PDA

View Full Version : Queenstown Game on Monday

patsh
10/05/2003, 9:17 AM
Lads, does anyone know if this is a ticket game or cash at the gate?
Forgot to findout last night.

Neil
11/05/2003, 9:57 AM
I doubt if there'll be anywhere near a full house so it doesn't really matter.

Suppose we should still get 2000 though (which is more than most if the Jackeens get for big league game!).

ian
11/05/2003, 10:13 AM
I think that there will be about 3.to 4000 at this matc. I think that the 'ramblers' will bring a good away support with them for this one. Also if Billy plays he is going to get a hard time over what happend in cobh the last time.:ball: :ball:

Counting Crow
11/05/2003, 10:30 AM
City will probably play the same team that won in Kerry.

It would crazy to play the first team when thay have to travel to Derry on Thursday night. There is also no need to put a full team out against them.

Should be a good crowd at it though.

This raises another point ...... i.e. that of the so called "agreement" between the 2 clubs to play on Sunday's @ noon.
So much for that.

I hope we are planning to play them on Friday nights later in the season.

ian
11/05/2003, 10:55 AM
Will for the record the games between us and derry we will play them on the thursday nights and they will come down here to play us on the friday nights. This has been agreed between the two clubs.:ball:

RedX
11/05/2003, 10:57 AM
Maybe this is something that relates back to last years FAI Cup semi when Derry had to come down and play on the Friday night.They were not happy at all with that decision.The benefit of this decision for the fans is that we probably wont have to come over to the cross to watch a silly Sunday noon kick off with them when they come down.Those games really have such a lack of buzz about them over the years.I personally think its a disgraceful decision.How could any fans travel to Derry on a Thurs night with work...

Neil
11/05/2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by RedX
How could any fans travel to Derry on a Thurs night with work...
Lets be honest, how many would travel anyway no matter when it was on! it's a long ****in haul!

I think it's better for the team to fly up and play when it suits Derry and in return we get to play Derry in the Cross on our preferred Friday night (I presume)

ian
11/05/2003, 11:52 AM
Yes neil that is why it is on the friday night because we get a better gate than we would on the sunday.:ball: :ball:

niamh
11/05/2003, 2:23 PM
Aye. It's great. The clubs can play the matches when they want. Who cares about the fans anyway?
Ye are right about the Sunday games though. The ones at noon are a killer...

applehunter
11/05/2003, 6:15 PM
How much will they charge to get in. Will it be 10 euro again. I think that is too much for a league cup game.

Colm
11/05/2003, 6:27 PM
Originally posted by applehunter
How much will they charge to get in. Will it be 10 euro again. I think that is too much for a league game.

I would assume it will be the usual 10 euro. I don't think thats too much at all, in fact it is excellent value. A lot of other clubs charge 12 and even first division clubs charge 10, so you're getting a bargain at the cross. It's not even the cost of three pints or entry to a lot of nightclubs. How much do you expect City to charge???

goalside
11/05/2003, 7:43 PM
how much will it be for juveniles

ramsie
11/05/2003, 10:03 PM
i dont think cobh will hav a big crowd. they are only getting about 400 ta 500 per game at the moment.
if it was last year we would of had a big crowd up from cobh

i going with about 12 other lads

I KNOW COBH WONT WIN CAUSE YEAR LOVERBOY ALAN KELLY IS REF

SÓC
11/05/2003, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Colm
I would assume it will be the usual 10 euro. I don't think thats too much at all, in fact it is excellent value. A lot of other clubs charge 12 and even first division clubs charge 10, so you're getting a bargain at the cross. It's not even the cost of three pints or entry to a lot of nightclubs. How much do you expect City to charge???

Dont forget you can get student price for €5 at the huts before the game, even better value again.

ian
12/05/2003, 7:03 AM
A ramsie dont be like that. Give your team a chance.:ball: :ball: