PDA

View Full Version : Old Jersey Night: 23 May

Neil
08/05/2003, 2:34 PM
Originally posted by paudie
On the supplement there's going to be a picture of the current squad wearing all the gears City have worn since 1984.

Going with that there is going to be a "Nostalgia Night" at the Shels game in 2 weeks time. Everybody to wear old jerseys! Should be good laugh

A face
08/05/2003, 3:53 PM
That should be good crack ..... just wear an old City shirt. (one that no one else has anyway)

That should be good.

niamh
08/05/2003, 5:25 PM
The whole thing is prob down to how media friendly Pat has made City.

pete
08/05/2003, 5:51 PM
Originally posted by niamh
The whole thing is prob down to how media friendly Pat has made City.

Yeah you really have shove a story in those lazy journo faces to get them to write anything ;)

Muppet
09/05/2003, 9:53 AM
Originally posted by paudie
On the supplement there's going to be a picture of the current squad wearing all the gears City have worn since 1984.

Should be a laugh.

In fairness you can't complain about the coverage City get from the Echo.

It's gonna be a 100 page supplement so!

I wouldn't read pro Unionist rags like the Sunday Indo, and Ireland On Sunday used to be good but it's gone up the swannee now. The Sunday Business Post is the best Sunday paper around.

Muppet
09/05/2003, 9:56 AM
Originally posted by SCOTTY II
Tough choice I have but its down to 2.

The infamous Kabia no 9 shirt which won we the Pi-Pa Berlin pub cup.....

Or Johnny C's cup final 98 one....hmmmmmmmmmm

Got to be Kabia for old time sake

You still have Kabia on your shirt? HA HA HA HA HA
I still have the black and yellow, but I have to be careful with it. It brings out my beer (and food) gut a treat as well. I've had it 11 years now!:cool:

@ndy
09/05/2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure
They have the away shirt launch on the Echo today, I have to say that I like it a lot more now with the girls on it, mmm mmm :)

Strokes hairy chin on number ten bus ;)

razor
09/05/2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Muppet
I wouldn't read pro Unionist rags like the Sunday Indo, and Ireland On Sunday used to be good but it's gone up the swannee now. The Sunday Business Post is the best Sunday paper around.

Never trust a newspaper with no Sports section !!!

razor
09/05/2003, 10:39 AM
I still have the black and yellow, but I have to be careful with it. It brings out my beer (and food) gut a treat as well.

There a good few of us in that club.
At least its not one of them Italian Kappa style jerseys
We'd be goosed
:D

shedite
09/05/2003, 2:16 PM
I have a red KABIA 9 jersey signed by the '98 cup winning squad. I'll have to take it down off the wall for the night. The picture's in the program tonight as well.

Soko
10/05/2003, 2:00 AM
You still have Kabia on your shirt? HA HA HA HA HA
I still have the black and yellow, but I have to be careful with it. It brings out my beer (and food) gut a treat as well. I've had it 11 years now!:cool:

Ya I'd love to wear the old West Germany effort Hoggies wearing in the paper buts it wouldnt even come close now. We'll go with Gregs vertical green and red stripes instead, just for safety.

Troy.McClure
12/05/2003, 12:43 PM
Can some one scan that pic and post it on the net please? Us expats cant see it :(

PS How annoying is that menu that follows you up and down the page when you scroll??? :mad:

Casegrande
17/05/2003, 5:33 PM
What jerseys are people gonna drag out for next Friday!
I've the old West Germany style one from the Cup final of 89 but there's not a hope I'd fit into it! It'll either be the 93 'three stripes' or the pyjamas...
Has anyone the original one from 84?