PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity Football Match

Marco
01/11/2007, 10:53 AM
On December 16th at St.Colman's Park a celeb team from 96fm will play a Ramblers select. The game will be in aid if the Cork Lions Christmas Food Appeal and entrance o the game will be a donation of non perishable foods. The game will be broadcast live from the ground with entertainment provided also. During the lead up to the game we will hopefully have on air competition for some listeners to play on each team.

If anyone has suggestions on celebs that should play on the 'home' team post them here. (No this isn't a chance to kick the shi*te out of Neil Prenderville!)

This match will support a very worth cause during the time of year when people are under pressure to spend, also it is a good PR boost for the club during the off season. More details will follow.

luka
01/11/2007, 11:42 AM
How about on the home team, you invite supporters to, lets say, pay 100 euro fee or something for a 15 min spell. My boots are pretty old but I'd love the chance to have a laugh like that. Just a thought!! It's a way to generate further revenue for the cause.

rambler14
01/11/2007, 4:17 PM
On supporters playin in ramblers. i have an idea. What if for one of the home play off games rather than have underage players play at half time why not allow a foot.ie selection from ramblers take on a foot.ie selection from city.

Rams-07
01/11/2007, 4:19 PM
How about on the home team, you invite supporters to, lets say, pay 100 euro fee or something for a 15 min spell. My boots are pretty old but I'd love the chance to have a laugh like that. Just a thought!! It's a way to generate further revenue for the cause.
Great idea Luka..;)

bellavistaman
01/11/2007, 4:41 PM

But its rulin people out who have no money and who it would prob mean more to..

rambler14
01/11/2007, 4:47 PM
100 euro to play against 96fm????????? how about we just have a competition to see who'll play for ramblers. it would be nice to see some foot.ie regulars tog out.

bellavistaman
01/11/2007, 4:55 PM
100 euro to play against 96fm????????? how about we just have a competition to see who'll play for ramblers. it would be nice to see some foot.ie regulars tog out.

Correct, by the way its a great thing for the club Marco, well done.

rambler14
01/11/2007, 4:56 PM
something to be associated with, the echo shoild be kind to us!!!!!!!!

luka
01/11/2007, 5:24 PM
Jeez lads, t'was only a suggestion. Let's not go off track and take away from the original thread starting post.

But its rulin people out who have no money and who it would prob mean more to..

I agree with your comment, however, the theme of the day would be to raise badly needed funds etc, and what would be the point of getting people to play and not pay whan you can raise funds by having people pay and play............

luka
01/11/2007, 5:28 PM
On supporters playin in ramblers. i have an idea. What if for one of the home play off games rather than have underage players play at half time why not allow a foot.ie selection from ramblers take on a foot.ie selection from city.

That challenge was already laid down by the other forum (http://www.onefootballforum.com) sometime ago and wasn't well received as there were no takers but I see it has been asked again yesterday over there

bellavistaman
01/11/2007, 5:43 PM
Why dont they ask on this forum so. More members from cobh on this on i reckon, is there?

luka
01/11/2007, 6:01 PM
They did BV. See link below.

http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=70308

There are a good few Ramblers lads on the other one. I'm not at all touting for the other side but t'would be great to see Ramblers lads use both.

4th-div-are-we
03/11/2007, 10:18 AM
there wont be a home playoff now bud...we'r goin up as champs...

rambler14
03/11/2007, 10:38 AM
there wont be a home playoff now bud...we'r goin up as champs...

Never been so happy to c a game postponed!

don ramo
03/11/2007, 10:57 AM
there could yet be a setanta play-off,

rambler14
06/12/2007, 6:07 PM
Radio ads started this morning on 96fm. Kick-off 3.30. Sunday 16th.
Anybody know what Ramblers team it's gonna be?
I doubt Rams will play the senior team against a made up team. It'll probably be the over 35's mixed with the u21's.

outside in
06/12/2007, 7:11 PM
Radio ads started this morning on 96fm. Kick-off 3.30. Sunday 16th.
Anybody know what Ramblers team it's gonna be?
I doubt Rams will play the senior team against a made up team. It'll probably be the over 35's mixed with the u21's.
is it just rams players or can fans get in on it?

bellavistaman
06/12/2007, 8:11 PM
is it just rams players or can fans get in on it?

my thoughts exactly. pity its not 96/Red FM, i would pay for a 50/50 with trevor welsh.

rambler14
06/12/2007, 8:20 PM
my thoughts exactly. pity its not 96/Red FM, i would pay for a 50/50 with trevor welsh.

