PDA

View Full Version : Watching the game tonight?

cheifo
02/11/2007, 10:56 AM
Great anticipation in Donegal ahead of Finn Harps V Athlone match tonight.As EL fans we seem to spend a lot of our lives discussing whats wrong with our clubs and the league so its wonderful when there is something positive to look forward to.Whats particularly heartening is the huge amount of kis/teenagers about the place wearing Harps jersies and jackets(a big seller locally).Hope the excitment transmits itself to the watching television audience.I appreciate most of you will be away watching your own club but was just wondering will there be any of you tuning in?.
Cannot wait:)

BleusAvantTout
02/11/2007, 10:59 AM
I'll be watching..........as usual!!! :cool:

The Rebel Ram
02/11/2007, 11:00 AM
I'll be tuning in to view an historic Athlone Town victory!!!!:D

passinginterest
02/11/2007, 11:09 AM
I'll be tuning in if I don't go to Dalymount to see Bohs and Longford. Weather is nice so might go to Dalymount.

De Town
02/11/2007, 11:23 AM
I'll be tuning in if I don't go to Dalymount to see Bohs and Longford. Weather is nice so might go to Dalymount.

Fair weather fan! :D

passinginterest
02/11/2007, 11:24 AM
Fair weather fan! :D

Exactly :D

Sam_Heggy
02/11/2007, 11:37 AM
I'll give ye a wave :cool:
Massive buzz about Donegal these last few weeks. Real hard-core GAA areas are getting behind Harps, fans travelling from all over just to be part of it all. Massive game for us, hopefully a full house and a great atmosphere with 2 of the supporters clubs (F.B.T.N and Strabane) really making a big effort in preparing colour and noise to the whole situation.
If anyone doubts why we support LOI, then this is why, tell them to go to, Finn Park, St.Colmans park, United Park, Lissywollen (Cobh's last game) or Buckley park (Harps last game) over the next 2 weekends and see what its all about. I can think of nothing else other than Harps for the last few weeks, you just dont get the same buzz from watching Liverpool, Man U, Arsenal or any other foreign team, well I dont anyways.
Phew, got that outta my system, annnddd relax :p

Raheny Red
02/11/2007, 11:38 AM
Great anticipation in Donegal ahead of Finn Harps V Athlone match tonight.As EL fans we seem to spend a lot of our lives discussing whats wrong with our clubs and the league so its wonderful when there is something positive to look forward to.Whats particularly heartening is the huge amount of kis/teenagers about the place wearing Harps jersies and jackets(a big seller locally).Hope the excitment transmits itself to the watching television audience.I appreciate most of you will be away watching your own club but was just wondering will there be any of you tuning in?.
Cannot wait:)

Nope, off to Shels v The Blades tonight.

btid1
02/11/2007, 11:46 AM
Hopefully its a good spectacle and does the 1st div proud.

Plenty of noise and colour please Harps fans!!

superfrank
02/11/2007, 11:54 AM
I'll be watching as I'm not going to Drogheda for the awards ceremony.

Hope it's a good one.

The Rebel Ram
02/11/2007, 12:08 PM
If anyone doubts why we support LOI, then this is why, tell them to go to, Finn Park, St.Colmans park, United Park, Lissywollen (Cobh's last game) or Buckley park (Harps last game) over the next 2 weekends and see what its all about. I can think of nothing else other than Harps for the last few weeks, you just dont get the same buzz from watching Liverpool, Man U, Arsenal or any other foreign team, well I dont anyways.
Phew, got that outta my system, annnddd relax :p

Agreed.......can't get a better buzz........So don't go ruining it for me by winning your last two games.........:p

Réiteoir
02/11/2007, 12:53 PM
Nah - I'll go down my local pub and watch the game from the English Leagues thats on instead

;)

Mr A
02/11/2007, 12:54 PM
Who's playing?

BrayUnknowns
02/11/2007, 1:02 PM
I'll be watching as I'm not going to Drogheda for the awards ceremony.

Hope it's a good one.

Em... small matter of Bray needing 3 points to stay out of the play off spot :mad:

Réiteoir
02/11/2007, 1:07 PM
Who's playing?

Live Victory Shield Schoolboy Football

England's young guns take on Wales at AFC Telford in a Sky Sports Victory Shield encounter. Wales were the only team to take points from title-winning England last year.

