PDA

View Full Version : Karl Pilkington

citizenerased
02/11/2007, 12:14 PM
anyone a fan of the k man and and the Ricky Gervais podcast...

Hes got a head like a orange!!:p

jebus
02/11/2007, 12:22 PM
Used to listen to it alright, is it still going?

Favourite Pilkington observation was,

Pilkington: Why does everybody hate Callum Best so much?

Gervais: It's because he's only famous because his father is famous

Pilkington: Yeah but you could say the same about Jesus

:D:D:D

citizenerased
02/11/2007, 12:30 PM
Yeah its the most popular podcast in the world, ya get get them on iTunes..other favourites

Why is it ya never see a Chinese homeless fella?

Why is it ya never see an old bloke eating a twix?

The Chinese dont age well, ya never see one thats about thirty they either look 15 or 45....!!

LOL

theworm2345
07/11/2011, 3:07 PM
Its very rare to actually hear me laugh but I nearly ****ed myself when he started belting out Van Halen.

Dunny
07/11/2011, 9:56 PM
He's fantastic! Never miss An Idiot Abroad

SkStu
07/11/2011, 11:15 PM
it all just seems so massively scripted/staged to me. Funny at times but scripted nonetheless.

Jofspring
14/11/2011, 9:32 PM
it all just seems so massively scripted/staged to me. Funny at times but scripted nonetheless.

Going on listening to Karl Pilkington from the start I think he is genuine. Fair enough he is being purposely put in situations now cause they know his reactions will be funny and in the beginning it was more genuine but I still think he is hilarious in a strange way.

theworm2345
14/11/2011, 9:52 PM
Going on listening to Karl Pilkington from the start I think he is genuine. Fair enough he is being purposely put in situations now cause they know his reactions will be funny and in the beginning it was more genuine but I still think he is hilarious in a strange way.
Yeah those XFM podcasts can't be scripted just judging by Ricky and Steve's reactions.

SkStu
18/11/2011, 1:02 AM

dont get me wrong, he is funny but i think he's playing a character now as opposed to genuinely holding the views or having the reactions that he has... i dunno, on the extras for Politics he came across very funny and genuine (and the podcasts too) but the TV shows are very contrived in my opinion.

stann
18/11/2011, 9:16 AM
I don't know... on the whole I still think he is genuine, but there are certainly times where the persona seems to slip alright.
Like at the end of the African episode when he's laughing at Ricky Gervais on the phone talking about the two and a half grand he owes, the gorilla suit and that. Seems to show a level of awareness that the 'character' is not supposed to have.
On the other hand, his reaction to the place they stopped briefly at in the Route 66 episode, with all the rubbish-sculptures, the bottle trees and so on; you can imagine if Billy Connolly, or anyone else for that matter, did that it'd be a "some people might think this is crazy, but personally I love it" kind of thing. Karl's bizarre first thought is how hard you're making it to sell it on if you wanted to move. Don't think anyone could script banal oddity like that. :laugh:

He also really does have an incredibly round head.