PDA

View Full Version : Tonights game...

RedX
12/05/2003, 10:40 PM
There was a good turn out for tonights game against Ramblers.There must have been around 2,000 i reckon.It was a fairly poor game only getting going for the last few minutes of each half.City had a strong team out with six first team regulars playing.Dan Murray,Greg,Flynnie,Hedderman,George and Doyle joined by Carey,Kevin Murray,Deccie,Behan and Mooney.I ask myself did anyone play well?..Answer is no!To be honest Ramblers were not troubled to much at all during the game by City,but at the same time Ramblers are an average team so that tells you exactly how City played.I dont want to go into the problem to much because its been said so many times now but with each game going by its getting clearer and clearer.WE HAVE A PROBLEM IN MIDFIELD....

In fairness to Ramblers they did everything easy and did it well.Kabia like in the pre-season game in Colmans park again played right back and he did very well there too(hard to beleive i know).He is actually good on the ball.Biscuits was man of the match easily with a few great saves especially one in the last minute at point blank range.That man is getting younger and as always is a great character.Ramblers fate now rests on how they will do against Kerry District.I would like to see them get a good run in the cup if City go out.They are a great club and i think most genuine City fans support them on the sly without saying it...

Lastly,i just hope that City can get another few results together and stay in contention until the transfer window opens,because we really do need one or two new players...

applehunter
12/05/2003, 11:36 PM
I thought Greg played very well. City had a lot of the ball but only rarely did they look dangerous. I thought Colin P did ok when he came on. Biscuits was definately MOTM, he made 4/5 good saves. I thought George was good on the ball but more often than not did not give the simple pass. Behan did well I thought and was in on goal but was called offside.

i thought the little rat of a linesman was blind. 3 times in a row he called offside when it clearly wasn't. For the Behan one, Behan started his run behind the defender and just beat him for pace. He then got Pat Dolan sent off because Dolan was arguing with him.

Crap refs...

Good crowd turned up. I can't believe they charged 10 euro to get in though. When I went to the match in Cobh for the Munster Senior Cup they let me in for a euro.

razor
13/05/2003, 7:28 AM
Alan Kelly owes us all that tenner back, himself and his 2 incompetents ruined what could have been a decent evenings entertainment.
City created about 5 or 6 chances, Biscuits made 3 or 4 excellent saves and Cobh created more or less nothing.

God Almighty sometimes I wonder why I bother:(

patsh
13/05/2003, 8:11 AM
Ramblers must be trying to achieve some sort of record for nil all games.
Very, very poor, game, and yet only for Harrington making 6 excellent saves, Eddie Foley forgetting to bring his glasses, and the other linesman acting like Stevie Wonder, City could have scored 5 or 6 goals.
Very frustrating match, and a bit of a worry creeping in now after this and Waterford.
Lots of possession, but doing nothing with it.

BTW, watching the Multi last night and Eircom League Weekly, it was disgraceful to see O'Connor, Waterford keeper, giving George a hefty dig in the stomach after the penalty. I reckon he should be reported for that.

kilbrin
13/05/2003, 8:17 AM
Is there a play-off if Cobh beat Kerry DL 2-0 or whats the story.

vssn
13/05/2003, 8:33 AM
Only players to impress were Greg and Behan, for all our possession we created very little, we need someone to get on the ball more in midfield and control things. Biscuits made some fine saves. Like the Waterford game the opposition seemed more up for it than us.
Tenner in was a bit steep for a League Cup game, only a fiver for game V Kerry DL.

Colm
13/05/2003, 2:32 PM
It was a very poor game, however if it wasn't for Biscuits we would have probably won it well.
I can't believe that people are saying that it was a good crowd, 2000 max I'd say. I was very dissappointed with that turnout, I would have hoped for about 3500.
One other thing, I went up to the St. Annes End in the second half and what a bunch of dry bags they are up there. Every time we opened our mouths we had fellas turning around looking stupidly at us, do they not realise they are at a football match?!

NorthoftheLee
13/05/2003, 3:34 PM
One other thing, I went up to the St. Annes End in the second half and what a bunch of dry bags they are up there. Every time we opened our mouths we had fellas turning around looking stupidly at us, do they not realise they are at a football match?!

Ya why did ye end up there...???? Was suprised when the grassy knoll emptied just before the second half....as well as most of the shed..well of what was there in the first place....

James
13/05/2003, 3:40 PM
Originally posted by NorthoftheLee
Was suprised when the grassy knoll emptied just before the second half..

in all fairness someone did mention we go for a 'greg' :) just before halftime
so we did

Colm
13/05/2003, 5:05 PM
Originally posted by NorthoftheLee
Ya why did ye end up there...????

Wasn't my idea and I can safely say I won't be watching a game from there again in a hurry. Nice view and all that but just not for me!

Originally posted by James
in all fairness someone did mention we go for a 'greg' just before halftime so we did

It's just a pity that we didn't stay there for the second half and had a few more 'Gregs', not like we'd have missed anything!

patsh
13/05/2003, 6:59 PM
Lads, a question for ye (especially Ref !).
I dragged a buddy along with me last night, (and yes I actually do have some !;) ), and we both thought that Harrington should not have been allowed to pick up the ball again after he had thrown it out
(in the first half, he threw it out but it went across the pitch towards the Donie Ford stand and he ran after it and picked it up again)
Is that legal?
I realise that Kelly could not have missed that, but I always thought that it was not allowed.

cheekyais
13/05/2003, 8:31 PM
Why is it that we never get a fair ref or linesmen? Their decisions last night were totally crap. Kelly spent most of the night FIXING his hair. He is such a poser!!!! Thought Greg had a very good match and that Colin P should have been brought on earlier. When Billy came on the Cobh Fellas went for him ever time he got the ball:mad:

Pablo Escobar
13/05/2003, 9:13 PM
Originally posted by oddboy
Lads, a question for ye (especially Ref !).
I dragged a buddy along with me last night, (and yes I actually do have some !;) ), and we both thought that Harrington should not have been allowed to pick up the ball again after he had thrown it out
(in the first half, he threw it out but it went across the pitch towards the Donie Ford stand and he ran after it and picked it up again)
Is that legal?
I realise that Kelly could not have missed that, but I always thought that it was not allowed.
No, it's not!
I was playing for Kilreen a few years ago against Richmond and after a hard fought match 1-0 in injury time, our keeper dropped the ball and picked it up and they got an indirect free! The ball hit me on the line, came off the bar and I just headed it away!

super rambler
13/05/2003, 9:22 PM
fair ****s to ya red x.. of course the rams players went for billy woods he deserved it after his disgraceful tackle on zico could of finished his career the players werent the only people who went after him so did the fans after the game

ramsie
13/05/2003, 9:31 PM
[ Deleted by Vetinari ]

Colm
13/05/2003, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by ramsie
BILLY WOODS IS A HOM*SEXUAL

And what exactly do you base that insightful assumption upon??? Obviously it's not from personal experience so it must be just one of your little fantasies!!!:rolleyes:

You really are some idiot Ramsie.

patsh
14/05/2003, 9:12 AM
Didn't ye know Colm?
ramsie spends his time with the Sailor boys!!:D

As for you, super rambler :rolleyes: , justifying thuggery on the field and hooliganism off it, is why your sh*tty little club is destined to forever be just that, a sh*tty little club.

ramsie
14/05/2003, 11:02 PM
Typical Cork city cant take it that ye couldnt beat a small 1st division club.