/2007, 2:00 PM
ah lads we need to put a stop to this...lets get back to the subject about 4 days 6 hours and 30 minutes away...winning the league i'm obsessed its all i can think about honestly and i bet theirs a lot of others people feeling the same....

thegafferman
06/11/2007, 2:24 PM
ah lads we need to put a stop to this...lets get back to the subject about 4 days 6 hours and 30 minutes away...winning the league i'm obsessed its all i can think about honestly and i bet theirs a lot of others people feeling the same....

been a rams fan for along time ... i rem 1983 this team can go all the way its a buzz like no other .... come on sat quick.....:ball: