PDA

View Full Version : Colin P O' Brien

Hitman
02/11/2007, 9:22 AM
http://www.southernstar.ie/article.php?id=411

I'm desperately trying to resist saying it's a step-up from Limerick and Queenstown.

Risteard
02/11/2007, 11:57 AM
What a shame.

Hitman
02/11/2007, 3:07 PM
Odd to recall the dramatic impact he had on his first few appearances, considering O' Donovan and Doyle came in comparitively quietly, and Long not at all. Sadly I was abroad when O' Flynn began to dramatically appear amongst the goalscorers. Anyway, O' Brien's winner against Shams on what I think was his home debut is one of my favourite City memories.

Pablo Escobar
02/11/2007, 5:51 PM
Odd to recall the dramatic impact he had on his first few appearances, considering O' Donovan and Doyle came in comparitively quietly, and Long not at all. Sadly I was abroad when O' Flynn began to dramatically appear amongst the goalscorers. Anyway, O' Brien's winner against Shams on what I think was his home debut is one of my favourite City memories.

Open to correction, but I think his debut was against Shels, when he put us 1 up in the last few minutes with a glancing header at the shed-end! :cool:

SÓC
02/11/2007, 6:59 PM
Open to correction, but I think his debut was against Shels, when he put us 1 up in the last few minutes with a glancing header at the shed-end! :cool:

He scored in both alright but I cant remember which came first. Against Rovers I think we were 1-0 down with 10 to go. I think we may have had a spotter (converted by Kelvin after a Costello hand ball) and then at the death Kelvin cushioned a lovely header into Colin P's path which he volleyed home with the side of his foot? All into the Shed end too!

Pablo Escobar
02/11/2007, 7:42 PM
He scored in both alright but I cant remember which came first. Against Rovers I think we were 1-0 down with 10 to go. I think we may have had a spotter (converted by Kelvin after a Costello hand ball) and then at the death Kelvin cushioned a lovely header into Colin P's path which he volleyed home with the side of his foot? All into the Shed end too!
I remember both, but now I've actually confused myself as to which one came first.

DolansWaistcoat
04/11/2007, 10:00 AM

Wasn't it against shels that we came back from 1 down when colin p scored the last minute winner?Twas many moons ago so I'm not sure.

rambler14
05/11/2007, 9:17 AM
Can't pass O'Brien wasn't a big hit in Cobh!

gael353
12/11/2007, 9:30 PM
Can't pass O'Brien wasn't a big hit in Cobh!

I believe one of ours SLK came up with that one, another was “consistently poor”…

West Cork Lad
11/12/2007, 3:06 PM
Colin brought some of the best moments to city
He is still slow to pass the ball. i spotted him talking to old city manger Liam Murphy in the stands at the Cup Final, I think he gave colin his first start???