PDA

View Full Version : Where will we finish?

Iorfa
10/05/2003, 12:05 PM
I think everyone will agree that the season so far has surpassed even the most optimistic of Blues fans' expectations. I, like anyone with half an interest in the Eircom League, assumed we'd be battling it out with UCD + Derry at the mo, but we've proven everybody wrong so far. I know its early days and anything can happen between no + end of season u but its just after seeing our performance last night against Cork I think we might just be up there come the end of the season. Well, as long as Dan Connor doesn't get injured, sold or kidnapped or something that is!

Pablo Escobar
12/05/2003, 5:31 PM
I don't think yee'll qualify for Europe, but yee definitely won't go down!
I'd say 5th or 6th!

Iorfa
12/05/2003, 6:32 PM
Well that'll do me Pablo, but I've still got this nagging feeling that with a few injuries we could be dragged into a relegation battle before we know it

noby
13/05/2003, 11:43 AM
I'd have to agree with you there. We need to do well against ucd, derry longford & drogheda, and everything else is a bonus.
although the good start is pleasing to see

patsh
14/05/2003, 5:42 PM
Originally posted by Iorfa
.....Well, as long as Dan Connor doesn't get injured, sold or kidnapped or something that is!
On that point, he would want to get rid of his holding grudges attitude. He took exception to O'Callaghan kicking he ball back to him last Friday night, and at half time he sprinted from his goal to jump into Georges back. Then after the penalty was scored, he punched George in the stomach. That kind of sh*te gets noticed and he may find himself on the recieving end of his own medicine and/or a few red cards. He played well the other night, but pettiness like that could come back to haunt him and the team at the wrong time.

More positively, I'd reckon Waterford will finish 6th at the lowest.
No danger of relegation.

Jimmy's_head
18/05/2003, 10:46 PM
The big worry has got to be our lack of depth in the squad. Then again Brian Mallon did a fanfunkingtastic job on Friday night. I'd say mid table at least.

Iorfa
18/05/2003, 11:03 PM
I agree with you about Brian Mallon, I thought he looked handy enough against Limerick and was surprised its taken him so long to get near the first team set-up, no doubt he'll be there or thereabouts in the next few games mind.