Didn't he get sacked?
I'd pay money to cream Neil Prenderville. Arrogant s**t!

6yardpunisha
06/12/2007, 10:09 PM
Didn't he get sacked?

First John O'Flynn and now Prenderville, is there anyone you dont like in Cork, hope NP doesnt read this for your sake

bellavistaman
07/12/2007, 12:40 AM
Didn't he get sacked?

disagree 100% think NP is a absolute legend, total straight talking no nonsence man. cant ask for more. GIVE US A GAME MARCO.ha

chimpster
07/12/2007, 5:39 AM
there could yet be a setanta play-off,

How long did ye stay on the rip after promotion, Don? :cool: We already went up to Derry and lost in the Setanta play-off so not quite sure how we'll get another go...

gee wizz
07/12/2007, 7:17 AM
as part of the charity half time entertainment why not ask for those 2 giant inflatable balls they use up at the city matches i think its red fm run that through out the league up there,would be good fun i think they have to be blind folded when doing it,could give out hats and scarfs as prizes,just an idea;)

rambler14
07/12/2007, 12:32 PM
How come i get picked on for saying i'd like to go in to a tackle with Neil Prenderville and bella gets away scot free for havin a go at Trevor Welsh.
Doesn't matter anyway neither of them are playing.

6yardpunisha
07/12/2007, 1:29 PM
How come i get picked on for saying i'd like to go in to a tackle with Neil Prenderville and bella gets away scot free for havin a go at Trevor Welsh.

we dont mess with Bella

bellavistaman
07/12/2007, 1:46 PM
bulletproof would be the term!!!

6yardpunisha
07/12/2007, 1:47 PM
bulletproof would be the term!!!

correct

6yardpunisha
07/12/2007, 1:48 PM
]How come i get picked on[/b] for saying i'd like to go in to a tackle with Neil Prenderville and bella gets away scot free for havin a go at Trevor Welsh.

dont draw bella onto you

outside in
07/12/2007, 1:52 PM
dont draw bella onto you
get him bella go on :D

don ramo
07/12/2007, 8:23 PM
How long did ye stay on the rip after promotion, Don? :cool: We already went up to Derry and lost in the Setanta play-off so not quite sure how we'll get another go...

WTH, i posted that on 3 of november,

don ramo
07/12/2007, 8:24 PM
first match of the season, bella VS 14;):D

bellavistaman
08/12/2007, 4:47 AM
first match of the season, bella VS 14;):D
same scenario as hitman mayweather tomorrow hatton will kill him, btw i'm hatton in this event

don ramo
08/12/2007, 11:06 AM
your in trouble cause maywaether is gonna hammer that little brit

luka
08/12/2007, 11:17 AM
your in trouble cause maywaether is gonna hammer that little brit

Correct

outside in
09/12/2007, 7:50 PM
wats dA story on fans playing, from wat i here there might b a few?

gee wizz
10/12/2007, 9:09 AM
wats dA story on fans playing, from wat i here there might b a few?

give luka a game i'd like to see him give it a go,we know you said you were 40 but thats young these days you could like a white roger milla,:D

outside in
10/12/2007, 11:31 AM
give luka a game i'd like to see him give it a go,we know you said you were 40 but thats young these days you could like a white roger milla,:D
lol class

don ramo
10/12/2007, 5:07 PM
same scenario as hitman mayweather tomorrow hatton will kill him, btw i'm hatton in this event

your in trouble after that fight bella, id say 14 is keeping his eye out for you:D

it would be good to have NP there, i used to listen to him, but you can only take so much of him in one lifetime:eek:, should be a good game though,;)