View Full Version : Hedderman

steven17
10/05/2003, 1:24 PM
wish pat would leave out hedderman

patsh
10/05/2003, 6:55 PM
Originally posted by steven17
steven17, are you related to or very friendly with John Andrews?
I reckon he should get a chance, but Dolan obviously thinks Hedderman, and probably others, are well ahead of Andrews in line for the starting place.
Andrews really needs to do something to prove that he is worth the chance.

Soko
10/05/2003, 6:59 PM
Thought Hedderman played quite well, nice touchs and was far better than gaz

James
10/05/2003, 7:00 PM
yeah think its agreed widely now that gaz has seen better days
still useful as a squad player though, as he can provide cover for fullback and centre half position (well better cover then deccie can :))

patsh
10/05/2003, 7:03 PM
Originally posted by James
yeah think its agreed widely now that gaz has seen better days
still useful as a squad player though, as he can provide cover for fullback and centre half position (well better cover then deccie can :))
Am I correct in saying that there was no sign of him, Gaz, last evening?
I couldn't see him togged off, anyway.

James
10/05/2003, 7:05 PM
well i or my roving camera eye didnt see him
duno was he in kerry either?

Neil
11/05/2003, 9:25 AM
I thought Hedderman did very well tonight.
Fair play to him.

SSS
11/05/2003, 1:59 PM
I thought Hedderman added nothing more than height to the team last night. His first touch was poor a few times.

He did nothing special against Kerry either.

However, Dolan likes him and he deserves a few games I suppose. (Dolan loves Doyle - and it's taken him a while to get into things, but he has. He had a very good game on Friday. He is not unlike Warren on the ball, but a probably a bit better)

niamh
11/05/2003, 2:18 PM
Every manager has players he personally likes or dislikes and his team is affected by it. I didn't think Pat was right to introduce him in the Rovers game at the time he did, but he's done alright since. Like every new player he needs a few games to settle.

foureyes
11/05/2003, 4:27 PM
I havent seen him play, but Hedderman is kind of a stupid name.

Hedderman. Hedderman.

its just...

sorry.

Éanna
11/05/2003, 5:44 PM
just been listening to trevors big red bench and someone texted in saying "hedderman was a waste of money" Whats with that? the guy has only played 1 and a bit games, give him a chance! I personally don't think we needed to sign another full-back, but he's here now and he doesn't deserve this kind of stick from the word go. Some people are so stupid its unreal

patsh
11/05/2003, 6:16 PM
Yeah, I heard that on the BRB too.
Totally premature.
Everyone needs at least 5 games.
He didn't read out my text though, congratulating Mucker McCarthy on his unblemished, point free record in the premiership !!;)

kilbrin
12/05/2003, 8:39 AM
Originally posted by Éanna
just been listening to trevors big red bench and someone texted in saying "hedderman was a waste of money"

Wasn't he a free transfer anyway!:D

Éanna
12/05/2003, 2:36 PM
Originally posted by kilbrin
Wasn't he a free transfer anyway!:D
yes he was. which makes this petty little campaign against him all the more stupid. what i want to know is who has it in for the guy and why?!

NorthoftheLee
13/05/2003, 12:06 PM
totally agree wit Éanna here.. the lad has only played a few games...players need 5-10 games to settle into a side..then another few to establish themselves....He's done ok so far...been good defensively from what I've seen..

Dricky
13/05/2003, 2:28 PM
That not the type of player some want they want a player to transfer here and have scored 15goal in 10 games even if he has only played 2 games-
Deccie Daly was stuck there last year what do we expect O'Shea to join, people have to get a slight bit realistic.

steven17
14/05/2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by oddboy
steven17, are you related to or very friendly with John Andrews?
I reckon he should get a chance, but Dolan obviously thinks Hedderman, and probably others, are well ahead of Andrews in line for the starting place.
Andrews really needs to do something to prove that he is worth the chance.

used to work with him(in the bakery) and know what a talent he is. and just really pis*ed not to see him get a run thats all ,he has done something hes back playing with ireland`s league team

sorry to back up a friend!....

sadloserkid
14/05/2003, 1:36 PM
used to work with him(in the bakery)

So Andrews is a baker, Noel O'Connor is a butcher, which one of them makes candles???? :D

patsh
14/05/2003, 2:28 PM
sorry to back up a friend!....
No need to apologise, theres nothing wrong with that.
I just wondered why you were so forceful about him, and against Hedderman.

Hitman
14/05/2003, 2:39 PM
Originally posted by oddboy
Am I correct in saying that there was no sign of him, Gaz, last evening?
I couldn't see him togged off, anyway.

He was sitting in the Donie Forde, as was Dave Warren. He did leave early though.

Hung Daddy
14/05/2003, 3:20 PM
I thought Hedderman was poor against Waterford, in fact, the whole back four were, Hoggie can't play at right back and Bennett can't play in the centre. I would go with Hoggie left, Carey right and with Dan and Cronin in the centre of defence. I was surprised that Hedderman came on against Rovers, bringing on a defender at that stage of the game. Dolan should have given him a start in the league cup if he wanted to give him his debut. Still, I remember having my reservations about Super Dan when he first played and now he just seems to get better with each game :-)

Ali
14/05/2003, 7:15 PM
Originally posted by Hitman
He was sitting in the Donie Forde, as was Dave Warren. He did leave early though.
Doesn't he live in Dublin whats the point in him coming down from Dublin to sit in the stands:confused:

James
14/05/2003, 7:22 PM
Originally posted by Ali
whats the point in him coming down from Dublin to sit in the stands:confused:

where did u expect him to watch the match from..the shed??? bah :)

A face
14/05/2003, 9:56 PM
Originally posted by James
where did u expect him to watch the match from..the shed??? bah :)

Well .... yeah .... no harm i'd say, get a few barrs out of him ... :D

steven17
15/05/2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by sadloserkid
So Andrews is a baker, Noel O'Connor is a butcher, which one of them makes candles???? :D

no its a pub here in cork he was a barman but he gave it up to concintrate on city

steven17
15/05/2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Hung Daddy
Still, I remember having my reservations about Super Dan when he first played and now he just seems to get better with each game :-)

do ya think?????? hes kina getting a bit sloppy i think when players run at him he lost. pulling out of challanges for one

but hey were all gonna see things differant