PDA

View Full Version : KO time for Wales v Ireland???

sligobhoy67
26/10/2007, 2:58 PM
Just booking a train but want to know what the KO time is.

jmurphyc
26/10/2007, 2:59 PM
3 o' clock i believe.

That's the time declared on the Welsh FA page.

Sligo Hornet
26/10/2007, 5:35 PM
Definitely 3 pm!

Cymro
27/10/2007, 6:30 PM
It is 3 pm........but seriously, I'd take the stuff you read on the FAW site with a pinch of salt. It's one of the worst websites I've ever seen and they hardly ever update it.

mypost
28/10/2007, 6:36 AM
A mucky campaign finishes at a mucky time. :mad: Being Wales, It was never going to be any different, especially as RTE don't have the same financial muscle as ARD, but all the games really should ko at the same time at the weekend, at this stage of the competition. 5 more matches have to finish after ours, before we know where we've finished in the group for seedings. :rolleyes:

Superhoops
28/10/2007, 11:18 AM
A mucky campaign finishes at a mucky time. :mad: Being Wales, It was never going to be any different, especially as RTE don't have the same financial muscle as ARD, but all the games really should ko at the same time at the weekend, at this stage of the competition. 5 more matches have to finish after ours, before we know where we've finished in the group for seedings. :rolleyes:

The group stages don't finish until Wednesday 21st. We dont happen to happen to have a game that day as we will have compelted our fixtures. So we won't know where we finish until 21st November.

SuperDave
28/10/2007, 2:10 PM
The group stages don't finish until Wednesday 21st. We dont happen to happen to have a game that day as we will have compelted our fixtures. So we won't know where we finish until 21st November.

let's blame someone... i know, steve staunton! he should have made sure we finished on the last day.

ffs.

jmurphyc
28/10/2007, 2:16 PM
let's blame someone... i know, steve staunton! he should have made sure we finished on the last day.

ffs.

Well it is partly his fault. Surely San Marino wouldn't have minded not finishing up on the last day and we could have taken their place. Countries that have aspirations of qualifying for tournaments should always make sure they play on the last day IMO. Then again this was meant to merely be a test run for the successful 2010 campaign.

mypost
28/10/2007, 2:29 PM

The countries around us will have 2 more games to play after we finish ours, and 3 of them will know what they have to do to climb above us. Yes, they play on Wednesday too, and that's the luck of the draw. But far better that they only have to play 1 game after us, than 2. We can't play on Wednesday, but we could try and get the FAW to change the ko time at least. If the Germans can do it, so can we.

SuperDave
28/10/2007, 2:37 PM
The countries around us will have 2 more games to play after we finish ours, and 3 of them will know what they have to do to climb above us. Yes, they play on Wednesday too, and that's the luck of the draw. But far better that they only have to play 1 game after us, than 2. We can't play on Wednesday, but we could try and get the FAW to change the ko time at least. If the Germans can do it, so can we.

and who's going to pay the tv money to do that? rte? for a game with a viewing audience of well under 1mill? i think not.

mypost
28/10/2007, 7:14 PM
Shouldn't have to pay for it. Remember the silent atmosphere at the first game in March. Why?? 3.00 ko. :o

jmurphyc
28/10/2007, 7:22 PM
Whilst 3 o' clock kick offs are nowhere near as good in regards to the atmosphere compared to evening ones, the main reason the Wales game had a sh*t atmosphere was because it was the first game at Croke Park and consequently there were far too many event junkies and the likes there who knew **** all about football.

RogerMilla
02/11/2007, 12:42 PM
there were far too many event junkies and the likes there who knew **** all about football.

they didnt learn much more at the game either.

reder
02/11/2007, 1:22 PM
Im expecting a good atmosphere in the away end, given that we have nothing to play for and as a result a few thousand hardcore fans will only travel and the junkies will stay at home.