Mr A
02/11/2007, 1:10 PM
Mouth Watering.

superfrank
02/11/2007, 1:56 PM
Em... small matter of Bray needing 3 points to stay out of the play off spot :mad:
Obviously you're a Bray fan I haven't met. I'm known for NOT going to many away matches. So far this season I've been to one and that was for free in UCD.

In every match we need three points but somehow I doubt we'll get anything tonight.

Réiteoir
02/11/2007, 1:56 PM
Aye - i've had to deploy a bucket due to the amount of saliva

Seriously though - i've nothing better to do this evening so I'll be watching over the web

jmurphyc
02/11/2007, 2:09 PM
I'll probably be watching. I was going to go to Dalymount but I'm so broke at the moment I probably can't even afford the match ticket.

Da-Mini
02/11/2007, 8:10 PM
Im watching rite now. COME ON ATHLONE!!!!!
UP THE RAMBLERS!!!! :D
Seriouslly ladsmay the best team win the title.
Id say we both deserve it.

kdjaC
02/11/2007, 8:16 PM
Athlone safe from relgation now :confused:

kdjac

don ramo
02/11/2007, 9:00 PM
great work by the lads and all associated with athlone, it os now our to thorw away,

by the way ill have ye money ready for you and the lads after the game next week michael:D;)

Ash
02/11/2007, 9:09 PM
Athlone safe from relgation now :confused:

kdjac

Robbie Hamms 2nd ever LoI start??????
Colin Fortune the Galway player???

And did thy say that we played Inter Milan?

atfconline
02/11/2007, 9:10 PM
great work by the lads and all associated with athlone, it os now our to thorw away

Don't forget you are away to us next week, where you failed to win earlier in the season!

BleusAvantTout
02/11/2007, 11:00 PM
I only watched the first half ............it was like watching paint dry!!! :rolleyes:

DmanDmythDledge
03/11/2007, 12:03 AM
Harps choke as usual.

Except for that time when...

kdjaC
03/11/2007, 12:20 AM
I only watched the first half ............it was like watching paint dry!!! :rolleyes:

So as a linfield fan it was like sex?

kdjac

don ramo
03/11/2007, 12:30 AM
Don't forget you are away to us next week, where you failed to win earlier in the season!

E1000 a man do ye:D

dcfcsteve
03/11/2007, 3:36 AM
Fcuk sake Harps. The last thing the Premier Division needs is Cobh Ramblers, and the last thing City needs is the prospect of a trip to Co Cork for a Setanta play-off.

fingers crossed for the right result tomorrow night....

Derry
03/11/2007, 10:20 AM

Hell will freeze over before there is ever an IL 1st div game on the TV.

There would have been more at that game last night than all the 1st div games played today in the IL.

And you could probably throw in some of the Premier games as well.

Sam_Heggy
03/11/2007, 10:23 AM
We choked big time, played "hoof football" and James Gallagher made his one and only f*ck up all season :(
I dont know if I can hack another play-off for promotion.

The Rebel Ram
03/11/2007, 10:23 AM
Fcuk sake Harps. The last thing the Premier Division needs is Cobh Ramblers, and the last thing City needs is the prospect of a trip to Co Cork for a Setanta play-off.

fingers crossed for the right result tomorrow night....

I don't think Waterford and Cork will be complaining if we go up, (and waterford stay up)

Derry didn't look too hot against us earlier in the yea, even though you managed to win!
Hopefully we can do the biz in the next two games, I fancy our chances against you!!!!!

cheifo
03/11/2007, 11:18 AM

In fairness its a fair enough comment.The most frustrating thing is this Harps team has played the best football I have seen us play in a long time.Then last night unfortunatley the lads got a severe case of stage fright and played like they had never met each other before.I have watched the highlights and If I was a neutral I would have found it difficult viewing.Another thing was I was in the stand and at the start and end of games the atmopsphere seemed fantastic.When I watched the highlights I couldnt beleive it was the same game it seemed so quiet.:confused:
Its going to be a real big task for Higsy to get the players focused and motivated again.Credit also to Cobh who have kept the pressure on and it paid off last night.We choked:(
Anyway this team has been amazing this season and only a very fickle fan would abandon them now.