PDA

View Full Version : Spillane, AGAIN. Does this......

Éanna
11/05/2003, 5:56 PM
....fella ever talk any sense?

Just listeneing to him on trevor welch's big red bench, he was talking about his "beloved" Chelsea (wonder is he a member of the Irish-loving headhunters........ :rolleyes: ) and trevor suggested bohs might be an interesting draw for them in the champions league, to which the echo's resident eircom League expert replied that a "soft touch" like that would probably be handy for chelsea! :mad: :mad: Trevor attempted to help him out of the hole he was digging by suggesting Stephen Kenny mightn't agree, to which Noel replied that chelsea did indeed have a poor record against "weaker teams"

IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT
How does this guy get the gig writing for one cork city fc sponsor, when he's off badmouthing the league to another sponsor! I've bitten my tongue on this guy before, but he must just be taking the p!ss at this stage! :mad:

patsh
11/05/2003, 6:25 PM
Totally agree with you Eanna.
I sent Trev a text about it, but he didn't read it.
I'd reckon that was a slip which shows Spillage's true colours.
People can follow who they like, but the phrase about "not sh*tting on your own patch" comes to mind.

goalside
11/05/2003, 7:40 PM
noel is a astuut observer of the game and he is only saying what is true. bohs could not live with chelsea. what would you expect noel to say. he has a reputation of saying how it is - no bull**** with noel

Éanna
11/05/2003, 8:09 PM
Originally posted by goalside
no bull**** with noel
of course not, thats your department goalside.

It was BULL****, Bohs mightn't beat chelsea, but a) they wouldn't be a pushover and b) what oddboy said about not sh!ttin on your own patch is spot on.

The most worrying thing for me is that any Irish person would support chelsea. Their support is one of the most right wing and racist in Britain, which entails not liking Irish people very much- why any Irish person would support that club is beyond me!

Spillane should be booted off the city game coverage straight away for this, never mind those confused word-lists he calls articles.

Real ale Madrid
12/05/2003, 11:08 AM
I'm a big supporter of the eL and the standard is getting better but...........

If Bohs went to Stamford Bridge they would get stuffed 5/6-0. FACT.

Spillane is a gowl anyway.

eoinh
12/05/2003, 12:03 PM
The english line up for 2003 is imo the weakest ever in both the Uefa cup and champions league. No chance in the UEFA cup. Newcastle and Chelsea can forget about the european cup. imo arsenal and man utd can forget about the cup too, neither have the talent available.

eoinh
12/05/2003, 12:27 PM
Actually that got me thinking ( i know, strange) but of the football jounalists in this country which ones support what team (both here and abroad).

yur man
12/05/2003, 1:03 PM
i was listenin to a match last week and that the shelbourne manger pat fenlon was commentatin on. his co-commentator mentioned the fact that fenlon has a season ticket for celtic :confused: :rolleyes:

el insider
12/05/2003, 5:08 PM
i think bohs wud give chelsea a good game. sure they struggeled to beat shrewsbury town in thew fa cup quarters, 0only winning with two late goals and this is the same team that got relagated to the vauxall con from the english div3.