PDA

View Full Version : The Shed End

Rovers fan
29/10/2007, 1:24 PM
Just out of curiosity what has been done to replace the shed end? was ther not proposals for a center of excellence and a new stand? Have they got planning permission for anything yet? its a bit of a farce really. why was the shed knocked down if they aren't going to do anything with that end of the ground? we could have had the shed in place for all of this season because the have not done anything yet. only at sligo rovers would something like this happen.

feo123
29/10/2007, 5:01 PM
i seen the plans, their class actually

Rovers fan
29/10/2007, 5:45 PM
i seen the plans, their class actually

What are they?

feo123
29/10/2007, 6:26 PM
a clubhouse thingy and a lovely new terrace

SligoBrewer
29/10/2007, 6:32 PM
a clubhouse thingy and a lovely new terrace

i hate the plans.

the terrace is just a lump of concrete and will never be done.
its 'phase 2'..:rolleyes:
the centre of excellence was supposed to be up by christmas.
the terracing if its ever finished, is uncovered and vast and spread out.

a poor replacment for the shed end imo.

feo123
29/10/2007, 6:33 PM
i hate the plans.

the terrace is just a lump of concrete and will never be done.
its 'phase 2'..:rolleyes:
the centre of excellence was supposed to be up by christmas.
the terracing if its ever finished, is uncovered and vast and spread out.

a poor replacment for the shed end imo.

you do up something better then...

SligoBrewer
29/10/2007, 6:55 PM
you do up something better then...

feo. i'm not an architect ffs, im just saying that in my opinion, its ugly and appalling

Shedzer
29/10/2007, 11:38 PM
can we see them plans?

feo123
29/10/2007, 11:45 PM
i just saw them one day before a match up there, a fella showed me them. id say if you asked you'd see them

Redzer
30/10/2007, 12:27 PM
The plans are or were up on the wall of the secretary's office. I saw them a few months back. The centre did look an impressive undertaking. But, as someone said, it was to be an open terrace, which is not the way forward. It should be covered in. But, I've heard that all the plans for the shed end are now on permanent hold. Another farcical situation.

SligoBrewer
30/10/2007, 4:32 PM
The plans are or were up on the wall of the secretary's office. I saw them a few months back. The centre did look an impressive undertaking. But, as someone said, it was to be an open terrace, which is not the way forward. It should be covered in. But, I've heard that all the plans for the shed end are now on permanent hold. Another farcical situation.

the open terrace is no better than the current railway end and certainly no better than what was there.

for it to work the changing rooms and tunnel have to go back under a new shed with a clubhouse/'centre of excellence' thing going on there

kkontour
30/10/2007, 6:43 PM
the open terrace is no better than the current railway end and certainly no better than what was there.

for it to work the changing rooms and tunnel have to go back under a new shed with a clubhouse/'centre of excellence' thing going on there
Agreed, i think the showgrounds atmosphere was lost when the palyers no longer had to go down the tunnel via the shed end. It was so intimidating for the opposition, and their players felt it!

Knappagh Red
31/10/2007, 7:15 PM
I don't see why they demolished the old dressing rooms, they could have been used as a shop or a place to have tea for sponsors, also what was wrong with the terrace? That end looks terrible now and if we get a big game next season like a cup semi the capacity will be significantly reduced, probably under 4000. I remember talk in the late 80's about a shed end redevelopment, how old are the plans, if they date from then it may explain the terrace

Da Real Rover
03/11/2007, 1:18 PM
No point beating around the bush. The board got the Shed demolished because they despised the fans that went there, simple as that. We all knew this situation would be the case, a big empty space with nothing to replace it. The board actually made the showgies take a step back when they knocked it.

DonalE
10/11/2007, 3:41 PM
The Shed

SligoBrewer
10/11/2007, 11:13 PM
*sniff*

DaveyCakes
12/11/2007, 3:02 PM
No point beating around the bush. The board got the Shed demolished because they despised the fans that went there, simple as that. We all knew this situation would be the case, a big empty space with nothing to replace it. The board actually made the showgies take a step back when they knocked it.

If the board so disliked the fans who went there, they could have just left it and it would eventually have fallen down on top of them...

Red Army
12/11/2007, 5:14 PM

I think you’re been a bit over paranoid their DRR it was demolished because Rovers got a grant from the FAI if it was demolished

Da Real Rover
15/11/2007, 2:25 PM
I think you’re been a bit over paranoid their DRR it was demolished because Rovers got a grant from the FAI if it was demolished

Really?? How about the time the board closed it because there was a supposedly lethal crack in the shed?? So then the shed heads congregated in the red stand and ohh the board didnt like that, too close to the riff raff. So they opened it up again with a brand new safety modification to save any unfortunates from the collpasing shed due to a crack. Do you know what it was?? 2 metal fences tied togethor in the corner. We were saved from the lethal crack. Boll@cks.